cable 'break in' ...........

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
I thought their defense mechanisms would be somewhat more intricate.
It's really quite predictable, just the same old steady stream of logical fallacies and wishful thinking in an attempt to justify an unjustifiable position. Moving goal posts (your rig isn't resolving enough), ad homs (you're a troll), straw men (that Dave guy's hilarious projection of victimhood at the hands of those mean skeptics), etc.

Just look at the title of the thread. It begs the question (another logical fallacy) by assuming cable burn-in is real, and it's never even questioned by the lemmings that post there. Easy marks.

You should probably refrain from posting over there, unless you're trying to drum up business. Even with the best of intent, it's like teasing your dog with a laser pointer.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
What happens if you use your cable cooker before its properly broken in :eek:? I expect to see a cable cooker cooker for sale anytime now.

What if you broke it in too much? Do you have to send it back to the manufacturer for Cryo treatment?
Hopefully, it has a non-polarized plug on the power cord.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It's really quite predictable, just the same old steady stream of logical fallacies and wishful thinking in an attempt to justify an unjustifiable position. Moving goal posts (your rig isn't resolving enough), ad homs (you're a troll), straw men (that Dave guy's hilarious projection of victimhood at the hands of those mean skeptics), etc.

Just look at the title of the thread. It begs the question (another logical fallacy) by assuming cable burn-in is real, and it's never even questioned by the lemmings that post there. Easy marks.

You should probably refrain from posting over there, unless you're trying to drum up business. Even with the best of intent, it's like teasing your dog with a laser pointer.
It's just strange to me how easily people can be convinced of something without seeing any real evidence.

My sister-in-law is the sweetest person, but she is also naive and gullible to a fault. Kind of like these people. She sees a documentary about how great it is to be vegan, suddenly she's a vegan without even really having a clue how big a lifestyle change that it is (please don't get into vegan stuff, just trying to make a point). As soon as I started asking questions she quickly found out she didn't actually agree with anything they did or stood for.

One piece of advice I gave her that has served me well over the years is if you can't argue both sides of an argument successfully, you have not done enough research and should keep your mouth shut. The logic of "I don't need research, I believe it" doesn't work. You can't "believe" science. It is either correct, or it isn't.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
As soon as I started asking questions she quickly found out she didn't actually agree with anything they did or stood for.
AAaa, excuse me, she's nothing like those people.:D:D You take good care of her and treasure her. You wouldn't happen to have her number?:D

jinjuku

jinjuku

Cable burn in threads are nothing. You should see the threads where I've offered thousands of $$'s to anyone that can hear the difference between Ethernet cables.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Cable burn in threads are nothing. You should see the threads where I've offered thousands of $$'s to anyone that can hear the difference between Ethernet cables.
I don't even wanna know. Ethernet cables? What's next, the difference in how some carpet spikes sound (why do I have a feeling that already exists...)

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
Oh, link please!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I might join what's best since they're saying a lot of things unchecked, but I'm afraid davec might brainwash me too! I could feel his power while reading through his responses to Steve. Martyr much? One guy even said, the naysayers aren't interested in tuning their systems. Wtf is that?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Rather bang my head against the wall. At least I know the pain goes away when you stop, or soon afterwards.:D

They don't accept an SBT but a sighted test is valid for them. :rolleyes:
And on it goes.

I also think, don't have the tables anymore, that 400 trials is not enough for a 52%-53% correct guessing.
At such large trials I'd want a P=.01 or less.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Daaamn, this is a real medieval preconception; gilles13: "Since I use Mit cable it is easy To Hear if they are burned in. The stereo layering changes a lot . It is very strange, at the beginning the stereo layering show a singer at one place that you are not used to. After burning in the singer is at the right place and stay there."

It must be scary to live like this. Imagine one day you wake up and the singer is again somewhere else and now you have to figure out what did you do to anger your system and you must dig deep in the capacitors past and you learn that the cables were from another mother who gave up on them which led to phthisis after which they died and now they are wondering through the realm of stereo layering forever cursed.

highfigh

highfigh

Rather bang my head against the wall. At least I know the pain goes away when you stop, or soon afterwards.:D

They don't accept an SBT but a sighted test is valid for them. :rolleyes:
And on it goes.

I also think, don't have the tables anymore, that 400 trials is not enough for a 52%-53% correct guessing.
At such large trials I'd want a P=.01 or less.
I bang my head on the wall because it feels so good when I stop.

jinjuku

jinjuku

My turd wrestling days are done.
I think it's fun to to beat subjectivists mercilessly with the generic zip cord of logic and still watch them put their hands over their ears and go "I'm not listening, la la la"

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey, in all fairness I have met a guy with those MIT things with the box ... and maybe batteries or whatever, right? Seriously. His claim is something about the synergy of the system. It doesn't matter really. What does matter is that he designs and builds speakers that sound very good. Even in that, his ideas are strange. Something about an upward slope starting at like 12-14 kHz.

The other thing is that I admire his helpfulness in the DIY community. So what if his ideas are strange? Good guy and good sounding speakers.

My tolerance of ideas generally depends on what I think of the person, not the ideas themselves. The people I admire most stay out of these dead end threads.

... but tri-amping works. :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

Hey, in all fairness I have met a guy with those MIT things with the box ... and maybe batteries or whatever, right? Seriously. His claim is something about the synergy of the system. It doesn't matter really. What does matter is that he designs and builds speakers that sound very good. Even in that, his ideas are strange. Something about an upward slope starting at like 12-14 kHz.

The other thing is that I admire his helpfulness in the DIY community. So what if his ideas are strange? Good guy and good sounding speakers.

My tolerance of ideas generally depends on what I think of the person, not the ideas themselves. The people I admire most stay out of these dead end threads.

... but tri-amping works. :D
He would never have an argument from me as long as he's able to express the changes like you can with anything else when you are designing a cross over, changing transducer spacing, tweaking acoustic center alignment between transducers, changing the damping, the porting etc...

I've yet to meet an actual designer that supports the cable audiophoolery.

BTW MIT's aren't cables. Anything with a box of components in the middle is something else entirely.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis