Disallow Feedback In Steam Vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Some other “whores” on the other hand, tend to make me steer clear of the thread, like I’m trying to avoid an STD.:eek:
I know exactly what you mean. I would have read a lot more threads had their last post not been made by Lordoftherings ... and I mean a lot more threads ... threads whose number is like the grains of sand.

Well, it was only 33 posts in like a 9 hour period in the evening. That's him holding back. In a 6 hour period before that from midnight to 6:00 AM he jammed in 55 posts.

This must be tearing Nomo a new one. :eek:
I can't watch. :rolleyes:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I would have read a lot more threads had their last post not been made by Lordoftherings ...
I get the same feeling. And for the record he wore me out in July. I found a woman in august and she's easier to deal with.:D But it's like the old boyfriend comes back and I get that initial thrill again only to discover there was a reason we quit. :(

Is there a seriously a way to limit posts per day.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I know exactly what you mean. I would have read a lot more threads had their last post not been made by Lordoftherings ... and I mean a lot more threads ... threads whose number is like the grains of sand.

Well, it was only 33 posts in like a 9 hour period in the evening. That's him holding back. In a 6 hour period before that from midnight to 6:00 AM he jammed in 55 posts.

This must be tearing Nomo a new one. :eek:
I can't watch. :rolleyes:
I'm OK with it. :rolleyes:
Let's see how tonite goes. I just noticed: the carpet bombing has begun. ;)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
+1, and it's not something that can be remedied by putting him on the ignore list.

I vote for a 5 post per day limit placed on LOTR. And before he might complain about that, I'm pretty sure that number is significantly higher than my own average, and hey I'm a Ninja. Of course, I'd be perfectly fine with a 3 post limit, or even zero post limit.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
+1, and it's not something that can be remedied by putting him on the ignore list.

I vote for a 5 post per day limit placed on LOTR. And before he might complain about that, I'm pretty sure that number is significantly higher than my own average, and hey I'm a Ninja. Of course, I'd be perfectly fine with a 3 post limit, or even zero post limit.
I say we find him and cut his f^%&ing head off. :eek:

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
* http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59882

--> In particular, read the one for today (October 30).

~~~ Just want to help.
Don't get me wrong. You do help, sometimes.
My objection is to your habit of flitting around dropping numerous and ineffective post all over just for effect. Hence the term Carpet Bombing.

You obviously have a good deal of applicable knowledge.

You also obviously have an axe to grind. And having you grind it here is a problem for me.

majorloser

majorloser

LOTR's

Please enjoy this weekend in quiet reflection

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/L7jl3cC4tEM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/L7jl3cC4tEM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
J

jamie2112

Banned
Dave you did a solid for the team praise is in order...........:D:D:D
I didn't mind until he came back and bombed everything .......AGAIN.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Fixed. :D

Get off the crack ... berry. :)
whiffs:rolleyes: crackberry down.... Been lucky enough to get alot of programming thrown my way since sound advice passed away:).... Wish I could have been apart of the fun, but we all know he will be back......

someone PM me the dirt

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
we all know he will be back.....
I don't know that he'll be back. I think Dave did a fine job banning him. Maybe Bob thought all the feedback could be laughed off but this was a pretty public banning with several members and mods supporting this whole heartedly. It wasn't like an isolated case of him having a few too many and going off about what Tom Andry did in college that one time. :eek: :D

In response to the thread title I think we should make feedback in The Steam Vent count for double and if you like get a certain number of red chicklets in a week you get put on a weeks worth of probation where Clint has too approve each of your posts after he has been alerted to you having made one via one of those restaurant type beepers. :D

There's a lot more ideas where that one came from.
I'll let you guys know when I get another one. :)

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know that he'll be back. I think Dave did a fine job banning him. Maybe Bob thought all the feedback could be laughed off but this was a pretty public banning with several members and mods supporting this whole heartedly. It wasn't like an isolated case of him having a few too many and going off about what Tom Andry did in college that one time. :eek: :D

In response to the thread title I think we should make feedback in The Steam Vent count for double and if you like get a certain number of red chicklets in a week you get put on a weeks worth of probation where Clint has too approve each of your posts after he has been alerted to you having made one via one of those restaurant type beepers. :D

There's a lot more ideas where that one came from.
I'll let you guys know when I get another one. :)
The guy "Bob" (I have no doubt that was not his real name) was just TOO MUCH. I do think the guy will figure out a way back in here some how though. I hope not, but it seems highly probable. The most irritating part for me was seeing that moniker of his every where. It really disturbed me.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The guy "Bob" (I have no doubt that was not his real name) was just TOO MUCH. I do think the guy will figure out a way back in here some how though. I hope not, but it seems highly probable. The most irritating part for me was seeing that moniker of his every where. It really disturbed me.
He's probably a bored teenager. I know when I was a teen I terrorized chat rooms just for the fun of making people mad. I just hope he finds an online game. Mine was Everquest. It gave me enough to do to not be a royal PITA to mods Internet wide. Though I was still one to my parents.

I apologize for having to debrief in this forum, but this was the hardest week of my year and to have this guy come in and add to it was just too much. I debated leaving the forum because of his flooding. Alex even was getting pissed. Can his posts be deleted? I'd really prefer it. I don't want to see his name anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis