DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Has there been any ETA given for the next LS9 shipments? Interesting to see if there are any delays on any promised date considering the reason given to change cabinet makers was to speed up the process for those still waiting.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I think that Skiman was told to expect his rosewood 9's by or before 1/4/2010. He was supposed to help assemble his back in July, but they kept having to postpone assembly and then some time in August (while he was out of town for a few weeks) they lost or damaged at least one of his cabinets. The cabinets he's getting are now scheduled to be built by Lucid, I think.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I have never bought anything from them and after seeing all this on how they treat their customers I never will. There use to be a time when companies had great customer service I guess those days are gone,but what this company has done to all of you is beyond just bad customer service in some cases it was out right theft. Now I have read in some cases they try to make things right, but they send defective products to people who have paid full price and that have been waiting for months to get what they ordered.The guy who is running this company sounds like a con artist he tells lie after lie to these people who still don't have they ordered and what about those who asked for a refund some got it and most didn't that's stealing plain and simple. Sorry guys this dude is a crook, I am willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt once maybe twice but this guy has excuse after excuse after excuse. This guy seems to have nothing bad luck so if wasn't for bad luck he would have no luck at all. I wish all those who have been ripped off by this guy some form of justice.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
skiman's 1/4 date seems to have been carved in stone by mls. Who would bet on 1/4 or earlier vs later than 1/4? How much would you bet they are on time or ealier, or what kind of odds would you want?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Has there been any ETA given for the next LS9 shipments? Interesting to see if there are any delays on any promised date considering the reason given to change cabinet makers was to speed up the process for those still waiting.
I'm sure by now Ruben could've cranked out a couple of pairs but given Shifty's propensity for obfuscation, I can't help but think that problems making them in a timely fashion were not the root cause of Ruben becoming the ex-Master Cabinet Man.

Given 123's well publicized past problems and their current problems in delivering product that is not defective regardless of the price, this does not inspire people to pony up a minimum of $4,500 to $6,000 (plus shipping) and up for the LS-6 and LS-9 respectively. At least not enough people. I just don't see the demand being so strong that you can bring the economies of scale to bear.

Besides if Shifty is going to avoid prepays, then he's going to have to come up with some fairly serious cash up front, whether it's to Lucid, Ruben, Colombia, or China in order to get cabinet inventory. To that we have to add all the rest that's needed to make the speaker. Now, the LS-6 is said to come in 6 finishes while the LS-9 comes in 3 finishes. So, what's a reasonable number of speakers to have in stock to get the ball rolling? Let's say 8 of each finish? Well, that's 48 6's and 24 9's. Then, let's take a guess at his total cost for each. How's about $1500 and $2000 respectively. Well that means he'll have to come up with about $120,000 to get that going. I really don't think anyone in their right minds is going to make the cabinets, veneer them, sell the drivers and everything else to Mark without him coming up with the cash. Only a sucker would give Shifty favorable terms like in the good old days.

Now, if we're talking about fulfilling existing prepays, well that's still means he has to lay out the money seeing as he's already blown the prepays on God knows what. Again, where's the cash going to come from? Everything he has is selling comparatively inexpensively as he clears out inventory trying to generate cash to meet other pressing issues. Once that's gone, he's going to have to restock things and likely it'll come at higher costs to himself.

Therefore I see existing orders being fulfilled very, very slowly. If it were me, I'd sue him for my money.

I think that Skiman was told to expect his rosewood 9's by or before 1/4/2010. He was supposed to help assemble his back in July, but they kept having to postpone assembly and then some time in August (while he was out of town for a few weeks) they lost or damaged at least one of his cabinets. The cabinets he's getting are now scheduled to be built by Lucid, I think.
We'll see. Think Skiman will actually get a chance to see his prepay getting put together? I predict bad weather will get tossed in there somewhere as well as problems with the Rosewood veneer that will have to get reordered.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Only a sucker would give Shifty favorable terms like in the good old days.
Even in the good old days, it has been shown that some of them were suckers. Sorry to all current and former Schifty suppliers (or even customers) if that stirs some bad feelings, but you got to actively pursue what you are owed.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I whole heartedly agree Curtis. This passive approach that some have taken means you're going to have to wait for a real long time before your turn comes up. And, a lot can happen in a real long time. The outlook might be more optimistic if the products he's currently selling were not problematical, but enough are such that he can't realistically raise the price to increase profits because the issues don't warrant it. Even now, you're hearing about new amps that were doing alright just one day starting to hum. The costs to replace these things and deal with the other issuses are simply staggering.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Updated.

Still no check.:rolleyes:
All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth refund check. :mad: There is always hope, just look at Tiny Tim :rolleyes:

All the best worst....:rolleyes:

Back to reality, I hope you eventually get what you are owed and soon.

Edit: If a mod reads this can you edit the proper strikeout text tags in...Thanks

Last edited:
gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
The "charmer" list makes a very intriguing read for anyone who has followed the AV123 drama over the last few years.

J

JazzySmooth

Enthusiast
Bbb?

I'm curious why none of those owed money / products have filed a claim with the BBB? I realize that small claims court is impractical if you don't live in the Denver area, but the one time I complained to the BBB about a travel agency, they were instrumental in getting the credit card company to refund a large percentage of my monies. I also realize most affected in this debacle are beyond the time limit of their credit cards, but that doesn't mean you can't file a complaint.

http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/home-theater/av123-in-longmont-co-90099820

Edit - I just remembered the original poster (or his friend) did a deal direct with MLS, so I guess this won't help him. But perhaps someone else?

Last edited:
Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I'm curious why none of those owed money / products have filed a claim with the BBB? I realize that small claims court is impractical if you don't live in the Denver area, but the one time I complained to the BBB about a travel agency, they were instrumental in getting the credit card company to refund a large percentage of my monies. I also realize most affected in this debacle are beyond the time limit of their credit cards, but that doesn't mean you can't file a complaint.

http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/home-theater/av123-in-longmont-co-90099820
It's like when you where a kid and they told there was no Santa Claus part of you still wants to believe, it's the same thing here they had such a great rep in the pasted that a lot of people believe that they still come through now. I agree with you they need to start taking action now before it's to late.

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
Posted: 03-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I have been contacted by Mark and the issue is being resolved.

Please delete the thread.

Thanks,

Grantc79

Posted: 12-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Updated.

Still no check.:rolleyes:
Lucky this thread didn't get deleted!

Every person who has any non-resolved issue with him should send him/123 a daily reminder. An email would be good, a call would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis