DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not saying he doesn't get sick. It's just that I've spoken to at least two people who've had close associations with the organization spanning a great number of years. Going back to before there was an AV123. Perpetrated Technologies if you will. When MLS didn't want to deal with issues or he had something else on his plate or when he wanted to engender sympathy. there'd be meetings where everyone that had any chance of speaking to anybody outside of the organization was told what the story was. It might be sickness, maybe having to pick someone from China or India or Bumblephuck, entertaining guests, away here or there, etc. It's kind of like in the beginning of Ferris Beuhler's day off when he would talk to people over the phone and use his synthesizer piano to play sick sounds. Worked for Ferris.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Interestingly enough

In the thread concerning SilverBullet's travails with his MFW (link already provided), he's been informed that he'll be able to get his sub replaced. Now, compare his woes, which are legit, with those of Lhasa-Lover's where he's had far worse that's happened to him over a long stretch of time and has been stonewalled for months.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Didn't Lhasa-Lover once get promised a new sub, too? It seemed that the problem was actually getting the promised replacement, at least based on his posts.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Someone told me it was supposed to be around the end of this week, gonk. I hope it does happen quickly and that whatever he and SilverBullet receive are fully functional A-stock product like they paid for. I also trust that both will be proactive and check the screws on the driver as well as the sealant. This won't exonerate AV123 because there are a host of other issues be they product or money related that still need to be addressed but it'll be a start.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
While you're waiting

for your money, your RSL-II's, LS-6's or 9's, your screws, your cracked veneer, your refunds, your product, or just about anything, I know how difficult that must be. Verily I say unto you! Time passes slowly and I get that. Well here's a little something to help pass the time. It's a Shifty crossword puzzle. Print it out, send it to a friend whose also waiting, and have some fun. It'll help the time pass a little quicker and besides, you can test your Shifty knowledge. Stay tuned for more upcoming games in the future that you can play with your family as your wife looks at you and wonders 'What was he thinking?'. So, expect to see things like,

Clue - Shifty edition Was it Mr. Shifty in the hospital with the Mac computer and the PayPal account?
Trivial Pursuit - Bring on the raffles Test your knowledge.

Coming soon for the kids...Whack-A-Shifty Won't your kids or even you have fun playing this updated version of Whack-A-Mole as you try to whack Shifty in the attempts of getting your money back!

Crossword.jpg

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
This T-Shirt Is Bound To Be A Holiday Pleaser

And won't he be pleased with a thoughtful gift like this from someone special.

TShirt.jpg

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Gonk, I don't know if you noticed, but that thread you started some time back at 123 in the Enthusiasts Enclave which subsequently earned you a permanent ban no longer exists. Quite the pity I didn't think to save the webpages.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
My "Open for Interpretation" thread is gone? So it is! That happened recently, as I was looking at it just a week or so ago. I've got a PDF somewhere with the entire thread saved. I've also got my raffle thread (the one that really got me banned, I suspect) saved to PDF.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
While looking through my post history to see what had happened, I came across a humorous comment in this post:
You'll note that bans do not last here - (this thread has examples of that)...
Within two weeks of that post, they had issued permanent bans to at least three or four forum members.

For the sake of posterity, I've got PDF's of the open for interpretations and donations threads. Speaking of donations and raffles, anybody heard anything new on that front?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well, that's great that you do. It had such wonderful responses to questions. Like the importance of teamwork, moving forward, learning from past transgressions, and a few humbly bumblies. It was inspirational just like Rockne's speech or Churchill's. They all are you know and have given the courage to many that the candle of faith should continue to burn brightly in their hearts even though their wallets cannot afford to buy a candle. Like this for instance:

The important thing is to deliver... People have been here and seen what's going on - and they are really amazed at what we are building here now... I know I am...

DELIVERY is all that matters to these folks that have waited and/or been wronged - I plan on truly doing all that I can do to redeem myself and do so with my hand extended in apology... I've stated all of the reasons before - but in the end they are ALL about my own ego and stupidity in places... I've learned something (still learning daily) about all of this... I have some big hurdles in these coming weeks - and I plan on not falling down - but if I do - getting up and getting to that next hurdle...

There are a ton of new things going on here because once we come through the difficult part we MUST BE READY with the next products... This is what a company like this should be doing - and while I am honouring the past - I am also looking to the future...
I know many will take that hand extended in apology as the big fella crosses each hurdle bloodied but unbowed.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
While looking through my post history to see what had happened, I came across a humorous comment in this post:

Within two weeks of that post, they had issued permanent bans to at least three or four forum members.

For the sake of posterity, I've got PDF's of the open for interpretations and donations threads. Speaking of donations and raffles, anybody heard anything new on that front?
Regretfully no, gonk. With the exception of the Ballet thing which I posted some time back, whatever inquiries I made have not met with any responses other than an obligatory form type reply. Perhaps it's being acted upon or perhaps it's just gotten shoved aside as trivial in nature or who knows. I'd hoped for more interest but the tepidness and roboticized nature of replies was not especially encouraging.

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
I've learned something (still learning daily)
One would think that most don't need to learn the hard way that taking money from charity isn't a good thing to do.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This thread welcomes public resolutions to customer issues. Bring em'!. Has any resolutions occured lately other than what I recall 1 person receiving their LS9.

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
Still haven't gotten a replacement base...I asked about an exchange and I was told I'd have to pay for both to and from AV123! Ah geez...I called up and to see what I could work out with them. He said he would call me tomorrow with a solution...so here is hopeing.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
He's missing all of his port tubes (12) on one of the speakers however.

http://www.tweakcityaudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44700&postcount=794
Thanks, I did not know about those quality control issues with respect that customer whom my post referred too (1 person receiving LS9).

I read the remaining of that thread which brings up another thing that I find strange. The fact The Customer Service Issue and Needs posts on 123 forum need to approved by a moderator. This is absurb in my opinion. Any audio community that I know of wants to help fellow owners solve their problems, not try to censor it.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
He's missing all of his port tubes (12) on one of the speakers however.

http://www.tweakcityaudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44700&postcount=794
Well, that's one way to make sure the ports don't dislodge and come out of the box when they're shipped :D I wonder how they measure with and without the tubes though.

Still haven't gotten a replacement base...I asked about an exchange and I was told I'd have to pay for both to and from AV123! Ah geez...I called up and to see what I could work out with them. He said he would call me tomorrow with a solution...so here is hopeing.
This whole pay shipping here and there thing when there's a problem (buying b-stock gives you less rights than buying a-stock) takes the starch right out of potential savings. Was yours the one with the cracked corner or did the spike/foot not go into the threaded base.

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
Well, that's one way to make sure the ports don't dislodge and come out of the box when they're shipped :D I wonder how they measure with and without the tubes though.

This whole pay shipping here and there thing when there's a problem (buying b-stock gives you less rights than buying a-stock) takes the starch right out of potential savings. Was yours the one with the cracked corner or did the spike/foot not go into the threaded base.
Both ontop of scuffing and scratches which i fixed myself. Av123's reason to me for not paying shipping was the product was way below cost already. I don't see how that's my problem? But I maintained calm and asked them for a resolution.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Inflated shipping charges is one way 123 likes to recoup profit margins to unsuspected consumers. I would double check with the UPS rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis