Disallow Feedback In Steam Vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Really, I've gotten red chicklets and others have as well for posting our opinions on non-A/V issues in there! I'm hot on some of my opinions but I can't believe that some people are so shallow as to be giving any feedback, positive or negative, on these forums for non-A/V related questions.

The Steam Vent is a place where people should avoid going if they aren't prepared to hear something they don't like. I think of 2 or 3 red chicklets I've received - half of them for opinions I left in the steam vent.

Others are getting them as well for their opinions.

Heck - I just saw that I got a red chicklet for complimenting someones system. Cripes.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
BMXTRIX said:
Really, I've gotten red chicklets and others have as well for posting our opinions on non-A/V issues in there! I'm hot on some of my opinions but I can't believe that some people are so shallow as to be giving any feedback, positive or negative, on these forums for non-A/V related questions.

The Steam Vent is a place where people should avoid going if they aren't prepared to hear something they don't like. I think of 2 or 3 red chicklets I've received - half of them for opinions I left in the steam vent.

Heck - I just saw that I got a red chicklet for complimenting someones system. Cripes.
Sounds like head hunting to me. Do you know who it is?

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
STRONGBADF1 said:
Sounds like head hunting to me.
I agree. Not that I'll ever know, but I am convinced that most of the negative chicklets given out are being done so by only one or two individuals.

STRONGBADF1 said:
Do you know who it is?
No member is able to see who left the chicklet (good or bad) unless the individual that left it declares themself in the comment which may accompany it. However, the Administrators are able to see who left them chicklets, regardless of whether or not a signature was left.

I'd be surprised if they couldn't also see who left chicklets for everyone else should they be so inclined to look...

What do you say Clint?

Regards

Buckle-meister

Clint DeBoer said:
I'd say you are all taking this way too seriously. :p
Oh, no doubt. But hey, seeing as we're in the Suggestions Forum anyway, here's one for you:

How about the Administrators 'name and shame' those who are leaving negative chicklets for no other reason than spite? And if you happen to be such a person reading this, didn't that just put a chill through your heart?!!!:D

Regards

Mayhem

Mayhem

Audioholic Intern
Not to be a complete n0b (or n00b), but where can the feedback be viewed? It seems every vbulletin installation puts the feedback in a different place.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Under Quick Links -> User Control Panel.

I normally don't even look at them, but I just did to make sure that is where they are to answer this question.

I see this comment 'Home Depot sucks..that's great advice if you want to build a roof'.

That's because I mentioned Home Depot as a place to buy component video wall plates. They stock Leviton products which are known to be of high quality and are often recommended here by some of the customer installers.
I bought the Leviton QuickPort and RJ-45 connector and it works flawlessly. What does building a roof have to do with audio/video wall plates? DUMB!

So we have an idiot that thinks just because they are sold at Home Depot and he/she apparently has something against HD, that it isn't good advice to tell someone to go there to buy them locally. I suppose it would be ok to buy them directly over the web from Leviton or PartsExpress or wherever but not from Home Depot. Yeah, and you shouldn't buy Levis jeans from Target when you can buy the exact same pair at JcPenny for $10 more.

The feedback ratings are worthless. If we are going to keep them, they should not be anonymous. I am sure that whoever left the feedback above knows little to nothing about audio and just felt like ranting about their feelings about Home Depot.

Mayhem

Mayhem

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for the pointer, I don't see the section, probably because I don't have any feedback.

Pretty funny story regarding Home Depot. I use Home Depot all the time for computer network stuff for work, it's closer and quicker than Fry's for things like cat5e cable, jacks, wallplates, etc. People at work give me grief as well, but I look at them and ask them if they would pay twice as much for a can of beans at a specialty market. After they think about it, they come around :)

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....I've given one red chicklet....about three months ago.....some newbie with 3 posts told a first-time poster his receiver was crap and used that word....that's not the opening "big splashes" I care for very much......

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I agree with everyone.

I leave my name after chicklets, or hint that it was me. I have only given 1 red, and it was to a condasending post. Thats it.

The main problem is, there is non-educated people here, who think they are educated. And when others disagree, they are the ones wrong, and the reds fly.

Get rid of the whole system, everything, I don't even know why there are post counts, other then competition, which isn't always a good idea in a forum, full of alpha-males. Maybe to show how new they are, but privateer has like 499 posts, and look at that guy:rolleyes:

It's in the webmasters hands, whether they will head are calls is uncertain.

Sheep

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
You guys are taking it to literal. I mean at first I cared, but found its more playful. So go ahead (11 posters above me) and leave me a red chicklet, with or without your name. Get it out of your system.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
BMXTRIX said:

I agree 100%!!
The steam vent should be off limits to chicklets of any color. The steam vent is where we come to say things we wouldn't (or shouldn't) say anywhere else on this forum. If nothing else maybe it would possibly prevent flaming in the other areas.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
And by the way... What the heck does a blueish..greyish..chicklet thing mean anyway? Is that good or bad? I've recieved two of them so far. No points related to them so I'm unclear of their purpose.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I think the bluish gray chicklets are 'neutral'. In other words, the person wanted to say something negative or irrelevant but didn't go all the way and choose a red.

Buckle-meister

MDS said:
I think the bluish gray chicklets are 'neutral'. In other words, the person wanted to say something negative or irrelevant but didn't go all the way and choose a red.
But how is that possible? When you go to give somebody a (always green in my case) chicklet, you can only choose positive or negative; there's nothing in-between.

Regards

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
The only thing I can think that it is is when you try to give some one a chicklet and get the message "you need to spread rep points around..." maybe this gives the blue ones..?

Buckle-meister

ironlung said:
No reds for me!:D
Count yourself lucky then. I got one for this. I mean, come on! I got a negative for apologising? Uh, so logically then, I should just be nasty to everyone?

Whoever you are:

G E T

A

L I F E

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis