Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just contacted the delivery service with their online system. Hopefully I'll find out soon what the deal is.

Also, Best Buy is supposed to call today to schedule delivery of the stand tomorrow. Haven't heard from them, either.

It just might be time to start drinking.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, Pilot Freight Services just informed me that they subcontracted the job to a local moving company, and they aren't answering the phone. Guaranteed delivery...yeah, right.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Thanks, Scott! Alex got me all hooked up with that last week. I've got the video...just no TV.
well isnt alex just the bomb:rolleyes::p see how much i pay attention when i reduce my alcohol consumption:confused:

alexs'day job, such the helper:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, Alex is the man. Well, one of them. :)

I just contact Amazon and let them know that the delivery service didn't fulfill their contract. At least Amazon should get their money back, and maybe they'll give me something as compensation. They are only obligated to refund my shipping cost, but it was free shipping...so I'll see what they decide.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
O Panny, Panny, wherefore art thou Panny?
I'm starting to get mad, now.
AAARRRRRGGGG!!! :mad:
Man, you sound like your crack dealer is late. :eek:

I think it's great that you have both Avia and DVE. I have the Avia II. I finally broke down and bought it just for our plasma. Before I had some cheesy calibration disc for our previous 32" Protron LCD. It got the LCD pretty close to where the Avia II finally put it and in that state it looked better than the Panny right out of the box. However the Panny once calibrated really was the next level.

The cool thing was that since I don't have a dog I could put my TV on the floor for break-in. My DVD player had an HDMI cable going to the Panny on the floor and component video cables going to the 32" Protron so I got to watch The Fifth Element on both displays. It was better on the plasma.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ew, The Fifth Element. Thanks for reminding me! I bet that looks fantastic on the plasma.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Those sons of ..............wheres the damn tv...........delivery guarenteed huh?Bastards....:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
So no freakin TV today? That sucks and is why I am willing to pay more for local stuff.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So no freakin TV today? That sucks and is why I am willing to pay more for local stuff.
Thanks, man. On the flip side, Best Buy is about a mile or two away, and I'm not convinced that I'm going to get my stand from them tomorrow as scheduled (because they haven't called to set a time).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, BB called while I was out walking the pooch just now. They're scheduled to come by tomorrow morning. Woohoo! That was a nice pick-me-up to get that call.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Do you get a discount now that Amazon missed their delivery date?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Do you get a discount now that Amazon missed their delivery date?
I e-mailed them, and I'll see what they say. They are only obligated to refund the cost of my free delivery...so, they owe me nothing. Smart on their part. Charge a bit more, call it free delivery, and then say that they'll refund the cost of shipping if it's late.

When I e-mailed them, the point of the contact was to inform them that they should get a refund for themselves from the shipping company. The shipping company states that they guarantee delivery by 5pm on the fifth business day (which was today) or the cost of shipping is refunded. Well, they didn't fulfill their end of the bargain, so Amazon shouldn't have to pay.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Well,.... I was out walking the pooch just now.
It was probably delivered to the back door, while you were out walking the dog. :)..... It could happen.
I'll bet you get it today.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Perhaps I should have ordered the TV from Best Buy. A lesson learned. They delivered the stand this morning, were very courteous and quick, and they put the box where I wanted it. Oh, yeah - and they arrived on the day that they said they would (and it wasn't even guaranteed)! The said that they'd show up between 8:30 and 10:30, and they were here at 8:50.

I still haven't heard from the moving company that, in theory, has my TV. This isn't a cut against Amazon - they shipped the TV the same day that I ordered it and used the level of service that the shipping company guaranteed would have it to me by yesterday. I haven't heard back from Amazon, yet (which is suprising), but I bet that they make it right.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis