YPAO excludes PB 2000why?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
My SVS PB 13 Ultra said they don’t need a Y cable. That it was more or less built in. I’m not sure about the PB 2000 but I’m fairly sure they probably have that same feature. My Yamaha 3080 YPAO doesn’t have any issues setting output for both my subs.
My 2060 has a Rythmik sub. My 770 has a Rythmik sub. But my V681 has HSU subs and the Y cables help them sense to come on in auto mode.

R

R.Elder

Audioholic
My 2060 has a Rythmik sub. My 770 has a Rythmik sub. But my V681 has HSU subs and the Y cables help them sense to come on in auto mode.
Yeah I don’t mean to suggest that all subs now have built in splitters. On my older sub I always used a splitter and my old AVR also so I could run a pair. They are cheap enough that it’s worth a shot. I’ve tried it on my SVS because I find it to be less sensitive than I had hoped but seemed to make no difference in output. I end up setting it much higher than I’d like in both the AVR and it. I think I have it set to -6db and the AVR set to +6. Rather surprising considering the size of the PB 13. My Martin Logan dynamo is much more sensitive but being sealed and much smaller doesn’t deliver the umph of the SVS.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah I don’t mean to suggest that all subs now have built in splitters. On my older sub I always used a splitter and my old AVR also so I could run a pair. They are cheap enough that it’s worth a shot. I’ve tried it on my SVS because I find it to be less sensitive than I had hoped but seemed to make no difference in output. I end up setting it much higher than I’d like in both the AVR and it. I think I have it set to -6db and the AVR set to +6. Rather surprising considering the size of the PB 13. My Martin Logan dynamo is much more sensitive but being sealed and much smaller doesn’t deliver the umph of the SVS.
Ya I would love to have dual subs in each room but just have it that way in the living room.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis