Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

majorloser

majorloser

To all the veterans and their families..

Thank you for your service and the sacrifices you've made. We can never come close to repaying you.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Almost forgot to mention. Placed a deposit on something today. Dec 2nd or 3rd will be the big day for delivery. :D Supa excited.

Matt34

Matt34

I hurt my back about 2.5 weeks ago and have some horrible sciatic nerve pain down the left leg. I'm finally getting an MRI done this upcoming Tuesday, but meanwhile I haven't slept more than a couple hours at a time. Spend most of my nights pacing around the house because sitting or laying down makes it worse, I'm a full fledged zombie now. They put me on some steroids, muscle relaxers and Gabapentin, which really doesn't do anything but take the edge off. Wife have to help me get my shoes and socks on, I flew on a plane for 24 hours in this condition which was awesome.

Just pretty damn miserable... Hopefully after this MRI, they can do actually do something.

Attachments

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I hurt my back about 2.5 weeks ago and have some horrible sciatic nerve pain down the left leg. I'm finally getting an MRI done this upcoming Tuesday, but meanwhile I haven't slept more than a couple hours at a time. Spend most of my nights pacing around the house because sitting or laying down makes it worse, I'm a full fledged zombie now. They put me on some steroids, muscle relaxers and Gabapentin, which really doesn't do anything but take the edge off. Wife have to help me get my shoes and socks on, I flew on a plane for 24 hours in this condition which was awesome.

Just pretty damn miserable... Hopefully after this MRI, they can do actually do something.
Yikes, that sucks man. Hopefully the MRI can help them figure something out for you.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I hurt my back about 2.5 weeks ago and have some horrible sciatic nerve pain down the left leg.
Oh man! I feel for you!!! I caught a ruptured disk in my neck about 6 weeks ago. Pain in neck/shoulder/arm was excruciating. Same meds as you. Plus codeine. 3 shots in the neck so far. Living and sleeping in the La-Z-Boy. Last MRI was 5 years ago for the same problem, and they wanted a new one. Laying flat and still on that table for 15 minutes was nothing short of torture.

Nurse put MRI up on the screen in Dr's office. When he walked in, he looked at the screen and said, "Oh Man!". Then he adjusted the image to a different view. His second utterance was, "Oh Goodness!". Have appt w/ neurosurgeon next week. In the meantime, living on codeine.

I can have one more shot in the neck, then surgery is next option. Every day I tell myself, "I think it's getting better". And I do. Still hoping I can get by w/ just another shot.

I've had the lower back same thing you have for years. Three times over the years, the pain has become intolerable like yours. Steroid shots in the spine worked every time. They're a piece of cake. Dearly hope it will work for you too!!!

Matt34

Matt34

Oh man! I feel for you!!! I caught a ruptured disk in my neck about 6 weeks ago. Pain in neck/shoulder/arm was excruciating. Same meds as you. Plus codeine. 3 shots in the neck so far. Living and sleeping in the La-Z-Boy. Last MRI was 5 years ago for the same problem, and they wanted a new one. Laying flat and still on that table for 15 minutes was nothing short of torture.

Nurse put MRI up on the screen in Dr's office. When he walked in, he looked at the screen and said, "Oh Man!". Then he adjusted the image to a different view. His second utterance was, "Oh Goodness!". Have appt w/ neurosurgeon next week. In the meantime, living on codeine.

I can have one more shot in the neck, then surgery is next option. Every day I tell myself, "I think it's getting better". And I do. Still hoping I can get by w/ just another shot.

I've had the lower back same thing you have for years. Three times over the years, the pain has become intolerable like yours. Steroid shots in the spine worked every time. They're a piece of cake. Dearly hope it will work for you too!!!
I hurt my back a couple years back, bulging L-4/L-5 along with degenerative disc disease, but never had the nerve pain until now. Only relief is standing/walking or sitting completely upright in the dining room chair. When I went to see the doc and get my meds she told me it's a good chance it's a ruptured disc.

My dad just had surgery on his neck for bulging disc, his was so bad he lost dexterity in his hands and they always felt "wet" to him. After the surgery he has gained most of the dexterity back and the "wetness" is gone!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I hurt my back a couple years back, bulging L-4/L-5 along with degenerative disc disease, but never had the nerve pain until now. Only relief is standing/walking or sitting completely upright in the dining room chair. When I went to see the doc and get my meds she told me it's a good chance it's a ruptured disc.

My dad just had surgery on his neck for bulging disc, his was so bad he lost dexterity in his hands and they always felt "wet" to him. After the surgery he has gained most of the dexterity back and the "wetness" is gone!
I went through a lot of that last year. I also had bulging L-4/L-5 along with degenerative disc disease and it was getting where I couldn't ride at all and had issues walking. I had some nerve pain especially down my right leg. I ended up having spinal injections 3 times which gave me relief for 2 weeks a pop and then radio frequency ablation. After the RFA, the pain was a lot worse for about 5 weeks and then it got way, way better and has stayed that way for about a year now. As soon as possible, I built a very strong core and continue to work on that as that takes a lot of pressure off my skeletal system and puts it on the muscular structure. My doctor said he would not do surgery for moderate pain as it may become severe pain after that. He said you don't wonder when it's time for surgery, you know when it's time.

I think I would have had a great year in 2016 had I not tore my Achilles tendon which has been the slowest healing injury I have ever had. I am a year deep into it now and it's just now where I can ride pretty normal again.

majorloser

majorloser

Things WILL get better. Your mind and body will recover. Just get as much help and as many professional opinions as you can until you find one that works for you.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
To all the veterans and their families..

Thank you for your service and the sacrifices you've made. We can never come close to repaying you.
As a vet, I expect nothing less than everyone nodding their heads in total agreement with all my wishes & opinions.

Short of that, checks will do :rolleyes:.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I hurt my back about 2.5 weeks ago…
Sorry to hear that news. I hope you get some kind of relief soon.

I don't have any experience with bad discs in the spine (knock on wood) but I have more than a little experience with steroid anti-inflammation drugs, like prednisone, and it sucks. Codeine, on the other hand, is one of my favorite medications, although I haven't had any since I had knee surgery in 1975. They probably aren't giving you nearly enough of that stuff.

Best wishes & good luck!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hey guys, how is everyone? Any exciting summer news I missed?

We are back from Italy only back for the holidays though, me and my wife are returning in January and then not coming back to the states until then end of next summer. My oldest son is staying here (has to start working towards his degree and certs), my youngest cant wait to go back, he is hooked on Italian girls, lol... Although once he got with his local buddies it was brought up a lot less...

I am glad to be "home" but also miss waking up in paradise as my wife puts it...

I do have some audio news though, my wife agreed to let me have a really nice system for Italy, we decided yesterday, she originally said nothing, then she said just a small stereo system, and now since she seen how happy I am listening to my systems, I literally have not shut them off since we got home... She agreed to let me have a "real" stereo system in the villa.
We actually have a nice place not far from us that sells nice stuff, and she commented on how nice the sonus Venere S in walnut looked, so even though I am not super crazy about how they sound(they don't sound bad BY ANYMEANS, I just think there is better out there for the cost), she likes the look, so I am going to get them, lol... The price there was actually very fair, most stuff is insane, they were not as bad as I thought...

Anyway, that conversation is what prompted me to come say hello to you guys, and see how everything is going.... I HOPE ALL IS WELL...

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I am glad to be "home" but also miss waking up in paradise as my wife puts it...
Hey, big guy. Good to hear from you again. Not a whole lot here worth mentioning. The expected political mushmouth stuff. Oh... MarkW was banned for life! Lost a good conservative ally, but I gotta admit he could get a bit aggressive. I miss reading his stuff... and yours.

Glad you got the oky doky for a nice system over there. You remind me of my late grandfather. Money to burn, yet very frugal spending in many ways.

Surprisingly little significant audio stuff or news since you left. Perhaps there is and I'm just not paying attention because I have what I want... but I don't think so. In fact, sometimes it's pretty slow here. Seems like a lull in the audio world.

Hope you enjoy the holidays!!!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Hey guys, how is everyone? Any exciting summer news I missed?

We are back from Italy only back for the holidays though, me and my wife are returning in January and then not coming back to the states until then end of next summer. My oldest son is staying here (has to start working towards his degree and certs), my youngest cant wait to go back, he is hooked on Italian girls, lol... Although once he got with his local buddies it was brought up a lot less...

I do have some audio news though, my wife agreed to let me have a really nice system for Italy, we decided yesterday, she originally said nothing, then she said just a small stereo system, and now since she seen how happy I am listening to my systems, I literally have not shut them off since we got home... She agreed to let me have a "real" stereo system in the villa.
We actually have a nice place not far from us that sells nice stuff, and she commented on how nice the sonus Venere S in walnut looked, so even though I am not super crazy about how they sound(they don't sound bad BY ANYMEANS, I just think there is better out there for the cost), she likes the look, so I am going to get them, lol... The price there was actually very fair, most stuff is insane, they were not as bad as I thought...

Anyway, that conversation is what prompted me to come say hello to you guys, and see how everything is going.... I HOPE ALL IS WELL...
Salk and Philharmonic Audio would be my first stops. They have beautiful finishes and great speakers.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, with a late year push, I made it past the 100 order mark for about the 5th year in a row. On Amazon that is.

One week from today and I'll be able to share what helped push me over the 100 order mark. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks to Cyber Monday got most of my holiday shopping done.

3 days 21 hours 23 minutes

Approximately........is it obvious I'm excited yet? :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis