Finally coming together

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Dear Lord. Well at least you won't know the cops are there until they break down the door.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Dear Lord. Well at least you won't know the cops are there until they break down the door.
True that. Basically the neighbors probably thought a train was about to come crashing through their wall. I wish I had that recording of the Saturn V rocket taking off. That would be fun.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah but it only reaches 80db @ 20hz... ;-p

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Uncle Oscar told me you always exaggerate you capablities!

I should see how loud my old svs's get being driven by the even older rxv2500. (I feel sad and inadequate :-D )

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Uncle Oscar told me you always exaggerate you capablities!

I should see how loud my old svs's get being driven by the even older rxv2500. (I feel sad and inadequate :-D )

About some things perhaps, but unless my mic has fallen out of calibration, that's what it is. Supposedly the mic is calibrated to 5Hz from CSL and the Galaxy meter was supposedly calibrated a reference SPL meter from the guy I bought it from.

Walter can vouch for me. At my old place back in NY I got the coffee table to start bouncing a little bit during a scene. Although with the increased airspace in this new place I'm considering the need for a 21" sub to complement the 4 18" drivers.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Walter can vouch for me.
At my old place back in NY I got the coffee table to start bouncing a little bit during a scene. Although with the increased airspace in this new place I'm considering the need for a 21" sub to complement the 4 18" drivers.
I get a little nervous with any paragraph that starts with, "Walter can vouch for me.":eek::D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I get a little nervous with any paragraph that starts with, "Walter can vouch for me.":eek::D
I'm pretty sure that hearing my system is what inspired Walter to upgrade his entire system. He heard mine and went, "Wait, there's a system that might be louder than mine? Unacceptable." :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
You can take the boy out of the boring thread but you can't take the boring thread out of the boy...

I haven't tweaked on my system in over a year. I even got a mic to play with REW and just took a cursory measurement to find out why the bass is inconsistent... turns out a 60hz hole in the response will do that.

You definitely look like you have fun with AV Fuzz... keep up the good work.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm pretty sure that hearing my system is what inspired Walter to upgrade his entire system. He heard mine and went, "Wait, there's a system that might be louder than mine? Unacceptable." :D
Plus I think Walter won the lottery. At the very least, child support ended. He switched jobs too so there might be more income to boot. It always comes down to money. WTF ... I'll pay you for it. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You can take the boy out of the boring thread but you can't take the boring thread out of the boy...

I haven't tweaked on my system in over a year. I even got a mic to play with REW and just took a cursory measurement to find out why the bass is inconsistent... turns out a 60hz hole in the response will do that.

You definitely look like you have fun with AV Fuzz... keep up the good work.

I've got to say, REW has been invaluable. I even got to use a feature of it that I've never used before, the room sim mode. It actually helped a lot when setting up the subs. There were only a few places the subs could go anyways, but using the room sim helped me decide exactly where to place them. Because it's mostly a rectangular room it ended up being pretty accurate.

Thanks, I definitely enjoy it. Heck, I'd build speakers all day every day if I could. Well that and tinker with my own HT system.

Plus I think Walter won the lottery. At the very least, child support ended. He switched jobs too so there might be more income to boot. It always comes down to money. WTF ... I'll pay you for it. :)
He's rolling in it these days. He's even thinking of moving, last time I talked to him. I guess we'll see if the new neighbors are as tolerant as his current neighbors. Especially after he adds another pair of surrounds and two more subs into his system.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Are you sure that's the glasses? The image will generally be darker in 3D period. Let me know how they go. I use a separate setting for 3D that has more backlight and contrast.
@j_garcia @afterlife2

3D is definitely darker, without question. With the Samsung's and the Samsung glasses, I would say that they are only acceptably bright, but definitely not as bright as I'd like the image to be.

I picked a poor movie to try out the 3D emitter with, Godzilla, but at least I found out the Samsung glasses work. OTOH, they make everything unacceptably dark, even with the aperature wide open and high power mode and the 3D picture mode. Still could barely make out anything in any sort of dim or darker scene and in a scene like the train scene where they need to cross the bridge........fuhgettaboutit. You can't see sh!t. The other issue is that the Samsung glasses are extremely poor for a screen this size where you have a lot going on in your peripherals. The lenses just aren't big enough. I will say that I noticed a distinct difference, IMO, between the TV's and the projector in terms of how the 3D looked. It may just be because of the larger image, but I watched one movie on the TV and found it underwhelming at best. I watched one scene with the PJ and was immediately interested. The added depth and the tiny amount of stuff coming out from the screen were much easier to notice and appreciate IMO.

I haven't gotten to use the Xpand glasses yet because they need to fully charge before you can use them and I didn't think to plug them in as soon as I got back from BB. Directions say about 2 hours to fully charge so they may be done for a test tonight, or maybe not. Depends on how late I want to stay up and how much longer I want to leave my contacts in (I've had them in since 5:30 this morning). I have high hopes though, misguided or not, because they are much more comfortable than the Samsung glasses and the fit/lense size almost completely covers the field of view.

Nearly spoke too soon. The lights on both glasses just went out, which means they're charged. Off to play and hopefully not be horribly disappointed. Otherwise I need to take another trip back to BB tomorrow and list a 3D emitter on ebay. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
On my Acer PJ I have to adjust the settings for 3D everytime I watch one. :( I wrote down the settings after watching Hercules(The Rock). The only thing I hate is having to put in the settings everytime I watch a 3D movie. For regular BD, DVD, Netflix, etc. it retains the setting automatically. Good thing the Acer looks awesome with 3D. My settings look great and never too dark or light, just right. :) Looking forward to your new glasses review.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis