DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
I understand that you were describing your experience, Zaluss and I'm not taking you to task for doing business with the outfit. As you said, you've followed a couple of other websites apart from 123 so you're likely well informed. You, like many others, are unfortunately experiencing what appears to me to be the steady decline in quality with respect to AV123 products let alone customer service. The price may be good (lower than what it used to be) but if what you bought is A-stock, given your descriptions and photos, there ought to be some sort of compensation from the company for delivering you stuff that isn't. It's just that it's so widespread across the product lines now like an epidemic. If AV123 is looking to right itself it's not going to be delivering product like you received. Was your card charged by AV123 or was it by MLS or The Graham COmpany?
I too was a bit surprised they didn't really offer anything except some advice on buffing out scratches. The best ID companies out there would have been falling all over themselves to get a replacement out yesterday. I understand the decision to live with it because they were dirt cheap and there weren't identical replacements available, but it seems like more and more this is the case with less than perfect goods.

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
It's unfortunate that it did happen. I contacted MLS directly and spoke with him about the issue. He asked me if I was the one who posted about the broken stand and gave me his sincere appology (from what I've read I guess that doesn't mean much.) I didn't complain to him but simply asked him for a replacemet base. That was a few days ago. In anycase I always dreamed of owning a pair of x statins...but now I don't think it's worth the risk.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I trust at the very least he agreed to ship you a replacement base although heaven knows if they have a supply of spares for all the various products they sell. People who've spoken with him have generally come away with the impression of deep sincerity, compassion, and the feeling that this is a special company since they were able to speak to the head honcho in charge. However, don't be beguiled by this facade. The goal of speaking to a customer directly rather than posting his apologies and solution(s) to your problem is related to damage control, the public avoidance of accountability, and to minimize the possibility that you'll return the product to AV123 which would be at their expense within the 30 day window. So, think carefully what you want to do. If you intend on keeping it, then post over at AV123 what your mutually agreed to solution was as well as the timeframe. This prevents MLS from 'forgetting' to some extent what was agreed upon.

As bad as shipping may've been, the condition of the inner box indicates that the damages and defects you observed were not a result of shipment to you. Rather, that's the way the speaker was originally packed and could've originated either at Longmont or where it was made. Best of luck to you and btw, how's that tube amp doing? Had it long?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Since mid August there's been something like 20 emails from specials@av123, there's always sth to celebrate with offers getting better and better, I don't stop subscribing to these as it's interesting to see how much they "oversell"....

Very disappointing, I made a few orders from AV123 a few years ago and was extremely happy with their service, the Av123 onix3 racks are absolutely great :-D

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Since mid August there's been something like 20 emails from specials@av123, there's always sth to celebrate with offers getting better and better, I don't stop subscribing to these as it's interesting to see how much they "oversell"....
Ironically, my Comcast e-mail account puts all of these "specials" e-mails into my spam folder. I don't have an e-mail rule set up to perform that function, it's just how Comcast handles it. :p

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Ironically, my Comcast e-mail account puts all of these "specials" e-mails into my spam folder. I don't have an e-mail rule set up to perform that function, it's just how Comcast handles it. :p
Then .... many comcast users considered av123 as spammers.....

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
I used to have an Onix SP3 a long time ago. I sold it when I was going through some financial issues. Luckily I found someone locally who had an Onix SP3 as well (he also had a a pair of X-Statiks which I haven't seen before. I was excited).

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This is the OP of this thread entitled I've had it up to here with AV123 (just in case the thread gets deleted)

Lhasa-lover said:
I've had it up to here with AV123

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you reading the other thread who have posted both positive and negative comments this will be my last post on this topic.

My patience is at an end. Nothing is worth this frustration. IMO the only thing worse than these subs is the customer service. New driver, new amp. broken grill, cracked veneer, loose and missing screws, horrible hum. Don't like it? Fine, pay to send it back, pay for us to ship you a new one. And you paid full retail for A stock that we are now selling for $200 less than you bought yours for? Too bad, so sorry.

So Mark apologizes and tells me, personally, that he wants to send me a new sub so I can see what the quality of AV123 really is. No conditions. He'll just send me a sub. Sounds good and I post that.

Then he "seems" to forget his personal promise and sends me emails about delays in shipping me my new amp. And it's not a miscommunication around words. He is mixed up. So I post my thoughts and he calls and tells me that it was poor communication between his employees and him. OK. Fine. Then he changes the rules and tells me he will still ship me a sub but hey, can I send the old one back? (now he adds conditions) He will put a return shipping label in with the new one and I can send the old one back at my convienience. Not the orginal deal but OK. That works for me.

Then he calls me irrate that I posted negative stuff about him and while he is angry, will send the sub.

Now I get an email from one of his employees that they are sending UPS to my home to pick up the old one and only when they get the old one back will they ship me a new one. WTF!! (more new added conditions) Now his promise is changed again. Funny thing is that the old sub isn't even at the address where they are sending the UPS guy. They didn't even bother checking with me first. It's in another state! (I have homes in both GA and NC) And Mark knew that because I told him personally that was the case. He even asked me what state to send the new one to. Yeah, the new one that I don't have, that got changed to an amp, then was blamed on his employees, then changed to me sending one back then changed to me sending mine back first, then UPS gets sent to the wrong address.

To hell with this. I'll spray the damn thing black, use it till it breaks, buy one from a reputable company and not look back. I'd never buy anything from these guys again. I've never seen a business run like this. It seems shady and fly by night to me.

When a man makes a personal promise to me, I expect it to be honored. When a man breaks a personal promise to me, he has no honor.

And that's my opinion, my experience, and all of you can post away but I'm not posting again. I'm simply done with it and done with them. The only thing more frustrating than trying to make their products work is trying to work with Mark.

And yes, this IS a rant.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Wow, Lhasa-lover is still having troubles? Didn't he have a thread going at AV123's forum about this sub at one time? If so, I can't find it or his user name anymore, but I thought I remember reading a thread in that forum started by him and specifically talking about his experiences with this MFW.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not sure if he'd started such a thread in the past, but he's made mention of his situation and frustration several times in different threads. There have even been times when MLS has also made posts (relating to different issues) so it's not like he's been unaware of his travails which are legion. At any time, MLS could have proactively reached out to see what could be done or extended an offer such as a full replacement. But then what of the scores of people who've also owned lemons where the screws aren't there, the grill blows off, veneer cracks and more? What would be their response had there been public acknowledgment that someone got a replacement sub for their many troubles?

J

just listening

Audioholic
i check this thread about once a month just to see where things stand. I don't own any AV123 products though I have suggested Rocket speakers to fellow parishioners at my church in the past. In reading over the last 15 pages of posts, I have noticed that it does seem to be driven by 3-5 individuals, which is fine, BTW. Freedom of speech is wonderful, especially when exercised properly.

My question is the same as one just previously posted: Where do things stand with the OP? What is the date of his last post. It doesn't help the occasional visitor to this thread if followup posts are not placed here. My experience on forums is that most individuals tend not to post when their problems are resolved if it takes more than week.

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
i check this thread about once a month just to see where things stand. I don't own any AV123 products though I have suggested Rocket speakers to fellow parishioners at my church in the past. In reading over the last 15 pages of posts, I have noticed that it does seem to be driven by 3-5 individuals, which is fine, BTW. Freedom of speech is wonderful, especially when exercised properly.

My question is the same as one just previously posted: Where do things stand with the OP? What is the date of his last post. It doesn't help the occasional visitor to this thread if followup posts are not placed here. My experience on forums is that most individuals tend not to post when their problems are resolved if it takes more than week.
I appreciate the interest and I would post more often if I ever received anything resembling results or something that looks like it might lead to some results. Unfortunately, all he has ever done is string me from month to month by stating that he will have the refund to me soon and then resets the dates. I've stated this before so I figured I need not post more often to simply state that he's still using the same delaying tactic.

Once I read about the "underfunding" of raffles I came to the realization that I'll most likely never see a dime back.

If anything ever changes I'll be sure to post it, but I'm not holding my breath.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Unfortunately this reply can't be posted at 123

http://forums.av123.com/showpost.php?p=744879&postcount=3
Mark L. Schifter said:
The MFW-15 is a really good product and we have thousands of units out there to do the talking for us/me...
Yup, some hum, some have cracks, some have flutters because of missing or stripped screws, some have bent power cords of differing gauges, some have bum drivers, some have nutserts that got dropped and became stuck to the magnet, some have grills that don't stay on, some have scratches, some don't work out of the box, some have phase controls that don't work, etc. They're talking alright, now why isn't he listening?

I'm not going to ruin this day for the many that have worked so hard for this company - but I will say this much...

This subwoofer is ALL THAT and then some - and while some serious mistakes have been made along the way - I'll let the product do the talking for us...
That many wouldn't include those that haven't been paid yet, would it? Hummmmmmmmmm...

There are people out there working very hard to hurt this company (and me personally)... I know EXACTLY who they are (even though they don't think so) and at the appropriate moment I'll surely have my say...
Look in the mirror and you'll know exactly who they are. The weakest link is MLS.

The MFW-15 will stand the test of time - and I know that in my heart...
Wouldn't be the same deeply emphatic heart that took all that money from the raffles, would it?

Have a good day...

Mark
It's coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
majorloser

majorloser

Yup, some hum, some have cracks, some have flutters because of missing or stripped screws, some have bent power cords of differing gauges, some have bum drivers, some have nutserts that got dropped and became stuck to the magnet, some have grills that don't stay on, some have scratches, some don't work out of the box, some have phase controls that don't work, etc. They're talking alright, now why isn't he listening?

That many wouldn't include those that haven't been paid yet, would it? Hummmmmmmmmm...

Look in the mirror and you'll know exactly who they are. The weakest link is MLS.

Wouldn't be the same deeply emphatic heart that took all that money from the raffles, would it?

It's coming.
Could you please post the link where the MLS quotes came from. I don't remember him posting that here.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I added the link in the post. In the future, please add the links to any quotations from other sites.
I have a team working on that and in time I'll have more to say on the matter...
I know I've made some mistakes like that but it wasn't my fault but as the poster I take full responsibility...
Next year will see some wonderful changes but only if my health holds up...

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
I have a team working on that and in time I'll have more to say on the matter...
I know I've made some mistakes like that but it wasn't my fault but as the poster I take full responsibility...
Priceless.

majorloser

majorloser

I'll take that as your aknowledgement and will expect future compliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis