STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The TV is supposed to be delivered on Friday, with the stand coming on Saturday.

I'm not very excited, yet. I will be very excited on Thursday night, though!

What do you plan on doing as far as calibration? (BTW, I'm still upset.;))

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What do you plan on doing as far as calibration?
Good question. I suppose that I was going to cross that bridge when I came to it. I have two different calibration DVDs (Digital Video Essentials and Avia), and I was going to go through those.

Any suggestions?

(Sorry that you're still upset. :))

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You know you're gonna need help with that, right? Once I had mine on the pedestal (with help) I could move it around but I am a beast. I doubt you will be able to (no offense ;) :) :p). IMO you need two normal people to unpack it and move it around.

Wait until you see this thing in your house. It's different in BB where the room is huge and there are other similar TV's everywhere. You should be quiet content staring at it like a deer into headlights while it breaks in. In your house it will appear ginourmous.

If you weep for joy it's cool ... just don't tell Dave ... or anybody else for that matter.

I would set it up on the floor for break-in.
That way break-in is under way while you wait for and assemble the stand. ;)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I held my plasma up with one hand and mounted the wall mount with the other but I pretty much have the strength of 10 men....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'll nurse my hernia while sitting in my chair, staring at the 50" plasma...that's in pieces on the floor after my spine snapped and I dropped it through the three glass shelves of my new stand.

I'm going to see if I need help with this bad boy or not. It's about 80 pounds, which I know that I can lift for a little while at a time. It's the dimensions that might be a problem. If I can't get a grip, then I'll need to have someone come over to help.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As for breaking it in on the floor...hmmm. That might lead to breaking it. Remember, I have a pooch. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think I hear a truck............
Me, too. It was the garbage truck, though. :( :D

My neighbors will hear three trucks. The first will be the TV being delivered. The second will be the stand being delivered. The third will be the fire truck (they respond to health emergencies before the ambulance because they are a block away).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Should I be nervous that the e-mail from Amazon said that the delivery service would contact me to set up a delivery time once they had the TV, but I haven't gotten any calls?

Granted, Amazon guaranteed delivery today...and they'll refund the shipping cost if it isn't delivered today...but it was free delivery.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The city has decided that today is the day to resurface the street out front of my house. So, (a) there are truck sounds all over that are constantly putting me on high alert, and (b) that might impede the delivery truck.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I heard a large truck stop out front, and strangely...it was a fire truck. Right in front of my house. I guess the news is out and they are just standing by. I admire the initiative.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis