Your favorite demo material....theater and 2 channel

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
$.02

You'd think he would have seen it but he's a Jehova's Witness, although I don't know their rules or how strictly he adheres to them.
Well, I'm not a Jehova's Witness, but, I have not seen any of the Terminator movies. I tried watching the Transformer movies and made it about twenty minutes and had to turn it off. Shia LeBouf was just annoying.

I have had my Blu ray player (bdp?) for 4 months and have only used it for music. I got my wife the first season of True Blood on Blu Ray and she likes it.
I like movies, I just haven't seen a good movie in long time.

For music, when I got the new DefTech's I used Tears For Fears - Elemental. When I first got my PSB B1's I used Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds - Live at Luther College.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
And....it's outa here ! I thought this thread was supposed to be about favorite audio tracks? :rolleyes: :confused: :p

Thanks, I'll be here all week. And the obscenities will be too ****** ****** :D
I just thought I would finish this up for ya - " And.... it's outta hereeee Michael Jack Schmidt HOMERUN !!!! From the immortal words of one of if not the very best Baseball Commentator to ever hit the airwaves Harry Kalas , may He Rest in Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know if it is Demo worthy but I had mentioned the Movie Robin Hood a few days back , it has an excellent soundtrack that shows off more than just the good ole sub reference stuff it is very musical and nice to listen to, pretty decent movie as well.The PQ is colorful and crisp on the Pioneer, I think it is a library addition, now to get a copy of The Fighter.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
I don't know if it is Demo worthy but I had mentioned the Movie Robin Hood a few days back , it has an excellent soundtrack that shows off more than just the good ole sub reference stuff it is very musical and nice to listen to, pretty decent movie as well.The PQ is colorful and crisp on the Pioneer, I think it is a library addition, now to get a copy of The Fighter.
Are you a closet Brian Adams fan?:D

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I'm gonna have to say Iron Man as well. As far as music, Inception's 5.1 soundtrack is great and has great dynamics. Anybody who has been to a symphony before knows what a live symphony sounds like and on a good system, it sounds like one. For 2 channel music i find anything by the killers to be a good test of imaging and accuracy. My favorite song being "when you were young".

EDIT: forgot to mention, Call of Duty Black Ops is a good test for LFE and dynamics, just firing a shotgun at -25 on the volume level causes this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ2AwRwFGgs

Last edited:
Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
For 2 channel music i find anything by the killers to be a good test of imaging and accuracy. My favorite song being "when you were young".
Wouldn't anything "low-fi" like that (with purposefully low production quality) not be an ideal test for a good pair of speakers? The voice sounds so processed on their albums and there is no clear separation between individual instruments.

I am a fan of a lot of bands in that indie-sounding genre, but, just not to show off what a good set of speakers can really do.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
what? the killers low-fi??? i find it to be some of the best natural sounding recordings out there. it isn't overly processed and retains good dynamic range. i find it really strange you say there is no seperation of instruments because when i want to show off how well my speakers can do that and create a convincing soundspace that is the song i use.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
what? the killers low-fi??? i find it to be some of the best natural sounding recordings out there. it isn't overly processed and retains good dynamic range. i find it really strange you say there is no seperation of instruments because when i want to show off how well my speakers can do that and create a convincing soundspace that is the song i use.
I'm gonna have to go listen to it now.

(edit - I retract my previous statement....I was only familiar with "Hot Fuss")

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You probably shell shocked the poor guy! :eek:
I didn't do anything! He sat down when I wasn't even there. I just walked in and got to enjoy the reaction. He laughed about it but I think he reached his target heart rate pretty quickly.

R

RipcordAFF

Audioholic Intern
My vote is the DVD-A of blue man group, the complex. Its an incredible piece of 5.1 audio

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis