YPAO excludes PB 2000why?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
When I run YPAO on my RX A3080 it tells me I have no subwoofer even though I do. Sub is hard wired and connected via y cable to both LFE and input (per SVStech) and is set to always on (not delay, again per SVS). No test sounds come out and YPAO deletes it. Works fine when I add it manually. Any ideas?

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
When I run YPAO on my RX A3080 it tells me I have no subwoofer even though I do. Sub is hard wired and connected via y cable to both LFE and input (per SVStech) and is set to always on (not delay, again per SVS). No test sounds come out and YPAO deletes it. Works fine when I add it manually. Any ideas?
@lovinthehd is probably right. I have the same subs and same AVR, the only time YPAO has ignored the subs was the first time I ran it and mistakenly set the subwoofer to “none”.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just had another thought, is this the one you're using with a wireless transmitter?

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
As a LAST resort. My experience with them left a bad taste in my mouth. Unit bought 8/5/18 with 3 year warranty.
This is an expensive AVR, one of Yamaha's "flagship" products.

Yamaha should be bending over backwards to make this right... when you approach them with a warranty claim.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
This is an expensive AVR, one of Yamaha's "flagship" products.

Yamaha should be bending over backwards to make this right... when you approach them with a warranty claim.

I TOTALLY AGREE. But they don’t.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yup! If that doesn't work, go past the retailer and move up the Yamaha chain.
What retailer still deals with such beyond their own terms? Seems he is dealing with Yamaha now in any case.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
What retailer still deals with such beyond their own terms? Seems he is dealing with Yamaha now in any case.
That's good. He'll have better success the higher he goes because "no" decisions are sometimes made when the corrective action needed lies outside a person's authority.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I have done all that’s been suggested but Yamaha does not (it seems) do their own tech support but instead uses a “outside”tech. You can not go beyond them. At least I have not been able to.

Last edited:
Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Talked to SVS today and he said quite a few of that model have sub output problems. His suggestion was to do a total reset. I spent 2-3 months getting it set to the way it is and a reset would wipe all my settings.

I’ll have to think about it, no guarantee that would work, seems like it’s always something.

No idea why Yamaha tech didn’t tell me about it or even suggest that might help, Is it just me or does this happen with other makes?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Talked to SVS today and he said quite a few of that model have sub output problems. His suggestion was to do a total reset. I spent 2-3 months getting it set to the way it is and a reset would wipe all my settings.

I’ll have to think about it, no guarantee that would work, seems like it’s always something.

No idea why Yamaha tech didn’t tell me about it or even suggest that might help, Is it just me or does this happen with other makes?
On my Rythmik subs I never worry about my Yamaha sub output, but with my HSU subs, I use a RCA Y splitter to send sub out to both the L and R inputs. That’s a trick to send more signal to the sub. I have zero experience with SVS brand subs though.

This is mostly useful to trigger the subs to come on in an “auto on” setting.

An RCA Y splitter is only $9

RCA 1 Female to 2 Males.

Last edited:
R

R.Elder

Audioholic
On my Rythmik subs I never worry about my Yamaha sub output, but with my HSU subs, I use a RCA Y splitter to send sub out to both the L and R inputs. That’s a trick to send more signal to the sub. I have zero experience with SVS brand subs though.

This is mostly useful to trigger the subs to come on in an “auto on” setting.

An RCA Y splitter is only $9

RCA 1 Female to 2 Males.
My SVS PB 13 Ultra said they don’t need a Y cable. That it was more or less built in. I’m not sure about the PB 2000 but I’m fairly sure they probably have that same feature. My Yamaha 3080 YPAO doesn’t have any issues setting output for both my subs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis