Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The American way of communicating to each other is funny. Things like "I don't mean to..." or "I'm not accusing you" or "I'm not saying you did" are immediately followed by the opposite of that. Rather than have it out, there is this faux politeness that is more insulting than just saying what you mean.
I recently started a sentence with, "I'm not judging you but ... ". But when you go out of town and go to your ex boyfriend's house alone at night you're a bit of a hoe ... even if nothing happened. I was accused of being judgy ... by the hoe. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I disagree. I believe directness is far more useful than verbal parrying. However, the issue is that directness, these days, is seen as disrespectful or some other nonsense because of how you could "hurt someone's feelings." It's always an interesting conversation with students on this topic.

EDIT: I will qualify my statement, since some people mistake directness for being a d!ck. That being direct does not inherently mean you are being a d!ck, but too often people who are direct are also often d!ick-ish. I try to ride the line like a monkey riding a unicycle on the high wire. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I disagree. I believe directness is far more useful than verbal parrying. However, the issue is that directness, these days, is seen as disrespectful or some other nonsense because of how you could "hurt someone's feelings." It's always an interesting conversation with students on this topic.

EDIT: I will qualify my statement, since some people mistake directness for being a d!ck. That being direct does not inherently mean you are being a d!ck, but too often people who are direct are also often d!ick-ish. I try to ride the line like a monkey riding a unicycle on the high wire. :D
Since I am a d!ck and direct, I try to be less direct in an effort to hide the fact that I'm a d!ck. So far nobody is fooled.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Since I am a d!ck and direct, I try to be less direct in an effort to hide the fact that I'm a d!ck. So far nobody is fooled.
I tried that too. Didn't work. People get mad because I say what I think. What they don't realize is that I'm not saying EVERYTHING I think. Then they would really be mad.

The truth is for some reason now seen as offensive. People seem surprised that I don't coddle them or agree with them to make them feel good. Then they get to know me. They quit being surprised pretty quick.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
It's the losers birthday today.... feel free to pm him any kind of birthday pictures you deem appropriate.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
PSA: if your area has trouble with Amazon deliveries not arriving on time. Place all items ordered from Amazon in separate orders. 1 item per order. If there is more than one item in an order and they ship at separate times and both are late, Amazon will not honor a prime membership extension for both missed shipments.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Just saw "Passengers" (the one with Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt). Laurence Fishburne missed a golden opportunity.

He had a line, "I should've taken the damn pills." What he should've said was, "I should've taken the blue pill." Just sayin'.

Otherwise, I liked it better than its Rotten Tomatoes rating.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I am just being plain mean to the Amazon CS. However, if you're mean to them they give you things. They are not sending me the appropriate message.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks to late shipments I now have almost a full year of prime for free. I think I'm at 11 months free so far. Good times.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You do drive a hard bargain ... :eek:

... and you're not at Fenway.
Yup, apparently all the policies that allow the CS reps to give you stuff if a shipment is late or misses a delivery date are employee only. So last night I accused the CS rep of making it all up in an elaborate scheme to cheat customers. This got me a pair of free months.

Also, maybe I am maybe I'm not.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yup, apparently all the policies that allow the CS reps to give you stuff if a shipment is late or misses a delivery date are employee only. So last night I accused the CS rep of making it all up in an elaborate scheme to cheat customers. This got me a pair of free months.

Also, maybe I am maybe I'm not.
I've tried to have amazon do price adjustment on knife. they hard stop refused citing policy (interesting since they did do price adjustment before). long story short: I got my adjustment and saved $15, while they out of $25-30 they lost.
I think it's fine to drive hard bargain with them due to their tricky constantly changing pricing

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've tried to have amazon do price adjustment on knife. they hard stop refused citing policy (interesting since they did do price adjustment before). long story short: I got my adjustment and saved $15, while they out of $25-30 they lost.
I think it's fine to drive hard bargain with them due to their tricky constantly changing pricing
That's my thinking as well. I've contacted them 8 or 9 times in the past 2 months for more or less the same issue. Every time they cite policy. The only problem is they're never consistent. So either they have the most contradictory policies ever, or they managers on duty can just do whatever they want and then cite what they do as "policy". At least in my experience as of late.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis