• iBOOK 14" 1 GHz CD-RW (40 GB).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iBOOK 14" 1.2 GHz DVD-RW (60 GB).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
jazz.by.the.bay

jazz.by.the.bay

Enthusiast
Apple *5 Mac v. *4 powerbook v. *4 iBook.

brontobyte.1024 said:
Oh that will fine enough.

But suppose i have a prob with only one of the softwares, will those DVDs help me then?
hello.
i know you guys have been talking about the iBook and the powerbook, but can you also take a look at this thread.
http://www.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5315

i have been interested in knowing the variance in the Apple *5 Mac v. *4 powerbook v. *4 iBook.

I dont even mind if i am enlightened on this topic at this place, i mean on this thread.

thanks.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
brontobyte.1024 said:
But suppose i have a prob with only one of the softwares, will those DVDs help me then?
To be honest, I don't know how flexible the software restore discs can be because I've never had to use them.

brontobyte.1024

brontobyte.1024

Junior Audioholic
Actually True

djoxygen said:
To be honest, I don't know how flexible the software restore discs can be because I've never had to use them.
Hey dj,
i was just wondering over this question.
now see, the iBook 14" has a 1.33GHz PowerPC *4 processor (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70403/wo/NW70AqBYStq624*7U3B6Hzbswvr/0.0.9.1.0.6.21.1.1.1.0.0.0.1.0), and the powerbook 15" has the same 1.33GHz PowerPC *4 processor (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70403/wo/NW70AqBYStq624*7U3B6Hzbswvr/0.0.9.1.0.6.21.1.1.1.1.0.0.1.0).

Leaving other accessories, am I correct in saying that both have the same power, the clock speed etc.

Dont consider anything else.

So, my question is (again not considering other features), how is an iBook different from the powerbook, and the hence the raised price?

I know, my considerations definitely remove a great barrier, but still then, can u try giving it a shot.

I will wait.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
brontobyte.1024 said:
So, my question is (again not considering other features), how is an iBook different from the powerbook, and the hence the raised price?
Go back and reread this whole thread. Nothing has changed but the CPU clock speed. Every other feature/advantage/disadvantage stands.

brontobyte.1024

brontobyte.1024

Junior Audioholic
djoxygen said:
Nothing has changed but the CPU clock speed. Every other feature/advantage/disadvantage stands.
Yeah, i read it, and i remember every bit of what u said.
i am so clarified abt each and every thing u said.

F

forcedinduction

Audiophyte
The powerbooks have a much better display and faster video card. Personally for the $ I would buy an iBook.
blw

jazz.by.the.bay

jazz.by.the.bay

Enthusiast
Answers

forcedinduction said:
The powerbooks have a much better display and faster video card. Personally for the $ I would buy an iBook.
blw
Hello people.
I did finally have the time to go through the entire thread, and I think the answer to my querry is solved substantially.

jazz.by.the.bay

jazz.by.the.bay

Enthusiast
The new Apple prices for the iBook and PB are not effective round the globe.
Its only in the US and some other specific countries.
Just wanted you people to know.

brontobyte.1024

brontobyte.1024

Junior Audioholic
Hey, my work place is Wi-Fi now.
All the more a better reason for me to get the Airport Extreme Built-in iBook.
And it was only the recent upgradadation by which Apple gave all its iBooks and powerbooks Airport Extreme Built-in. (Earlier it was only Airport Extreme Ready)

brontobyte.1024

brontobyte.1024

Junior Audioholic
jazz.by.the.bay said:
The new Apple prices for the iBook and PB are not effective round the globe.
Its only in the US and some other specific countries.
Just wanted you people to know.
Yeah thaz why it hasnt yet come to India i guess.
But I so much this comes to India sooner.

jazz.by.the.bay

jazz.by.the.bay

Enthusiast
speakers

djoxygen said:
hello, can u plz tell me what speakers do the IB and PB use?
and how good are they?
is it small and effective?

brontobyte.1024

brontobyte.1024

Junior Audioholic
jazz.by.the.bay said:
hello, can u plz tell me what speakers do the IB and PB use?
and how good are they?
is it small and effective?
hey good point.
and in case they r not good enough, can i change or replace them.
or will the cost shoot up greatly.
or is this not possible at all.

jazz.by.the.bay

jazz.by.the.bay

Enthusiast
brontobyte.1024 said:
hey good point.
and in case they r not good enough, can i change or replace them.
or will the cost shoot up greatly.
or is this not possible at all.
hey somebody told me they are one thing that cannot be changed.
Like it or not, u have to take it.
I dunno if it is true .

brontobyte.1024

brontobyte.1024

Junior Audioholic
jazz.by.the.bay said:
hey somebody told me they are one thing that cannot be changed.
Like it or not, u have to take it.
I dunno if it is true .

yeah, someone told me, its JBL speakers.

jazz.by.the.bay

jazz.by.the.bay

Enthusiast
brontobyte.1024 said:
yeah, someone told me, its JBL speakers.

i dont know.
a third guy needs to speak.
anybody there?

speakers in iBOOK?

brontobyte.1024

brontobyte.1024

Junior Audioholic
jazz.by.the.bay said:
i dont know.
a third guy needs to speak.
anybody there?
speakers in iBOOK?

doesnt really matter.
does it?

and either ways, we dont have an answer, if we should cchange it or can we at all change it?

brontobyte.1024

brontobyte.1024

Junior Audioholic
Firewire & Blue Tooth

djoxygen said:
Hey dj,
Whats the difference between a Bluetooth, and a Firewire 400 or 400 x 800?

What exactly do these numbers denote? (400, 800 etc)

Coz I have ordered for a Bluetooth as an additional hardware, but i think Apple Inc says they already give me Firewire 400.

Are they the same things?

jazz.by.the.bay

jazz.by.the.bay

Enthusiast
brontobyte.1024 said:
Hey dj,
Whats the difference between a Bluetooth, and a Firewire 400 or 400 x 800?

What exactly do these numbers denote? (400, 800 etc)

Coz I have ordered for a Bluetooth as an additional hardware, but i think Apple Inc says they already give me Firewire 400.

Are they the same things?
See this link or read this below: http://developer.apple.com/firewire/

FireWire is one of the fastest peripheral standards ever developed, which makes it great for use with multimedia peripherals such as digital video cameras and other high-speed devices like the latest hard disk drives and printers.

FireWire is integrated into Power Macs, iMacs, eMacs, PowerBooks, iBooks, and the iPod. FireWire ports were also integrated into many other computer products dating back to the Power Macintosh G3 "Blue & White" computers. All these machines include FireWire ports that operate at up to 400 megabits per second and the latest machines include FireWire ports that support 1394b and operate at up to 800 megabits per second.

FireWire is a cross-platform implementation of the high-speed serial data bus -- defined by the IEEE 1394-1995, IEEE 1394a-2000, and IEEE 1394b standards -- that can move large amounts of data between computers and peripheral devices. It features simplified cabling, hot swapping, and transfer speeds of up to 800 megabits per second (on machines that support 1394b).

Major manufacturers of multimedia devices have been adopting the FireWire technology, and for good reason. FireWire speeds up the movement of multimedia data and large files and enables easy connection of digital consumer products -- including digital camcorders, digital video tapes, digital video disks, set-top boxes, and music systems -- directly to a personal computer.

In fact, Apple's FireWire technology was honored by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, receiving a 2001 Primetime Emmy Engineering Award for FireWire's impact on the television industry.

brontobyte.1024

brontobyte.1024

Junior Audioholic
jazz.by.the.bay said:
See this link or read this below: http://developer.apple.com/firewire/
FireWire is a cross-platform implementation of the high-speed serial data bus -- defined by the IEEE 1394-1995, IEEE 1394a-2000, and IEEE 1394b standards -- that can move large amounts of data between computers and peripheral devices. It features simplified cabling, hot swapping, and transfer speeds of up to 800 megabits per second (on machines that support 1394b).
saw this, but cudnt really understand.
does this mean that i can transfer data from one notebook to another, even if the other is not from Apple?

And what about the Bluetooth?

jazz.by.the.bay

jazz.by.the.bay

Enthusiast
brontobyte.1024 said:
saw this, but cudnt really understand.
does this mean that i can transfer data from one notebook to another, even if the other is not from Apple?

And what about the Bluetooth?

though i dont really know abt bluetooth, but i guess its the same as Firewire.
make a google search for bluetooth.

i think i know it, but i am not sure abt it. Bluetooth helps you transfer pics etc from your cellphone to your iBook.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis