Enter to Win an Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Back at you...

Questions:
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance - this falls under the review section
Price - 30%
Aesthetics - 25%
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions - hate discounts and promotions. Want to sell your product, set the price to a fair one. I don't want 50% on tuesday night at midnight.
Professional Reviews - 25%
Personal Recommendations - nope
Other (please describe) - 20% (size/features/etc - for example, in many cases, I can not accept massive subs, similiarily I'm always interested in wireless or in-wall options to minimize the impact of having a sub laying around... I've always wanted an under-couch system which can handle a 400w, 10" sub, just so it is out of the way...)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

my smart TV - Samsung LCD - Nope, never use it even though it streams netflix. hmmm have to think if it is worth running the internet cable to it. maybe?

my Blu-ray Player - Samsung BD1000 - sucks to use it, keeps losing connection, old POS - still though it is my "go to" mostly because it has to be connected to the internet ANYWAY just to update before it can play that new blue-ray disk I rented!

my gaming system - xbox 360 - too loud and noisy... POS.

my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) - what? I have 4 other systems that can stream and I'm going to buy yet ANOTHER box? you have to be kidding me!

other - My win XP, AMD Optron 160 with an AMD 4870 gpu PC - 8 years old. Runs great, outputs HDMI and optical outs. But nope... wife hates the fan noise. When it is just me, I run it all the time, I can upscale automatically AND it doesn't drop frames as often as my Samsung.

other - Amazon Kindle! My kid (and I) love IT! want to watch Super Hero Squad? Here you go! My four year old runs it fine, why would I want anything else?

None, I prefer the shiny round stuff - well actually I do, it is just becoming more and more that I am unwilling to wait to get it.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

Hmmm. I'm not sure. How about a receiver that even my son can figure out how to turn on and start watching his netflix shows without asking me?

Thanks!

jthomp27

jthomp27

Audioholic Intern
Questions:
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?

Performance 45%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews 5%
Personal Recommendations 5%
Other (please describe)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.
My Roku 2 XD

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?
Networked Audio/Video device that would allow you to stream content, with excellent DACs and video processing to clean up the compressed signal

V

Volta

Audioholic Intern
the outlaw

Questions:

Performance - 30%
Price - 25%
Aesthetics - 12%
Brand Reputation - 15%
Discounts and Promotions - 10%
Professional Reviews - 5%
Personal Recommendations - 3%
Other (please describe)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best
access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) - I have the Apple TV, and honestly I am not impressed with it. I've had many issues with connectivity. Currently shopping for an alternative
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

A high quality DAC because I feel it can be an important component in the system and everyone should have one!

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Performance 50%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 0%
Professional Reviews 20% (if from reputable sources)
Personal Recommendations 0%
Other (please describe) N/A

My gaming system a PS3 slim in the Media room (Also have an Xbox but PS3 is better quality- Able to stream Amazon VOD and other content into my media room. I also use 3 other Sony BR players in the house to do similar streaming service. Actually my 3 Sony BR players have more streaming features than my PS3. I have 2 Sony BDP-BX59s and a BDP-BX57.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw
Another balls out subwoofer in a 15" offering.

Why? TO kill the competition, why else?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
Questions:
  • Performance
  • Price 35%
  • Aesthetics 25%
  • Brand Reputation 20%
  • Discounts and Promotions 5%
  • Professional Reviews 10%
  • Personal Recommendations 5%
  • Other (please describe)
  • AppleTv

They may have it already, but a quality AVR in the $600-$800 range that, while it has all the hdmi goodies truly focuses on audio.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
Questions:
Performance 50
Price 25
Aesthetics 5
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews 20
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) apple tv
other
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? good self powered monitor speakers for computer desktop us.

H

hermeslyre

Audiophyte

Performance 25%
Price 25%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 10%
Professional Reviews 15%
Personal Recommendations 10%
Other (please describe)

My PS3 Fat. Netflix in 1080p, which for whatever reason Netflix doesn't offer to PC streamers.

I'd like to see a competitively priced 15" (or better output/extension than the Ex at least) sub added to their lineup. Added to that the Strong performance of Outlaw products and the yearly sales they offer, I Suspect it would quickly become the price/performance leader.

N

npsquire1

Enthusiast
Performance-30
Price-25
Aesthetics-10
Brand Reputation-20
Discounts and Promotions-5
Professional Reviews-5
Personal Recommendations-5
Other (please describe)

I generally stream from my Toshiba laptop through HDMI to my TV.

Integrated amplifiers. Outlaw had done a great job in the past with their stereo receiver and stereo amplifiers, why not try their hand at integrated amps?

A

agular

Junior Audioholic
Outlaw Audio sub Contest giveaway

Performance 90%
Price 0%
Aesthetics 6%
Brand Reputation 0%
Professional Reviews 4%
Other (please describe)

P

Puppetz

Audioholic Intern
1)
Performance 50%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 5%
Professional Reviews 5%

2) None, I prefer the shiny round stuff. I was using my PS3 for Netflix streaming before Netflix changed their pricing options.

3) Quality desktop speakers. Just because I spend a lot of time at my desk working on the computer doesn’t mean I shouldn’t have high quality sound.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Outlaw Audio is giving away a LFM-1EX Subwoofer to one (1) lucky entrant! This contest represents a $649 value!

Our friends at Outlaw Audio are gonna help you Shake Rattle & Slam into the New Year by entering to win a brand new Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer. As you can see in our review and comprehensive measurements, this subwoofer is a sure bet to give your home theater system a shot of adrenaline. Just make sure you install seat belts in your seats if you are our lucky winner at the end of the month!

What you could win:
The LFM-1 EX continues the tradition of maximum output, linear response and deep authoritative bass at a value oriented price. Now, you can achieve output to 16 Hz in large listening rooms without emptying your wallet. If you have never experienced truly deep bass, or felt you could never achieve chest pounding bass reproduction in your larger listening room you owe it to your theater to audition the LFM-1 EX.

What we had to say about the LFM-1ES Subwoofer:

"Based on our extensive testing, the LFM-1 EX proved to be an overachiever at its mere $650 price tag...Outlaw has knocked this one out of the park as far as we're concerned. Budget conscious sub shoppers looking to fill a large space take note!"

Specifications
  • Driver Type: Down Firing, 12" Long-throw Woofer
  • Ports: Dual
  • Amplifier Power Rating: 350WRMS
  • Frequency Response:
  • one port plugged: 16Hz. -180Hz. +/- 2 dB
  • no ports plugged: 22Hz. -180Hz. +/- 2 dB
  • Crossover Type: Linkwitz-Reily 4th Order Low Pass Network
  • Crossover Frequency: 30Hz to 180Hz and Bypass
  • Phase: 0 to 180 Degrees
  • SPL: 118dB (subject to placement and room gain)
  • Dimensions: (HxWxD) 21.5" x 17" x 24 "
  • Weight: 80 lbs

Contest Eligibility Requirements:
  • You Must be a registered Audioholics forum member
  • Have Continental USA Residence (Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada can enter provided the winner agrees to pay the difference in shipping costs as well as any duties, taxes, etc.)
  • Answer the questions in the thread below
  • Post only ONCE in this thread
  • Have not won a prize in one of our contestes in the last 180 days
  • Check out our contest rules for more details

Contest Questions:
Please answer the below questions by replying to this thread and we will pick the winners randomly which will be announced on the Audioholics facebook fan page (facebook.com/audioholics) and in this thread.

How these questions are answered will not increase nor decrease the chances of winning.

Questions:
  • Performance
    [*50]Price
    [*15]Aesthetics
    [*15]Brand Reputation
    [*05]Discounts and Promotions
    [*10]Professional Reviews
    [*5]Personal Recommendations
    [*0]Other (please describe)
  • my smart TV
    [*100]my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?Wirless Speakers- audio phile quality

See OutlawAudio.com for information on their current product lineup.​

Note this contest ends on December 31st, 2012. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
I have an outlaw amp and used to have had the 990 AVP. Outlaw make outstanding audio gear!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

copperfox

Audioholic Intern

Performance 32%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 8%
Brand Reputation 8%
Discounts and Promotions 15%
Professional Reviews 7%
Other (please describe):

For Pandora or Youtube I use my Panasonic blu-ray DMP-BD60 connected via wired ethernet to my home network.

For streaming content from my NAS (music and movies) I use my Samsung 46" LCD (LN46C600) also connected via ethernet. It's not the newest TV, and if I upgrade, the new one will have Pandora/Youtube, etc. and then I'll just use that instead of the blu-ray player.

How about a 975 Processor that has some kind of room calibration such as Audyssey and an additional subwoofer pre-out.

It would be cool to have a high pixel density touch screen built into the unit too. It would be expensive, but cool. And I'm not sure how I'd feel about fingerprints all over it. But it would be much sleeker than some of these AV receivers with 60 buttons on the front. You'd still have to keep some buttons for quick access (power, volume knob, 5 different inputs...). Ooh what about voice control! "Switch to blu-ray" :D

Or how about a PCI-express sound card with toslink. I know there are already some of these on the market, but most of them either seem overpriced or they have crappy software or drivers. Just an idea.

J

jrf

Audiophyte
Performance 50% <- to me this goes with pro reviews
Price 40%
Aesthetics 10%

competitively priced 15" sub added to the lineup

C

curx02

Audiophyte

50%-Price
50%-Professional Reviews

Playstation 3 - movies, music - dell desktop through Denon AVR 4311

Subwoofer w/larger amp to compete with the elite Subs for very large rooms. Why? Outlaw products used to be some of the best, this would put them back on top where I am used to them being

B

Byrdsmaniac

Audiophyte
Performance 50%
build quality 25%
value (not just price) 15%
the only reviews that matter have measurements 10%

I use a Mac Mini

Integrated digital amp with subwoofer crossovers and parametric EQ room correction.

marcusvb05

Audiophyte
Performance = 25%
Price = 25%
Aesthetics = 5%
Brand Reputation = 10 %
Discounts and Promotions = 5%
Professional Reviews = 5%
Personal Recommendations = 25%

I used both Apple TV and Roku and prefer Roku. Roku interface is much more elegant and has more channels (free/fee). The Roku remote has a much better feel and layout.

Well, I was anxiously awaiting for the 978 they never made it. Looking for a preamp with good sound/video quality and good room eq at competitive price. Hence the 978 :eek:

Z

Zuber-fi

Audiophyte
Free sub, yes, thank you!

How these questions are answered will not increase nor decrease the chances of winning.Questions:1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance 20
Price 20
Aesthetics 5
Brand Reputation 20
Discounts and Promotions 5
Professional Reviews 20
Personal Recommendations 10
Other (please describe)
Nintendo Wii, Samsung Galaxy S iii
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? Hi end gaming/streaming device! Sony's the closest thing, but has room for improvement.

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic

Performance 25%
Price 25%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 25%
Other (please describe)

MY PS3 is the best in my house. It provides netflix, huluplus, along with other services like amazon. You still have to pay Microsoft for a monthly / yearly subscription for their xbox360 service to get access to these apps. Only wish the PS3 had HBO GO and the other newer stand alone studio streaming apps.

I would have to say there own line of AVR's. With there reputation with electronics and brand power they could be up there with Denon and the others.

J

jasondhenry

Enthusiast

Performance 50%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 1%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 9%
Other (please describe)

Oppo BDP 93

Tower Speakers, I believe Outlaw would make some killer towers in the $2000 price range which a lot of people would be able to afford.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General

Performance-50
Price-30
Aesthetics-10
Professional Reviews-10

Shiny round stuff. Streaming still can't get to the quality of physical media

If you make quality subs, why mess with a winning formula? MORE SUBS PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis