Your 5 favorite musical groups - Any genre

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
20to20K said:
Jorge Santanna (Carlos's incompetent younger brother - music sucks but album {vinyl only} covers belong in Playboy) [/QUOTE said:
Sounds like Jorge is the Eli Manning of guitar players!

Ah c'mon, give Eli a chance :) . He's just a rookie. Peyton had a bumpy start as well if I recall. Besides if your receivers can't catch it is still an incomplete...

S

slmcdonald7

Junior Audioholic
1) The Smashing Pumpkins
2) Mum
3) Wilco
4) The Beatles
5) Sigur Ros

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Ulu was a 5-piece, now a quartet funk-ish group. They're small time, out of New York, but I really like their sound. Part of it is because they are what I'd like my small band to be, and the other part is that they play good stuff.

Check 'em out:

www.ulu.net

20to20K

Full Audioholic
I checked out their website...they DEFINITELY sound a band I'd be interested
in hearing. I'm a big SoulLive, YaYa3 and Martin, Medeski, Wood fan and it appears that their music is similiar from their bio. Being from NYC myself I'm surprised I hadn't heard of them. Thanks for the tip...

D

djjimbftp

Audiophyte
5 favorite bands

rush
vanhalen
velvet revolver
eagles
fleetwood mac

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
OK, lets go with:

- Stones (from Beggar's Banquest thru Exile, especially)
- all Beatles
- Rockpile (in addition to Rockpile's one album, I get to count the Dave Edmunds and Nick Lowe albums that were basically the Rockpile lineup, but issued separately for legal reasons)
- Led Zeppelin (up through Physical Graffiti)
- Rod Stewart and the Faces (including Rod Stewart's solo albums up through Never a Dull Moment)

Honorable mentions to:

Police
Ramones
Clash
the Who
Creedence Clearwater Revival

J

jordanny

Enthusiast
My Favorites:
The Beatles
The Stones
The Who
Jimi Hendrix
Eric Clapton

Honorable mention:
Led Zeppelin
Bruce Springsteen
Aerosmith
Pink Floyd
Stevie Ray Vaughn

Third team:
AC/DC
Rush
Deep Purple
Electric Light Orchestra
Blondie

Best of the rest:
Bob Dylan
Frank Zappa
Heart
Grateful Dead
Styx
Grand Funk Railroad
Alice Cooper
Journey
Foreigner
The Pretenders
Simon and Garfunkel

Plus, I know I'm forgetting tons of others... :) The first thing to go is the mind

J

jzac

Audioholic
In no particular order...

Journey
Queen
Steely Dan
Incognito
Beautiful South

And then some more... :p
Jamiroquai
The Pretenders
Traveling Wilburys
Ottmar Liebert (for 2-finger flamenco music guitar work no one can touch this guy.. simply awesome!)

M

moverton

Audioholic
These things always evolve but right now...

Gomez
Sonny Rollins
John Coltrane
Flaming Lips
Bill Evans

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Wow, only five is hard. I have a lot of groups I really like but,

1. Dream Theater
2. Pantera
3. Tool
4. Living Color
5. Big Head Todd and the Monsters

To name 5.

Shinerman

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
Mudcat said:
David Peel and the Lower East Side
Mudcat, I met David Peel last summer. He (as well as my wife and I, among others) were guests at a post-concert after-show meet-n-greet party in the Atlantic City Hilton. He gave me his business card of all things. Quite honestly, he reminded me a lot of Christophor Lloyd as Rev. Jim from the TV show Taxi. He sat with us for at least 45 minutes just telling stories. It was great!!

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Only 5 groups? everybody else is running rampant with their choices.

In no particular order.

ABBA (yes, that ABBA)
America (I can still sing "Ventura Highway", "Horse with no name" etc in the shower without humming)
Beach Boys
Beetles (where we would be without Sargent Pepper)
Billy Joel (hated "Pressure", until I heard it LIVE)
Crosby Stills & Nash
Dave Mathews
Eagles (Live is just soooo much better, and just think, as a kid, I thought the Eagles were boring)
Fleetwood Mac
Kansas
Led Zeppelin
Lighthouse (poor guys only had two barely top 40 hits in the 70's)
Moody Blues
Queen
REM
Rush
Simon & Garfunkel
Styx
Talking Heads
U2
Yes

Darn, I listed them alphabetical

L

Lithp

Audiophyte
I can't believe no one has mentioned Thin Lizzy yet - the koolest rock band ever!

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Hawkeye said:
Mudcat, I met David Peel last summer. He (as well as my wife and I, among others) were guests at a post-concert after-show meet-n-greet party in the Atlantic City Hilton. He gave me his business card of all things. Quite honestly, he reminded me a lot of Christophor Lloyd as Rev. Jim from the TV show Taxi. He sat with us for at least 45 minutes just telling stories. It was great!!
Really, I thought he was dead. I guess he's like Keith Richard, in that he should only be dead. When I was in college, I happen to find one album of his, "Have A Marijuana". The was only one good song, "Up Against the Wall Mo#%#$ F*&C$#@". Because of that song, I sough out other ablums, and over the course of a few dozen year, managed to find only four. Don't play them any more, can't. They were in terrible shape to begin with and only got worse.

G

garman

Enthusiast
Squeeze - Singles
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Bob Marley - Legend
Thomas Dolby - Flat Earth
The Clash

Three Brittish bands, one U.S. and one Jamaican.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Only 5....

Here are my 6 pics :p for right now :D

Aerosmith
U2
Squirrel Nut Zippers
Dread Zeppelin
Carbon Leaf
TMBG

Last edited:
D

derekwwww

Audioholic
my top 10 favs at the moment in no particular order:

beatles
eric burdon + The Animals
stones (stuff from debut up to and including 'their satanic majesties request' is best)
yardbirds (mostly earliest stuff with clapton)
donovan
chuck berry
buddy holly
jefferson airplane
country joe + the fish
zeppelin
buffalo springfield

RGCriss

RGCriss

Enthusiast
well here goes :
in no particular order
Led Zeppelin
Badfinger
The Who
Queen
Alice Cooper

A lot of skool daze memories (except the queen stuff) :D

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
RGCriss said:
well here goes :
in no particular order
Led Zeppelin
Badfinger
The Who
Queen
Alice Cooper

A lot of skool daze memories (except the queen stuff) :D
RGCriss,
At the same party I mentioned in the post above (1/6/2005 6:20), was Joey Molland of Bad Company. I had first met him at a similar party at the Hilton the year before. He is one very funny person, quite a ball-buster and a very nice, approachable man.

RGCriss

RGCriss

Enthusiast
Hawkeye said:
RGCriss,
At the same party I mentioned in the post above (1/6/2005 6:20), was Joey Molland of Bad Company. I had first met him at a similar party at the Hilton the year before. He is one very funny person, quite a ball-buster and a very nice, approachable man.
That is too cool, it was too bad that Pete Ham and Tom Evans had such a problem coping with their success, their label's (Apple Records)incompetence And their managers greed They each were/are fabulous musicians. Who knows what may have been if they had not cut short their lives

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis