DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Chu Gai,

I have a question if you don't mind. When you verified the raffle donations (or lack thereof) did you specify the donation under one name (Perpetual Technologies) or did you ask if a donation was given by any of a series of names (MLS, AV123, Perpetual Tech, The Graham Co, Suzanne Johnson, Lynn, etc)?

Based off of your comments regarding the Red Cross and the Katrina raffles it sounds like you did, and you are usually very diligent, but I just wanted to verify for the sake of completeness.

Thank you.
I'll post the full email exchanges (redacted) later this morning. Another person, independent of me is also making local inquiries.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
The person who did the legwork on my behalf states that the initial inquiry was done by going to Ballet Nouveau's website (www.bncdance.com) and using the Contact option to fill out a form. The form did not result in a copy sent to the inquirer nor did they think to save a copy of either the webpage or the actual message. They believe they only asked about MLS, his wife, and AV123/Perpetual Technologies. Neither Graham Company nor Suzanne Johnson were part of the initial inquiry they recall. This oversight if you will, did not occur in correspondence with the American Red Cross (national) or with the local Colorado branch.

The Graham Company was a way for MLS to 'bypass' AV123 if you will and sell electronics which were typically bundled with speaker purchases. The electronics were bought from a distributor and through back door maneuvers, the distributor handled any warranty issues. IOW, the electronics could not be serviced at places that handled authorized purchases since the Graham Company was by and large, not an authorized seller of products like Kenwood, H/K, Panamax and whatever else they carried. My understanding is this was quite profitable. I first read of them being mentioned in March, 2006 (http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13301)

Please see, http://www.bncdance.com/in-kind-contributions/ for an explanation of what in-kind contributions are.

Received: Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:36 PM
To: ******
Subject: RE: Inquiry about AV 123

Hi ******,

I looked through our records and we received a donation of $7,500 from Perpetual Technologies in November 2005. It looks like that is the only cash contribution we received over the years, in addition to some in kind contributions for our annual silent auction.

Thank you for your patience while I researched this,

Amanda

Amanda Young Stewart

Development Director

BNC | ballet nouveau colorado

3001 Industrial Lane, #12

Broomfield, Colorado 80020

Phone: 303.466.5685

Fax: 303.466.3776

Email: astewart@bncdance.com

Web: www.bncdance.com

Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 11:15 AM
To: Amanda Stewart
Subject: RE: Inquiry about AV 123

Thank you Amanda for responding. If I were to give you a particular date or two as well as approximate amounts is that something that is within your ability to verify?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 4:56 PM
To: ******
Subject: Inquiry about AV 123

Hi ******,

I received your inquiry about donations from AV 123 / Perpetual Technologies. Yes, we know Mark and his company, and yes, we have received donations from them over the years.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Amanda

Amanda Young Stewart

Development Director

BNC | ballet nouveau colorado

3001 Industrial Lane, #12

Broomfield, Colorado 80020

Phone: 303.466.5685

Fax: 303.466.3776

Email: astewart@bncdance.com

Web: www.bncdance.com

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
I personally met Mark in Oct. 2005 at a GTG in Austin, TX. He was planning on purchasing a new Ferrari and invited me to ride with him from California to Colorado when he picked it up in March/April 2006. Not sure if he ever got the Ferrari.
So you never got the ride from California to Colorado? ;)

I'm sure he had or preferred having a hot lady in the passenger side :D

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Btw,

All Mark has to do to refute any of this is to contact this woman, Amanda, provide her with documentation that she can then cross reference, and then she can email Mark back confirming the dates and amounts. It doesn't get any simpler than that. While I'm waiting for Red Cross replies, I think I'll pick another organization. There must be one out there that got all the money.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
All Mark has to do to refute any of this is to contact this woman, Amanda, provide her with documentation that she can then cross reference, and then she can email Mark back confirming the dates and amounts. It doesn't get any simpler than that. While I'm waiting for Red Cross replies, I think I'll pick another organization. There must be one out there that got all the money.
Excellent point. If he can refute this that all raffle funds where received by the ballet company that would help his cause tremendously. And if the information comes from the ballet company it is all more credible. This would be the time for him to step up.

D

david-me

Audioholic Intern
I just realized I had a post deleted on the av123 forums...
In the "Open for interpretation" thread about censorship none-the-less.

:confused::eek::(

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic

Django had one deleted, too. I don't think they liked the links to this thread, even though django's was directly on-topic (since Jess commented a couple times about posts made about him in this thread as an example of personal attacks).

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Here's what django1 posted:
Jess Quintana said:
Gonk,

I agree with you on most of this. I did, however, get ripped by Mr. Gai on the AH thread for my thoughts.

But it's OK, I even agreed with him on some points, but his style is to crush anyone who he doesn't think is on board with him.
Here's a link to the thread. That way people can decide for themselves if he "crushed" you... http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53755
David-me added the following:
django1 said:
Here's a link to the thread. That way people can decide for themselves if he "crushed" you... http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53755
brave of you posting that link
Both posts have now been removed.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
That's all he's ever had to do, Minus. Each raffle as it's investigated and the proceeds are found to be either shorted or not donated at all, resound with a devastating effect and paint an entirely different picture of the man that's in stark contrast to his public persona. Dare I say anyone who works for him in full knowledge of these misdeeds, their ever increasing number, the widening time line, can rightfully speculate how the stain affects them.

As it stands now, Mark Schifter has preyed upon and violated the trust of a colleague in the audio world whose father was dying of cancer - David Fabrikant. He's preyed upon and violated the exploited the trust of Derek Wayland and his daughter who struggled and continues to struggle through quite serious medical problems. Can you imagine that family worrying about how they'll be able to pay medical bills as their daughter's life and future prognosis may hinge upon that? Imagine the relief they experience when they hear a large amount of money is coming from a man who is sympathetic to their plight and then finding out only a small amount arrived and it was late? He has violated the trust of a man named Hugh, a close friend whose best friend in the world was dying and subsequently died of cancer. Not a penny. He has violated and exploited the Ballet company his granddaughter dances for. $1 for them. $3 for him.

Colleagues, friends and family have been used as lures. Who is left? Sworn enemies of the United States?

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic

You're more confused than you thought. I'm told that you deleted your own post this morning. So did django1. :confused:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
You're more confused than you thought. I'm told that you deleted your own post this morning. So did django1. :confused:
People doing things through thought control and having no memory of doing it? Why, that's them thar aliens I tell you!

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Chu, any chance you can get your hands on some Rockets and put a review together? I'd like to see you enter the contest over at av123...

W

wesley63

Junior Audioholic
The two deleted posts were the ones with links to this thread on AH. Lots of forums will delete or stop links to other sites. Of course, AV123 never was one to do that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis