Finally coming together

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
@fuzz092888 these graphs are of the dual opposed UXL? I wonder if you simply need feet to plant that sub firmly...

You have a consistent dip across all of those crossovers, with the lowest being 40 hz moving the dip further down. I'll bet thats a mechanical loss due to enclosure movement!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
@fuzz092888 these graphs are of the dual opposed UXL? I wonder if you simply need feet to plant that sub firmly...

You have a consistent dip across all of those crossovers, with the lowest being 40 hz moving the dip further down. I'll bet thats a mechanical loss due to enclosure movement!
Nope, that's the system all 4 subs. Feet wouldn't do anything to stop cabinet movement. It's a flat bottom with a couple hundred pounds on top, how would decreasing surface area contact make it more firm? If anything it'd probably snap the feet off ;)

Has nothing to do with cabinet movement, just a room modes that change due to what frequencies the 12" woofers in the speakers come into play. Subs aren't placed perfectly enough to get a completely flat FR combined with speakers. I had thought about moving the subs around, but immediately discarded that idea when I remembered how heavy they are. I'll just cross at 150Hz. K.I.S.S. as they say :D

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Was the mic at the LP? Then yes repositioning will solve that. Standing waves suck!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well this is larger than I expected

With a little 4.5" driver sitting on the dust cap

Next to the UXL. Fell a little bit as I took the pic, but you can definitely see how much larger this is. I kinda wish it had the same cone as the UXL though.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
And that you can't afford a ring for at least another six months :D
C'mon man, you can't be just putting that out there like that. What if she sees? WHAT IF SHE SEES?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If there was a Richard move button I would give it to you...........think about it. :p

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
He's just gotta test to see how much she's willing to put up with! Make SURE she's the right one, otherwise kiss your speakers good bye!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got my shipping notice for the second of the FTW's.

Also, Mark from Mach 5 just started a FB page. Turns out he can make a 32" sub and is prototyping a 24" driver as well. Color me curious.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
But don't you also still need that 4 foot high spoiler on your car!?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Also, Mark from Mach 5 just started a FB page. Turns out he can make a 32" sub and is prototyping a 24" driver as well. Color me curious.
Think how slow the bass will be though. What you need is a pair DO towers with 16x8" drivers per sub.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Think how slow the bass will be though. What you need is a pair DO towers with 16x8" drivers per sub.
True, but if that's the case, why not 126x4" drivers? I mean, the bass will be so fast I probably won't even hear it because the sound waves will be moving so quickly.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis