gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Just the usual stuff,

"Hey bird"

"Hey baby"

"Take a bath"

"Peek-a-boo"

Stuff like that. She imitates EVERY sound in the kitchen from the microwave to opening cabinet doors. The one that really cracks us up is when she says, "Stop it." I guess we say that to her a lot. She's always getting into something. :D
I had a friend who had one years ago. One day it started making sounds like it was a girl getting pounded in bed. You should have seen the look his mom gave him.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General

He is trying to get away and drive off by himself :D

Peace,

Forest Man

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I had a friend who had one years ago. One day it started making sounds like it was a girl getting pounded in bed. You should have seen the look his mom gave him.
Now that's funny. I had a friend that gave his Umbrella Cockatoo to a friend while he was on vacation. When he got it back the bird was crying like the couple's newborn baby. How bad would that suck?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan

He is trying to get away and drive off by himself :D
He looks like he's thinking, "This is the best car you could get me? Come on daddy, it doesn't even have a backseat. Where am I gonna put my ladies?"

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Now that's funny. I had a friend that gave his Umbrella Cockatoo to a friend while he was on vacation. When he got it back the bird was crying like the couple's newborn baby. How bad would that suck?
Plenty bad. Unless it way my baby. She's sooooooooooo cute.:D

N

Nugu

Audioholic

Malamute/Shepard mix (kinda neat actually, has the shepard "saddle" and face with the malamute tail and fur), she was picked up by the humane society roaming in a nearby town when she was a puppy. Way too energetic and excitable. She ended up stepping in a hole while running around in the fields and ripped a tendon. You'd think she'd learn, but at least she listens to "slow" when going down steps now - unless she's excited.

Edit: She also hates the cats but eats their food. Unless she wants to play or "dominate" them.

skyline_123

skyline_123

Audioholic
Took him out yesterday. We can finally say Chowder is 100% healthy.
What happened to him?

Our Great Dane just got home from being at the Vet's for over a week. The dip-$hit ate a huge rope toy while we were at Mardi Gras in New Orleans and caused intussesception of the intestines where they 'telescoped' over one another. The surgeon had to remove 4 feet of small intestine. 4 grand and 5 days later, he's home:eek: . What's funny is that I almost pulled the trigger on the ZDT 3.5 DIY speakers but now this happens. It's going to be a while before building anymore speakers. :(

Forest Man, got any more S2000 pics?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
What happened to him?

Our Great Dane just got home from being at the Vet's for over a week. The dip-$hit ate a huge rope toy while we were at Mardi Gras in New Orleans and caused intussesception of the intestines where they 'telescoped' over one another. The surgeon had to remove 4 feet of small intestine. 4 grand and 5 days later, he's home:eek: . What's funny is that I almost pulled the trigger on the ZDT 3.5 DIY speakers but now this happens. It's going to be a while before building anymore speakers. :(

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=684969&postcount=16

We got him from the shelter and he happened to be fairly ill (we didn't know it at the time).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
4 grand and 5 days later, he's home:eek: . What's funny is that I almost pulled the trigger on the ZDT 3.5 DIY speakers but now this happens. It's going to be a while before building anymore speakers. :(
I'd a had the speakers ... a rec'r ... a projector ... etc :eek: :eek:

Glad your dog's alright. :rolleyes: :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
What happened to him?

I/m glad he's ok. Did you know Danes are ranked #1 for the amount of money they cost their owners.:)

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Why Some Men Have Dogs And Not Wives:

Why Some Men Have Dogs And Not Wives:

1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.

2. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.

3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.

4. A dog's parents never visit.

5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.

6. You never have to wait for a dog; they're ready to go 24 hours a day.

7. Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk..

8. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.

9. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, "If I died, would you get another dog?"

10. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.

11. A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.

12. If a dog smells another dog on you, they don't get mad. They just think it's interesting.

13. Dogs like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.

And last, but certainly not least:

14. If a dog leaves, it won't take half of your stuff.

Ultimate Test: Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour. Then open the trunk and see who's the happiest to see you.

Later,

Forest Man

P.S. - I love dogs ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
My Dog Tank

My English Bulldog is 6 months old and named tank. He's already 47 pounds...he will be large when full grown.

Last edited by a moderator:
rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
My Great Dane (Arthur) passed away a couple of months ago. I have never had a "small dog" but we picked this little guy up last weekend. He's a Jack Russell (big dog, small body) and it looks like life will be interesting for the foreseeable with this little Tasmanian Devil.

Here is Pete:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
My Great Dane (Arthur) passed away a couple of months ago. I have never had a "small dog" but we picked this little guy up last weekend. He's a Jack Russell (big dog, small body) and it looks like life will be interesting for the foreseeable with this little Tasmanian Devil.

Here is Pete:

Sorry for your loss. Danes are an experience that is not easily explained. RIP Arthur.:(

Jack Russells are also a unique experience. Tuff little things! I have never owned one but a friend of mine in on his third. Pete's a good looking dog!:cool:

skyline_123

skyline_123

Audioholic
My Great Dane (Arthur) passed away a couple of months ago.
Sorry to hear that. I was told by some Dane owners that once you live with a Great Dane, you'll never live without one. They are very pleasant to be around b/c they're so large yet very affectionate and gentle. It's very funny when you're sitting on the couch and you get this giant head laid down on your shoulders from behind you and they just sit there until they fall asleep and almost fall over. Ours also likes to bury it's forehead in your chest as you're scratching behind the ears.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Sorry to hear that. I was told by some Dane owners that once you live with a Great Dane, you'll never live without one. They are very pleasant to be around b/c they're so large yet very affectionate and gentle. It's very funny when you're sitting on the couch and you get this giant head laid down on your shoulders from behind you and they just sit there until they fall asleep and almost fall over. Ours also likes to bury it's forehead in your chest as you're scratching behind the ears.
Yes, they are great dogs but they also tend to have a short lifespan (7-8) years and Arthur was just 7 years old. That can make it tough when you become attached to them.

The Jack Russell is at the other end of the spectrum energy wise and can live for 15 years. Pete is HIGH energy where Arthur slept 20 hours a day. Be careful what you wish for might apply here.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Recent pics of the pup. We were watching Igor (not so good) but there was a funny bit at the end with a pick of a robot dog. It is kind of uncanny:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis