Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Makes me wonder how in the world he could think his haircut is the most attractive choice. Regardless of your politics, you have to admit the guy is not stupid. So here's a rich, intelligent guy who thinks this haircut is his best choice? I don't get it.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Makes me wonder how in the world he could think his haircut is the most attractive choice. Regardless of your politics, you have to admit the guy is not stupid. So here's a rich, intelligent guy who thinks this haircut is his best choice? I don't get it.
I've known 4 men who attempted to hide their baldness with either a toupee or an extreme comb over. All 4 looked ridiculous. None of them were stupid, but all were flawed with EGOS AS BIG AS A GREYHOUND BUS. They not only believed they were attractive, but believed they were irresistible to all females. That made them more ridiculous.

I've never met Trump, but his hair alone, plus his big ego, is enough to make me think I already know the type.

It's also enough to convince me I'd never want to play poker with him.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Is there such a thing called blind ego? or is it arrogance at it's best?o_O

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
TLs is the way to go.... what do you think will be fastest, build a house or TLs, it's bears to design proper TLs, even experienced designers can spend years..... but I love TLs !

Tell me more plz when the house plans gets under way :p
My current apartment lacks a build space. With a garage or shed I can actually do some larger projects.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It certainly is boring around here. So much, that it's all I can do to type this post. I miss the good ol' days...:(

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
My current apartment lacks a build space. With a garage or shed I can actually do some larger projects.
My current apartment is so small all I've got is 1 tv and 1 pair of bookshelves. This has been a sad few months indeed. At least you've got the house coming, that's a good thing. I'm not sure how long I'll be in apts at this point.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It certainly is boring around here. So much, that it's all I can do to type this post. I miss the good ol' days...:(
In the US, the election campaign has everyone bored, annoyed, or foaming at the mouth. Normally a news junkie, I've gotten so sick of hearing about it that I don't want to look at the 'latest news'. It doesn't promise to settle down after next week's election.

It was a lot less boring when markw was still around, despite his political passions.
My current apartment is so small all I've got is 1 tv and 1 pair of bookshelves. This has been a sad few months indeed. At least you've got the house coming, that's a good thing. I'm not sure how long I'll be in apts at this point.
It's good to hear from you again. I guess those aliens who abducted you weren't interested in keeping you for long.

Small apartment… NY state winters… I guess you'll be moving again by next summer.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
In the US, the election campaign has everyone bored, annoyed, or foaming at the mouth. Normally a news junkie, I've gotten so sick of hearing about it that I don't want to look at the 'latest news'. It doesn't promise to settle down after next week's election.
We've been following the election campaign from afar...with a mixture of amusement and horror. I'd voice my opinion of the candidates, but I wouldn't like to start a flame war. :eek::D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
We've been following the election campaign from afar...with a mixture of amusement and horror. I'd voice my opinion of the candidates, but I wouldn't like to start a flame war. :eek::D
I too would voice my opinion of the candidates, but I'll hold my fire until election day.

However, I don't feel compelled to keep silent about the so-called news reporters who fill the TV these days. They are junkies helplessly addicted to the 'political horse race'. For nearly two years, they've only seemed to care about telling us who is getting more attention.

I hope the 'endless' campaign ends on November 8, but I also know that too many people, politicians, campaign consultants, lobbyists, as well as reporters depend on a never ending political horse race to make a living.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I feel like the "news" is more how the people reporting the new feel about it than just telling us what happened.

Sure, there are some out there that are still good, but it seems that all the big mainstream news is just a crapload of people telling each other their opinion. I just want to watch the news to see what's going on, not hear what people think about it. Plus it seems that all they want to report now are the bad things. There is plenty of good going on and most news outlets seem to gloss over it.

I can say I'm not a big fan of opinions. At least the vast majority of peoples.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It was a lot less boring when markw was still around, despite his political passions.
yea, the lack of some of the regulars has made it somewhat less interesting around here.

It's good to hear from you again. I guess those aliens who abducted you weren't interested in keeping you for long.

Small apartment… NY state winters… I guess you'll be moving again by next summer.
Lol, thanks. Things have gotten a little rocky on the personal front and I'm a little ragged around the edges, but it'll work itself out.

Next summer? Just last week I was looking for a new place, but I'm not sure I'm game for 3 hours of commuting every day :D Next summer is almost a guarantee ;)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I feel like the "news" is more how the people reporting the new feel about it than just telling us what happened.

Sure, there are some out there that are still good, but it seems that all the big mainstream news is just a crapload of people telling each other their opinion. I just want to watch the news to see what's going on, not hear what people think about it. Plus it seems that all they want to report now are the bad things. There is plenty of good going on and most news outlets seem to gloss over it.

I can say I'm not a big fan of opinions. At least the vast majority of peoples.
The propaganda that passes for "News" it reminds me of a quote:
“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
too many people, politicians, campaign consultants, lobbyists, as well as reporters depend on a never ending political horse race to make a living.
Bingo!

1) How in the world can anyone, regardless of their political leaning, fill up a 24/7 "news" channel without opinions?

2) People want to watch a "news" source that validates their own opinion. If you think Pat is a scum sucking, dog licking, self absorbed piece of dung, you don't want to watch a station that explains why Pat is a good choice.

3) William Randolph Hearst is jumping up and down laughing, and yelling, "I told you so!". He understood that the truth doesn't matter. If the "press" tells people something over and over, long enough, they will believe it. (And in memory of markw, The liberals understood and embraced this long before the conservatives.) Today, both sides have a machine constantly practicing this philosophy and looking for new avenues to exploit.

The advent of "The Information Age" was and is remarkable, but more than ever it requires people to use their own brain. Sadly, that isn't happening.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
My new toys shipped today. I don't trust them being shipped my apt, so they're being shipped to my parents house. I have to go there this tomorrow after work anyways, so I'll get them then. Pretty excited.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis