Best male singing voice ever...who has it?!

washburn

washburn

Audioholic
I also saw them 2x :)
I agree that CC is great, but he hardly equals his studio performances on stage...MKK still does it pretty well on stage, too...

S

SDRodrian

Audiophyte
Best Human Voice Ever...period.

Enrico Caruso.

If anyone doubt it. Merely listen.
You can download some of my favorites
in MP3 form from caruso[dot]sdrodrian[dot]com

SDR

J

jhog3411

Audiophyte
Maynard is awesome, I own everything Tool made except Salival, out of print. :mad: Seen em twice live, will see them again if they come by.

I vote for Chris Cornell. This guy can do it all, he has a four octave range.
I would say Maynard, hands down, for modern rock. I skipped out on seeing them last time around. I think the band has gotten stale and should hang it up. Definitely one of my favorite bands though.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It depends on the genre.. for rock, its a no contest...Robert Plant ruled the rock scene with a vocal range very few could surpass ( I can only think of Steve Tyler that may be able to sing higher) and power to both belt it out and yet maintain control.

fromdaytoday

fromdaytoday

Audiophyte
hmmm I'm scared how little Jeff Buckley is on this list - simply for his range and ability to hold notes (won't go into how soulful this white fellow is;)). If last goodbye is the only song you've heard by him, consider yourself in the dark.

What about Amos Lee kids? Joe Cocker?
Antony? Boy George?
Mick Hucknall (Simply Red)

Huge thumbs up for Chris Cornell, Axl Rose, Thom Yorke, Bono, George Michael, and Aaron Neville.

Oh and please stop picking on Steve Perry, he deserves the props - particularly for his live perfomances. (hold up your lighter worthy:p)

I

Isaac smith

Audiophyte
Best voice of all

Are you guys crazy? The best singing voice there is has to go to Brian Mcknight.. He song songs such as back at one, end of the road acapella, cherish.. I mean do I have to continue? Can you stand the rain as well.

D

donework

Audiophyte
Now i don't know about Rock I will leave that alone because i am not as into as that but for R&B going to have to say either John Legend or Marvin Gaye and i will stick with that

I

ifsixwasnin9

Junior Audioholic
Outside of Rock I think Frank Sinatra. I think John Denver had an incredible voice, perfect pitch although he had a different tone. I also think Klaus Meine is incredible with perfect pitch. He is the best Rock ballad singer, imo.

F

Faustblix

Audioholic Intern
Although I'm not crazy about A Perfect Circle, or Tool...

I've seen a Perfect Circle in concert, and Maynard did something that was more warped than anything I'd ever seen or experienced before. The whole outdoor show was moshing, and moving around, and he just hit this one note that shell shocked everyone. It wasn't anything wild like Rob Halford could do, but it was a flawless, heavy hitting tone, that made everyone stop in their tracks. Dead. Zombies! It was messed.

Personal favorites: Curtis Mayfield, Halford, Chino Moreno (Deftones).

Edmonton

Edmonton

Audioholic Intern

maynard, just went to my 3rd Tool concert last wednesday. so good live ;)

J

jimmyj

Audiophyte
male/female

for pop/rock male here is my list:
nat king cole
elvis
bing crosby
van morrison
smokey robinson
righteous brothers
al green