Enter to Win an Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jayromy

Audiophyte
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?

Performance 45%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations 0%
Other (please describe)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device

My Playstation 3- because the interface is clean and easy to use, and it is integrated with a blu-ray player and gaming system.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

I'd like to see some more sizes and models of subwoofer. I'd also like to see Outlaw make a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker package with included sub.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Questions:
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance - 20%
Price - 20%
Aesthetics - 20%
Brand Reputation - 10%
Discounts and Promotions - 15%
Professional Reviews -10%
Personal Recommendations -0%
Other (please describe)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

my gaming system - This is my only option!!! My long term goal is to network everything through receivers.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

Amplifiers for DIY Subwoofers with ProAudio style performance, but with out all the ProAudio connections....Standard RCA plugs and speaker terminals for home applications.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Performance 60%
Price 10%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation
Professional Reviews 20%
Personal Recommendations 5%

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.
Roku 2 - It streams faster than my blu ray player.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? perhaps headphones, since everyone is making one.

R

Rubicon_Joey

Audioholic Intern
Questions:

65% Performance
20% Price
10% Aesthetics
05% Brand Reputation
00% Discounts and Promotions (Isn't this covered by price?)
00% Professional Reviews (Too vague to make any sense of)
00% Personal Recommendations
00% Other (please describe)

my gaming system (PS3)

I would like Outlaw to stick with they do, after all they are pretty darn good at it!

S

SWSW

Audioholic Intern
Performance 40%
Price 10%
Aesthetics 20%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 0%
Professional Reviews 20%
Personal Recommendations 0%
Other (please describe)

my Blu-ray Player, Its easy to use.

streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
My Roku XD isnt as reliable as the blu ray but the interface is better.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw?
A set of high quality bookshelfs that would work in conjunction with the subs. Why

R

redrx8

Audiophyte

Performance 20
Price 20
Aesthetics 10
Brand Reputation 10
Discounts and Promotions 20
Professional Reviews 10
Personal Recommendations 10
Other (please describe)

PS3. works great, mostly streaming from my PC.
also do movies-on-demand from the cable company, which is also streaming.

Home Theater (5 or 7 ch) Receiver under $1000. Cause I'm getting frustrated with Denon AVR-890 right now.

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic

45% Performance
15% Price
20% Aesthetics
10% Brand Reputation
0% Discounts and Promotions
5% Professional Reviews
5% Personal Recommendations

WDTV Live media streamer

Pre-amp / processor with dual sub EQ capability

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
See bold print for answers.

Questions:

Performance 40%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 10%
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations 5%
Other (please describe) 0%

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system If I were to stream I would use my PS3
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? A "Hot Rod" receiver. No Bells, no whistles just high power 200watts @ 8 ohms that can easily drive 4 ohm loads also.) and bare minimum options at a mid-fi price. Why?...I'm sick of Paying for DSP's and Multiple zones and the like that don't get used. If a company does make a product like this they will charge an arm and a leg for it...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Questions:

* Performance 40%
* Price 40%
* Aesthetics 5%
* Brand Reputation 5%
* Discounts and Promotions 0%
* Professional Reviews 5%
* Personal Recommendations 5%
* Other (please describe)

* None, I prefer the shiny round stuff. Still very much bandwidth limited for HD flicks

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? Your own AVR to compliment your power amp and pre-amps.

S

SnowmaNick

Junior Audioholic
Questions:

Performance 60%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 10% (items included: warranty, QC, cust. serv., responsiveness to issues)...
Discounts and Promotions...
Professional Reviews....
Personal Recommendations...
Other (please describe)....

Movies streaming: PS3 gaming system (mainly Amazon Prime)
Music streaming: AppleTV 2 (store my music in iTunes lossless on a PC)

High powered stereo amp (250+ WPC @ 8 ohms, class A/AB). You make vrey good amps, and I think a stereo offering would help bring you to more customers in the stereo world, and provide options for multi-amp multichannel systems.

W

walke108

Audiophyte
Questions:
Performance
Price
Aesthetics
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

I would measure performance at 40%, Price at 35%, Brand Reputation at 10% and Professional Review at 15%.

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

I really like my Apple TV. It allows me to access all of my Itunes Music, Videos, plus I can purchase/rent high quality movies (for cheap). It is so simple to use and for a price of $100, how can you beat that? I have a Smart TV, Blu Ray Player, and gaming system that are all capable but not user friendly in the least bit.
I would like to see some 15'' subs for sale to compete with some of the other brands that are selling the 15'' subs. I know bigger doesn't always mean better but I think it would make for some great competition amongst a very strong market.

Last edited by a moderator:
sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Performance
Price
Aesthetics
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)
40% Performance
30% Price
10% Brand
7% Promotions
7% Professional Reviews
6% Personal recommendations
Aesthetics don't really come into play as long as it isn't butt ugly.

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other
I have gaming systems and fancy Blu-Ray players but I use a Roku 2 XS and like it a lot better for streaming content. The specialized device just does what it does better because of it's huge variety of content.

I'd like to see Outlaw enter the 15" subwoofer market but this time do it better than Hsu's 15" offering.

J

jeffbear

Audiophyte
Performance 50%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 0%
Professional Reviews 5%
Personal Recommendations 10%
Other (please describe)

My Apple TV does the heavy lifing for the streaming

I would love to see what Outlaw could do for the Blu-Ray player market. I think there is a need for affordable high quality players.

B

beargonefishing

Enthusiast

Performance - 50
Price - 30
Brand Reputation - 5
Professional Reviews -15

Tablet and Blu-ray Player

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic

35% Performance
30% Price
20% Aesthetics
0% Brand Reputation
5% Discounts and Promotions
5% Professional Reviews
5% Personal Recommendations

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device - Western Digital Streamer
other

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?[/QUOTE]

AVR's as said by many people already. I'd like to say something else to not follow suit, but I cannot disagree with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Ashevar

Audiophyte
Questions:
  • Performance40%
  • Price40%
  • Aesthetics5%
  • Brand Reputation5%
  • Discounts and PromotionsN/A, it's all price to me
  • Professional Reviews10%
  • Personal Recommendations0%
  • Other (please describe)
  • my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other HTPC
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? 12V systems, preferably somewhat ruggedized for marine use. Most marine systems consist of a generic car audio head unit.
See answers above

mjsmith

mjsmith

Audiophyte
Questions:
20% - Performance
40 % - Price
10 % - Aesthetics
10% - Brand Reputation
2% - Discounts and Promotions
15% - Professional Reviews
3% - Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

The best device for me right now is my Apple TV

I would like to see a complete system for the ipod dock crowd. There are too many bad speaker docks out there where the stereo speakers are put in one enclosure with a crappy amp. I would like to see something where the speakers could be separated or kept together for portability with Airplay and wired connections.

J

jschlarb

Enthusiast
  • Performance
  • Price - 15 %
  • Aesthetics -10%
  • Brand Reputation - 25%
  • Discounts and Promotions - 10%
  • Professional Reviews - 20%
  • Personal Recommendations - 20%

My PS3 (slim model)

An integrated amplifier with a great DAC, because there aren't enough of them.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
  • Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations
50% Performance
20% Price
10% Brand Reputation (and customer service)
10% Professional Reviews
5% Discount/Promotion
5% Aesthetics

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
I use two PS3s for streaming because I've tried a number of other devices (Roku, TV, BD player) and the PS3 does the best job for me so far.

That's a tough one because I've always thought of Outlaw mainly for amps, receiver/pre-pros and the RR2150 and I think you've still got that covered. Maybe a RR2150 in black? :)

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
Performance 50%
Price 30 %
Aesthetics 1%
Brand Reputation 10%
Professional Reviews 1%
Personal Recommendations 3%

Oppo bdp 103 because it has the capability to stream my flac 5.1 audio and Netflix 1080p with 5.1 audio

Streamer with detachable touch screen and web search capability at a affordable price, because every other streamer I’ve seen like this is priced way to high and outlaw could make one at a decent price

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis