Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
As much as it irritates me about Amazon constantly and consistently missing the guaranteed delivery dates due to USPS's gross incompetence, at this rate I'll have an entire free year. Amazon policy allows for them to extend a prime members membership 1 month for every missed delivery. Semi-excellent news for me.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
As much as it irritates me about Amazon constantly and consistently missing the guaranteed delivery dates due to USPS's gross incompetence, at this rate I'll have an entire free year. Amazon policy allows for them to extend a prime members membership 1 month for every missed delivery. Semi-excellent news for me.
Location location location... it's not uncommon for us to receive amazon prime deliveries a day early.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I actually had USPS as a client for the device they use for Amazon tracking and you have no idea how incompetent they really are as an organization. It amazes me that any of us get our mail at all, much less on time.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Really? How do you invoke that clause? Happens to us all the time.
I do the chat option instead of a phone call so I have everything in writing. I got an employee to say in a chat that, that is Amazon's policy towards missing a guaranteed delivery date. I have that saved, but have never had to use it.

More to the point, if you call or chat you should be able to just say the shipment is late, it has missed the guaranteed delivery date and per Amazon's policy I would like to have a month added onto my prime membership. They'll ask for the order number and make sure it is really late and then get approval, but in the end you'll end up with an extra month. I've invoked this as early as 8:15PM when the delivery is supposed to have occurred at 8:00PM. It has always worked for me.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hey, big guy. Good to hear from you again. Not a whole lot here worth mentioning. The expected political mushmouth stuff. Oh... MarkW was banned for life! Lost a good conservative ally, but I gotta admit he could get a bit aggressive. I miss reading his stuff... and yours.

Glad you got the oky doky for a nice system over there. You remind me of my late grandfather. Money to burn, yet very frugal spending in many ways.

Surprisingly little significant audio stuff or news since you left. Perhaps there is and I'm just not paying attention because I have what I want... but I don't think so. In fact, sometimes it's pretty slow here. Seems like a lull in the audio world.

Hope you enjoy the holidays!!!
Hey Bud, yah I feel the same way not much going on in the audio world, WHAT HAPPENED TO emotiva, I visited their sight the other day to see what black fri was stirring up and they are a shadow of their former self, lol... My emo stuff is still kicking, but admittedly not used much these days.

I just bought a wd jade center channel from music direct, I was waiting for them to come down from $1100, lol so I could make my jade 5 towers into an HT setup, and when I was poing around I noticed they were $499, so I bought one, then MD sends me an email saying this..

Thank you for your order with Music Direct, Irvin. I am emailing to let you know that you still had an open store credit of $100.00 from 2012 available for use on your customer account!

Therefore, I have applied this open credit to your recently submitted order for the Wharfedale - Jade C1 (Black Oak). This brings the total on your order to $399.00. This order is currently processing.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Thank you
Seth Webb
Customer Service

That was a nice surprise, I have not a clue what the $100 credit was from, but I'll take it. I have bought stuff from them since 2012 too, wonder why its never been mentioned before? I tried to look it up but I have bought so much from there and it was so long ago I have no idea..

I remember Mark, I think he and I got into it once or twice too lol, but I have yet to be banned for life so it must have gotten fun...
BUT anyway, nice to hear from you my holidays are going well so far and I hope yours and everyone elses are doing the same...

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I actually had USPS as a client for the device they use for Amazon tracking and you have no idea how incompetent they really are as an organization. It amazes me that any of us get our mail at all, much less on time.
Apparently, even though I've directed USPS to leave my packages at my apartment building, they still won't deliver all my packages. I just got a notice today that they "Attempted delivery, but the package is oversized or would not fit in the box." In layman's terms, they either didn't have enough room on the truck, wouldn't make two trips, or just didn't feel like lugging that box to my apartment. Needless to say that Amazon will be hearing from me again today to lodge yet another complaint with their use of USPS for this area.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Salk and Philharmonic Audio would be my first stops. They have beautiful finishes and great speakers.
I have the entire shipping issue, I try not to ship anything to the villa in Italy, 1 because if I am shipping it here I am not there to receive it, 2 ITS EXPENSIVE, and 3 we are averaging 70% of all items shipped either lost or damaged in some way, lol..

Plus the prices over there for Italian made products are very very fair.. NOT sure why, but stuff made in the US, is expensive here and there, but stuff made in Italy is just expensive here, lol...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Apparently, even though I've directed USPS to leave my packages at my apartment building, they still won't deliver all my packages. I just got a notice today that they "Attempted delivery, but the package is oversized or would not fit in the box." In layman's terms, they either didn't have enough room on the truck, wouldn't make two trips, or just didn't feel like lugging that box to my apartment. Needless to say that Amazon will be hearing from me again today to lodge yet another complaint with their use of USPS for this area.
Just wait until they mark your package as delivered when they're loading the truck. That really gets irritating. I had to tell the big bosses about that one. They were none too happy. Don't hesitate to file a complaint with the local post master. They actually care...still dumb, but they care.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I just got a notice today that they "Attempted delivery, but the package is oversized or would not fit in the box."
I ran into our mail carrier a few weeks ago. She's an old timer here. She told us they have a new boss, and he is enforcing an old rule that says they cannot deliver further than X ft from the mailbox. The new boss is checking their GPS & mileage to make sure.

So technically now, if a package won't fit in our mailbox, she is supposed to leave a note for us to come pick it up at the office. Period. I wonder if you may be seeing the same thing.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I ran into our mail carrier a few weeks ago. She's an old timer here. She told us they have a new boss, and he is enforcing an old rule that says they cannot deliver further than X ft from the mailbox. The new boss is checking their GPS & mileage to make sure.

So technically now, if a package won't fit in our mailbox, she is supposed to leave a note for us to come pick it up at the office. Period. I wonder if you may be seeing the same thing.
I'm not sure. My mail carrier seems to leave certain packages and not leave others. The correlation seems to be weight. If it's heavier than 20-ish lbs then I'm almost guaranteed to have to pick it up or if it has a dimension larger than 24" she just doesn't bother.

@herbu

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Bought a new TV. It's a Samsung UN75JU7100, a 2015-model 75" 3D 4K panel of glory. Behold!

Yep, it's defective. I've got an email in with BH Photo Video's customer service to see about getting a replacement, but I'm pretty sure they're out of stock. And by the time the purchase price is refunded to my card, the sale will be over. Crap.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Bought a new TV. It's a Samsung UN75JU7100, a 2015-model 75" 3D 4K panel of glory. Behold!

Yep, it's defective. I've got an email in with BH Photo Video's customer service to see about getting a replacement, but I'm pretty sure they're out of stock. And by the time the purchase price is refunded to my card, the sale will be over. Crap.
Well that's terrible. On the bright side, new sales should be coming up shortly with the Holidays right around the corner. I know Amazon's lightning deals are still in full effect even after cyber Monday. I would keep an eye out there as well.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Well it is a Samsung. They seem to have a real quality problem right now. Which is sad because they clearly have great ideas. I bet B&H would help you out if you asked. They tend to have great service in my experience.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

That sucks. Wonder if it got damaged somehow during shipping or if it is a QC problem?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Look at the bright side - it hasn't caught fire or exploded.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Well it is a Samsung. They seem to have a real quality problem right now. Which is sad because they clearly have great ideas. I bet B&H would help you out if you asked. They tend to have great service in my experience.
I wish I could agree. It could just be because the whole situation is frustrating, but I've got a foul taste in my mouth about B&H's customer service at the moment. They're friendly enough I suppose, but I'd rather have a cynical social reject who gets stuff done than a fake smile who quotes store policies and offers empty apologies for my inconvenience.

It took 3 emails for me to convince them to have UPS schedule a pickup; and even then I'm still skeptical that UPS will handle a 75" TV. This is going to end up requiring three more afternoons I have to take off from work -- one for UPS to come and tell me the TV is too big, the second for the freight company which should've been sent in the first place, and the third for when I order a replacement and it arrives. I'm also going to have to return a bunch of 3D glasses. What a hassle! I couldn't get B&H to agree to honor the current promotion on this TV after my refund is issued. I couldn't get them to agree to price match. I couldn't get them to offer a similar in-stock model as an exchange, or advance RMA / hot swap. I feel that they are making no concessions, and no extra effort to keep my business. Because I took a chance on them and failed, most likely the only TV I'll be able to buy with the features I want will be a month later and ten inches smaller. Somebody owes me some ass kissing for this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis