KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Tell me why???

So, why does the flash turn dog eyes blue and people eyes red?

Matt34

Matt34

So, why does the flash turn dog eyes blue and people eyes red?
They have a reflective membrane in the back of their eyes which helps them see at night. Same thing as you see when you light up a Raccoon, dear or other critter at night with your headlights. Humans don't have this membrane that's why ours turn red.

You can get red reflections from animals as well if you angle the light correctly.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Here's Bailey on her first ride in my truck, coming home from the Breeder.

This didn't take long.

This year.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Anybody got a Jack Russell? Those and Beagles are my favorite dogs. Too bad I'm allergic to dog hair, thus I have a Parrot.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Anybody got a Jack Russell? Those and Beagles are my favorite dogs. Too bad I'm allergic to dog hair, thus I have a Parrot.
Jacks are great dogs - super smart. Rene's dad had one and she was awesome. Not too crazy about beagles.

Matt34

Matt34

Jacks are great dogs - super smart. Rene's dad had one and she was awesome. Not too crazy about beagles.
I watched my uncle's JRT tree a squirrel and sat at the base of the tree for over an hour waiting for it to come down. Crazy dogs.:D

They also use them in the Navy to search for contra-band on subs.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Whats your parrots name, Darien? (hoping for "Flip":D)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Whats your parrots name, Darien? (hoping for "Flip":D)
She's a Senegal. She has green wings and a yellow stomach, so she kind of looks like a Mango, thus her name is Mango. My wife named her. :rolleyes:

She did better with our last parrot, a Green-cheeked Conure. She named him Sean for the coolest actor ever, Sean Conure-y. :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'd like to see pictures of the parrot.
The only ones I can find right now are of her when she was a baby. This is when we went to the breeder to pick which of the 2 we wanted.

She's the one on the left. They're not as cute when they're babies though, unlike puppies.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
We dog sat my sons "puppy" ONYX for a couple of days. This is him saying -
"Please play with me! Please, Please, Please!!!!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
What kind of vocabulary do she have?
Just the usual stuff,

"Hey bird"

"Hey baby"

"Take a bath"

"Peek-a-boo"

Stuff like that. She imitates EVERY sound in the kitchen from the microwave to opening cabinet doors. The one that really cracks us up is when she says, "Stop it." I guess we say that to her a lot. She's always getting into something. :D

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Took him out yesterday. We can finally say Chowder is 100% healthy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats. My uncle's pup died from parvo a few years back. Very sad. Good to see Chowder is doing well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis