Best male singing voice ever...who has it?!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I still don't even really get what is going on... but it would be kinda sweet if this forum started a war between Macedonia and Greece over a cover-artist named Tose.
Greece eaten Macedonia in dispute previous encounter.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ummm, what? Are you trying to mimic the English skills of your earlier adversary?
Yes but I have to stop posting in this thread before I get another off topic smack down. See ya ... :D

L

lil_ms_whitt

Audiophyte
Best voice..

I definitely agree..Steve Perry does have a great voice! I also think that "Lou Gramm" from Foreigner, David Pack, from Ambrosia. Dennis DeYoung, from Styx. All of them are very good!

Then there is always the STYLE of a voice. Bryan Adams, Don Henley, Sting, Darryl Hall, of (Hall & Oates)
Their voices are.. incredibly mesmerizing, at least to me;)
I really love the voices that have that "raspy" tone!

E

erica140

Audiophyte
definitly this guy from my town has the best voice I have ever heard! His name is Kei I dont know his last name but you can hear him sing at myspace/keisofficial

he also has an amazing range I believe 6 octaves

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Best male singing voices- Tom Waits and Wild Man Fisher- hands down. Throw in Muddy, Howlin' Wolf and Elmore James, too.

ErnieM

ErnieM

Audioholic
What about the ladies?

Best male: Sinatra.

But, lest we ignore half the human race, allow me to put up this lady's name as best pop / R&B vocalist, whose voice I could listen to every day:

Dusty Springfield

Last edited by a moderator:
M

m_tyson

Enthusiast
Michael Hutchence.
Alright... we all love our bands with hip tunes and stuff, but when it comes to hearing the BEST singing male "voice" who do you think tops the list in ROCK and R&B categories??. This voice has to be the kind you would like to listen to again and again without getting tired. C'mon, put on your music hat and take a swing! ;)

Here's mine:
ROCK: For this one it's gotta be Steve Perry (HANDS DOWN!) :) , lead singer of Journey (one of my favs). Man, I think he's got that perfect singing voice for any rock song. He can sing any crappy song and it will sound golden to me! :D Close second is Freddie Mercury of Queen... another unbelievable voice. I don't think there is anyone that can take some notes as high has he does....phew! God Bless his soul.

R&B: There are a few in this category for me and its tough to name just one, but I would think Al Green is right up there. Some of his classics gives me goose bumps. Another guy is Aaron Neville... his voice has that healing touch!

Ryzer

Ryzer

Audiophyte
There are so many great singers, I don't think you can narrow it down to one. But I gotta go with Sinatra. There's a reason he had the nickname "The Voice."

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I can't believe that no one mentioned Brad Delp from Boston. I think it's one two between he and Steve Perry. I actually got to see Perry live with Journey during the Houston show that aired on MTV back in the early 80's. I bought the DVD of that very same concert a few years back and was absolutely floored at well he pulled those songs off - something that I hadn't remembered from seeing/hearing the original show. I remembered it being a real good show, but with the venue acoustics, and all. Unbelievable vocal dexterity live, which in my mind, gives him the edge over Delp as greatest rock vocalist. Freddie comes in a real close 3rd.

DJ

jinjuku

jinjuku

Max Bacon from GTR

Fell of the face of the earth (afaik) after GTR

S

Socialcircle

Enthusiast
JIm Reeves

I've always thought Jim Reeves had the best male singing voice I've ever heard.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Don't know if anyone suggested these yet, but Maynard J. Keenan of Tool, and maybe David L. Roth, Freddie Mercury, and Brad Delp for the rock genre. Maybe Ozzy sounded good too, before his brain turned into too much mush, but it's hard to tell.

But I will say, that my all time favorite male singer is Ronnie James Dio. Not one other person alive can compete with his strange vocal style.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Max Bacon from GTR

Fell of the face of the earth (afaik) after GTR
I'm sorry, but anyone who does the "Ringwald" during their video performance is automatically disqualified.

DJ

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis