Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh c'mon. I'm sure you can snag an 83/83SE/93 for a good price. Come to the dark side. We play mkv files :p
My Sony plays MKV files, too. :) It's just locking up when they have DTS-HD MA. Works great except for those files. Might be a way around it - I just started trying to do it today. I'm streaming right now with DTS-HD MA and it's working great...except that I can't fast forward or skip chapters.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My Sony BDP-S3100 is a real nice player, but it's freezing up when I try to play MKV files with DTS-HD MA audio tracks. I looked briefly online, and it appears to be a known issue with Sony players. Dang. I was really looking forward to some glorious 7.1 audio. I can stream it from PS3 Media Server, but navigation is easier if I have the files on a USB connected to the Sony.

My HomeWorX HW-150PVR can also play MKV files, but I haven't figured out how to play 7.1 from it (if it's even possible).
I warn everyone about Sony in general, now you know why.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Why don't you call Sony C/S, then tell us how useful that is? :D
Why would I call them? I'm not that bored. :D I see it this way - it already does more than I expected, so I'm happy. The fact that it can't do something that I want doesn't make it junk. Sony didn't (to the best of my knowledge) advertise that it can do it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis