Enter to Win an Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?

40% Performance
40% Price
10% Aesthetics
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
10% Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
X other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

My HTPC, with the rare exception of streaming HD Amazon content, which due to DRM is locked down to my Samsung TV.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

Probably little to no demand for it, but I'd like to see a stereo receiver with analog bass management (like the RR2150), but at a lower price point. It's tough to make the jump from a cheap refurbed Onkyo for <$200 to $700 for a spare stereo setup. If my main setup was stereo I'd have no problem with the RR2150, but it'd be nice to have an affordable option. :)

J

jcisbig

Enthusiast
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?

Performance = 40%

Price = 20%

Aesthetics = 5%

Brand Reputation = 10%

Discounts and Promotions = 5%

Professional Reviews = 20%

Personal Recommendations = 0%

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

I use my blu ray player (older Samsung model) to stream Netflix and I use my PC connected to my HT to stream hulu.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

A more well rounded speaker selection with all types of speakers.

S

surfmaker11

Audiophyte
Questions:
Performance: 40%
Price: 20%
Aesthetics: 5%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations 10%
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

My best streaming device is Apple TV (2nd generation). The reason I rate this device the best, has to do with the software interface. It is very user freindly and easy to use. The picture quality is also great.

I am some what new to Outlaw products. I have heard of thier amplifiers and reciently saw a couple of reviews on this web-site. I would like to see them introduce a nice 2.1 channel pre-amp to mate up with their amplifiers and subwoofers.

J

James Lu

Audiophyte
Performance =30%
Price = 10%
Aesthetics = 10%
Brand Reputation = 15%
Discounts and Promotions = 5%
Professional Reviews = 20%
Personal Recommendations = 10%

My PC. All streaming software is on my PC.

desktop speakers. I need something portable.

J

jstoddard

Audiophyte
Performance =30%
Price = 20%
Aesthetics = 5%
Brand Reputation = 15%
Discounts and Promotions = 10%
Professional Reviews = 5%
Personal Recommendations = 15%

Boxee Box

Quote:
I'd really like to see a low cost processor with room correction built in. I need it to go with my vintage outlaw 750 amp :)

Thanks,
Jeff

R

razzy

Junior Audioholic
pick me! :)

Questions:

Performance 55%
Price 35%
Aesthetics 3
Brand Reputation 2%
Discounts and Promotions 2%
Professional Reviews 2%
Personal Recommendations 1%

I don't really stream media from anywhere except my laptop via spotify or my iphone via spotify or pandora. i prefer having physical media or ALAC music files

a 15" subwoofer! :)
b/c its the next logical step to building your product line in a way that provides more types of products for more people.

D

Definitive_Tech

Audiophyte
Outlaw contest entry

Performance 60%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 2.5%
Personal Recommendations 2.5%
Other (please describe)

My go-to right now is my Oppo BDP 103, but also I use my Onkyo TX NR 809 because of it's ability to run Sirius/XM. It would be nice to have one unit that seamlessly does it all for me, but it doesn't seem to be possible right now. It honestly isn't a high priority for me right now due to my current habits, but if that changed I would certainly put I higher emphasis on having one seamless source.

I like the "outlaw" theme, but part of being an outlaw is being nasty and standing out in an outlandish way. An "outlaw" sub for me would be a nasty 18" ported sub. I know that it wouldn't be for everyone, but that is what an outlaw is. I own a SVS PC 13 Ultra because it is outlaw-ish. The aesthetics and performance scream outlaw.

K

kaiforce

Audiophyte
Entry

Questions:

Performance 50%
Price 25%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 3%
Professional Reviews 5%
Personal Recommendations 2%

My Smart TV connected to the network. I stream to my Samsung TV from my PC using the Samsung PC Share software.

I would like to see Outlaw create some nifty satellite speakers to compliment there bookshelf and center channel line. :p

J

jdcsi99

Audiophyte

Performance 20
Price 25
Aesthetics 10
Brand Reputation 15
Discounts and Promotions 5
Professional Reviews 15
Personal Recommendations 10
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

My Xbox 360, gets the most usage for streaming, following moderately behind is my Sony blu-ray player...

Centerspeakers...

J

JonnyFive23517

Audioholic
Questions:
  • Performance 45%
  • Price 20%
  • Aesthetics 5%
  • Brand Reputation 20%
  • Discounts and Promotions 0%
  • Professional Reviews 10%
  • Personal Recommendations0%
  • Other (please describe)

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system -I only use PS3 for streaming.
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? No new product, just saving up for a 7x200 power amp, maybe waiting for next years Black Friday.

A

avengineer

Banned

Questions:
  • Performance
  • Price

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jlb500

Audiophyte
Questions:

Performance 30%
Price 30%
Aesthetics
Brand Reputation 15%
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews 25%
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

PS3 does the job!3)

What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

An organicly developed AVR. An AVR that delivers value with exceptional performance relative to audio/video, room correction software, and plenty of power. Sacrafice bells and whistles for performance. The only bell/whistle I would include would be two-zone HDMI output. This would entice buyers like me looking for an AVR (not seperates) that isn't offered from competitors like Emotiva. Forget streaming that can be accomplished from today's blu-ray players and smartTVs. Forget Apple Airplay. For aesthetics, it should look like a piece of equipment with simple "less-is-more" design.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
Questions:

Performance 25
Price 25
Aesthetics 0
Brand Reputation 25
Discounts and Promotions 15
Professional Reviews 10
Personal Recommendations 0
Other (please describe)

X other I use my hp pavillion dm4 lap top. Its my only streaming option.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? HDMI switchers.

It seems that a lot of hdtvs are offering less and less hdmi inputs. also, my pioneer bdp-51fd wont play through my marantz sr7001. handshake issue.

E

E333slp

Audiophyte
Outlaw Sub

Performance: 70%
Price: 20%
Aesthetics
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews:10%
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

my gaming system: ps3 slim
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Big, loud, musical floor standing speakers. I think they would do a great job with design and value.

G

greatdavide

Audioholic Intern
Daddy needs more bass!

Questions:

• [60%]Performance
    [30%]Price
    [7%]Aesthetics
    [3%]Brand Reputation
    I assume performance from these:
    [80%]Professional Reviews and measurements
    [20%]Personal Recommendations

• my gaming system
    3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw?

Stand alone multi sub tuning system - wireless would be preferred.

Why?
    Cause I like great sound and I'm lazy...

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Questions:
  • Performance 35%
  • Price 35%
  • Aesthetics 10%
  • Brand Reputation 10%
  • Discounts and Promotions 2.5%
  • Professional Reviews 5%
  • Personal Recommendations 2.5%

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • other

Well since I just sold my Xbox 360 I just picked up a Roku 2 XS, but just figured out it wont stream WAV/FLAC so I might be going to AppleTV. Then again, AppleTV can't play .MKV files so those will need to be converted. Maybe WDlive is next lol

It would be ps3/xbox360 if I still gamed as much as I used to

I would something other than speakers as you'll always have too many things to compete against, possibly lowering sales on that item. AVR's with no bells/whistles could be good, but again you're only limited to who wants that kind of AVR and loose out on everyone that DOES need those things.

I would say either 15" subs to extend your product line OR a streaming player (and possibly integrate blu-ray player into it) that has a very nice user interface, completely integrated with Android/Iphone app, and able to stream all content including Flac, wav, .mkv etc that so many other players "might or might not" do...and some don't do it too well. By bringing in a product that would have a interface like Itunes, but accept all music and video formats you would have people coming to purchase that AND seeing your other lines of products. If I wasn't into audio, I wouldn't Outlaw, but I bet most would begin to wonder about their subs/speakers/etc if this company named Outlaw could put out such a good product...why not try their "other" products.

J

jgeorg5

Audioholic Intern
Performance - 35%
Price - 25%
Aesthetics - 10%
Brand Reputation - 10%
Discounts and Promotions - 5%
Professional Reviews - 10%
Personal Recommendations - 5%
Other (please describe)
my gaming system - Sony PS3
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? A big sub in the $1,000 - $1,200 range. I prefer the look of the Outlaw subs to their closest Hsu counterparts, so I'd love to see what you could do with a HSU VTF-15H equivalent.

N

nioveratus

Audioholic Intern
Performance=25%
Price=50%
Aesthetics:0%
Brand Reputation=5%
Discounts and Promotions:5%
Professional Reviews=10%
Personal Recommendations=5%
Other (please describe)
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other: I use my PS3 for streaming since it has netflix and I also use my Samsung Bluray Player since i can stream music from my PC using this device.
I think a subwoofer costing between 350 and 500 will be a good addition for the ones than can afford more the M8 but less than LF line but still want a solid product.

X

xntrik7

Audiophyte

Performance:50%
Price:10%
Aesthetics:10%
Brand Reputation:20%
Discounts and Promotions:5%
Professional Reviews:2.5%
Personal Recommendations:2.5%
Other (please describe)

Xbox 360 Slim. I enjoy the user interface of Netflix on the Xbox. I think it is better than my PS3. Functionality is huge for me and the experience just seems more refined to me.

I would like to see Outlaw Audio offer a solid speaker lineup. One similar to SVS, damn good subs matched with damn good speakers. That gives customers some possible savings on a 5.1 or 7.1 system that is tailored to their Outlaw sub.

I would also like to see Outlaw Audio update the look on their electronics line. They look a little dated.

B

bluemoon737

Audiophyte
Outlaw Audio is giving away a LFM-1EX Subwoofer to one (1) lucky entrant! This contest represents a $649 value!

How these questions are answered will not increase nor decrease the chances of winning.

Questions:
  • Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations

Performance 35%
Brand Reputation 25%
Aesthetics 20%
Professional Reviews 10%
Price 10%

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • other

My Blu-ray player (LG-BDP-670)

Universal Blu-ray player. Always room for more universal players.

See OutlawAudio.com for information on their current product lineup.​

Note this contest ends on December 31st, 2012. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
Answers inside the quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis