Best male singing voice ever...who has it?!

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
Best male singer, The italian Andrea bochelli...It has a great voice and talent, im a big fan.

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
I can not believe I only heard Jeff Buckley mentioned twice on here, as an honorable mention, which is even more dis-heartening...

And someone actually rated Bill Corgan (of smashing pumpkins i presume) above and beyond MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN!!!

And not once did anyone mention that little 5' tall powerhouse with golden pipes by the name of Thom Yorke (Radiohead)!!!!!!!!

Jeff Buckley ( I should not even have to say anything more)
Thom Yorke
Maynard James Keenan (Some of the best vocal control and range ever displayed)
Robert Plant
Perry Ferrell

just to name a few...

How about Aaron Lewis of Staind... I hate to say it but growing up listening to him play in clubs and at our house parties I know from experience he can sing just as well as any of the above word for word, note for note... I have heard it!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
How about Aaron Lewis of Staind... I hate to say it but growing up listening to him play in clubs and at our house parties I know from experience he can sing just as well as any of the above word for word, note for note... I have heard it!
Yeah he's got a great rock voice. Problem is the songs are usually depressing. Daughtry is very good too, just overplayed. I think this topic is way too restricting.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Freddie Mercury

Everyone else is fighting for #2.
Well he's certainly great, but he's not alone. There are so many great rock voices that never get the chances he had. And with the direction of mainstream music I fear it will only get worse.

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
Yeah he's got a great rock voice. Problem is the songs are usually depressing. Daughtry is very good too, just overplayed. I think this topic is way too restricting.
Depressing yeah, and quite honestly I am not a big fan of his studio releases. But my point was I have heard him sing in a lot of small clubs with $%*# sound equipment and let me tell you that boy has got a voice on him! He can go from singing Maynard James to a TEE to doing Anthrax's "Bring The Noise" or Pantera's "This Love"... not to mention his own material!

And don't get me wrong, I am sure you have seen alot of cover bands in your day, but Aaron did not just cover a song, they owned it! It was really remarkable the capacity he displayed with his voice.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Depressing yeah, and quite honestly I am not a big fan of his studio releases. But my point was I have heard him sing in a lot of small clubs with $%*# sound equipment and let me tell you that boy has got a voice on him! He can go from singing Maynard James to a TEE to doing Anthrax's "Bring The Noise" or Pantera's "This Love"... not to mention his own material!

And don't get me wrong, I am sure you have seen alot of cover bands in your day, but Aaron did not just cover a song, they owned it! It was really remarkable the capacity he displayed with his voice.
The most impressive rock singer I've heard is the Gear Knight lead. To master Thai and English singing is truly remarkable. Justin Dillon Stephens is extremely impressive for what he's overcome. Plus he's a great lyricist.

I do like Staind. I just have to be in a sad mood to enjoy it. I use to own their albums when I was a more depressed person.

mikesd

mikesd

Enthusiast
It's even tough to name the best by era's, most of the greats have already been mentioned, but one of my all time favorites, Philip Bailey from the baddest band in the land EWF ;)

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
I almost forgot... and I can not believe I did

Jimmy Gnecco of OURS!!! (combine Thom York with Jeff Buckley)

A

AllenW

Enthusiast
My personal choice?...more than one each but I'd go with
Rock
Jay Black (Jay and the Americans)

R&B
Marvin Gaye

Add Country
Don Williams

I could add a dozen to each of these easily, been a few over the years.

Al

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
Need to add another... this is certainly going to roll on forever...

Chuck Prophet, no doubt... by far one of the greatest! What he lacks in technical vocal talent he makes up for in stage presence lyrical and song writing genus!!!!!!

Cheers...

P.S. If you have not heard him or the band look them up!

B

bellevegasj

Junior Audioholic
my brain says james taylor, my heart says eddie vedder.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Maynard is awesome, I own everything Tool made except Salival, out of print. :mad: Seen em twice live, will see them again if they come by.

I vote for Chris Cornell. This guy can do it all, he has a four octave range.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis