STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Miss my boy Oliver. He passed a few months back...

Dugan has his work cut out for him...:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Miss my boy Oliver. He passed a few months back...
Sorry to hear that man. It is never easy to lose a loved one.

Playing tug through the table

Sittin like a trucker

Happy at home with the remnants of the fire starting to fade as things green up.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Here's my male Jasper on his b-day, 3 time dual champion, that dog can hunt :D I trained him myself, my female was professionally trained because I got her in the summer and training would have started in the winter when IM busy... they are both all visual commands, very little voice {just the essentials, come, stay, stop, lye for voice} no sit, they are show and hunting dogs, and a good way to lose is if someone yells out sit to their dog and you dog sits while being judged....

and in case you were wondering, thats peanut butter cake with ground duck filling... and yah they sit at the table on special occasions...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice photobomb by the cat LOL.

Our cat LOVES our dog

Last edited by a moderator:
96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Zoey when she was young and before she filled out. She's a buck-20 now and still a tard.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I love dogs ...

I had posted pics of my Jack Russell Pete but I lost him when I broke up with a woman a couple of years ago. He had a brother and I was able to get him from the same breeder at 18 months old.

Best dog I've ever had and he loves hangin with me in the HT ... :)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
We have 3 dogs my lovely wife Stephanie has an elaskin huskie
I have 2 sharpie dogs Chinese fighting wringcley dogs :)

This is Tessa 11 months old

Bella 3 years old

T

Texun1

Junior Audioholic
We are about animal poor around here. 2 of our French Bull dogs.... Jazzmini the pup and Jax the Old Man

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
We got Henry earlier this year- haven't had a larger breed (mix) in 5 years.
Forgot how much work puppies are :0

With Agent Frank and and 'MaddieMac:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I can't believe I didn't post in there before.

First pug was Mocha, the one Emorphine turned into a brain bug.

Spent most of her time like this.

She passed away a few years ago (2?) and within a month her replacement, Ru had landed. Personally, when you have something as loving as a dog around, and then lose it, you shouldn't wait to have that kind of love back in your life. Some people like to wait, but for us it was a no brainer that being alone without that presence wasn't an option.

Now, Ru!

DSC_3234 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

DSC_3230 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

DSC_3222 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

DSC_3271 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

DSC_3307 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

SheepStar

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Here's Max this morning. Odds are things won't be much different this afternoon.
Max-O.jpg

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
My Shiba Inu, Toyo.

Jim
Hi Jim, I've been looking into that breed and was wondering what your experiences have been as far as temperament, personality, and health issues go. Thanks.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
It's really hard to generalize about temperament. They have a reputation for being reserved but not all of them are.

Toyo is 2 and he's pretty active, he barks at people he doesn't know, and wants to run up to every dog we see on a walk and goes apes**t when I don't let him. He's also not a lap dog but occasionally hangs out on the couch with me. He also spends a lot of time in his "nest". I put a bed under my corner bass trap behind the couch. That's where he sleeps and hangs out a lot of the time.

My friend's Shiba, Kochi, is pretty outgoing with people but has dog aggression issues. She and Toyo get along, though.

As far as health issues, they can have knee and hip problems but we haven't seen that. Kochi suffers from allergies and that appears to be part of her line. Too has an allergy issue from late August until fall due to the high pollen, probably ragweed. His legs and feet get itchy and he chews them. I keep him on Prednisone for the duration and that keeps things under control. On his last checkup, Toyo showed some signs of juvenile cataracts. That probably won't be a real issue for years and it's correctible now.

Google+ has a community for Shiba Owners and Enthusiasts. It's mostly a lot of Shiba pictures but there is some discussion about their personalities.

Jim

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Hi Jim, I've been looking into that breed and was wondering what your experiences have been as far as temperament, personality, and health issues go. Thanks.
My next door freighbors have 2- 1(male) had dog aggression issues, the other, (female) is a total spaz and loves people and dogs. She's a runner though, and will bolt whenever there's an opportunity.
Get a mellow pound hound- easier to deal with.
Cheers, Mac

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
That is one thing about Shibas. They have a strong prey drive. They were originally used for flushing small game. I've managed to tame Toyo's a bit but I still have to keep an eye on him when we walk.

Jim

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis