You Don't know What You Got 'Til It's (Temporarily) Gone

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre
to be fair, you did purchase these Ascends second hand, right?

So, all difficulties aside, it does speak praise to Ascend to warranty the product rather than the original purchaser!

To me, a company that will repair a faulty product with no questions asked speaks a ton about the overall quality expectations of the product!
I am the original purchaser.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh....I thought these were bookshelf speakers. Forgot about the towers.
Yes, the towers. Also, I am appreciative that they are covering under warranty but they should. It's clearly a manufacturing defect. I don't think there's supposed to be such a big seam to begin with, and putting a screw right on it is what caused the crack. It wasn't dropped or mistreated (unless you consider my first week experimenting with some limits mistreatment :p). I waited patiently for 6 weeks without bugging them. I was called and told the cabinet was there. All they need to do is swap the parts from the cracked cab and put them in the new one so this isn't really even a covid related supply thing either. All the parts are there.

I've been very nice and respectful as has Dina. I think she's doing her level best, but the ball has been fumbled a few times now and I'm just venting about it here. Bottom line I know that they're taking care of me and did not give me any problems honoring the warranty, which I do appreciate. There has unquestionably been some sloppy communication on their part that goes as far back as me placing my order tho and I'm human. I got aggravated.

I love, LOVE the speakers and don't regret the purchase at all. Going without the last few days has only reaffirmed that for me. Ascend is not on my "no buy list" or even close. I would however, caution folks that during these times they may have to deal with delays and due to short staffing communication can also be sketchy. Ultimately I do get the sense that they care. I know Dina went all out to get hold of that driver, got him to turn around and bring it back so kudos there for sure. I know how much those guys love to turn around and go back.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I love, LOVE the speakers and don't regret the purchase at all. Going without the last few days has only reaffirmed that for me. Ascend is not on my "no buy list" or even close.
@Pogre - Glad to hear you still love the Sierra Towers. I just ordered a pair of Sierra Towers with RAAL Tweeters. They should ship via UPS ground within 2-4 business days. You sold me on these. :D

I was thinking about the new BMR for $1700 but I really wanted the RAAL 70-20 and more drivers. Thank you!

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre - Glad to hear you still love the Sierra Towers. I just ordered a pair of Sierra Towers with RAAL Tweeters. They should ship via UPS ground within 2-4 business days. You sold me on these. :D

I was thinking about the new BMR for $1700 but I really wanted the RAAL 70-20 and more drivers. Thank you!
I really think you're gonna love them. When I first got them I was having trouble getting past the smaller visual impact they have compared to the Ultras and I'm positive that influenced what I was hearing. Now that I swapped the Ultras back in they look enormous! They don't sound any bigger than the Sierras tho and that stood out to me right away. Not that they sound smaller either, but with my subs in play the Sierras are just as capable of filling the room as the Ultras are. The biggest difference in performance is of course below about 35 hz. The Ultra towers are legit capable down to the low 20s in my room (-3 dB @28 hz anechoic) A moot point with my subs in play.

I'm glad I still have the Ultras to hold me over while I wait, but I am missing the Sierras, and so is my wife! I know I keep saying that, but you guys don't know. She used to not care. At all. As long as they played music she was happy and I've gotten the hairy eyeball every time I've wanted to upgrade. I feel like I have a new partner in crime now, lol.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I'm glad I still have the Ultras to hold me over while I wait, but I am missing the Sierras, and so is my wife! I know I keep saying that, but you guys don't know. She used to not care. At all. As long as they played music she was happy and I've gotten the hairy eyeball every time I've wanted to upgrade. I feel like I have a new partner in crime now, lol.
Hairy eyeball.... :D :D :D
You crack me up!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Free crack ... :D
Nah, man... That is some seriously Prime Grade AA Crack!
@Pogre paid top dollar for that crack, but had buyers remorse! F'n returned it: FOR NO CRACK!
WTF!
:rolleyes:
People just don't know!
And now VMPS is saying he got a crack free guarantee?

What in the Holy Fire trUCK is this world coming to?

Such a shame.

:confused:

:p

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You guys exploiting @Pogre pain about his crack is unacceptable. He paid hard earned money for that crack and doesn't even want it.

Shame.....shame

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not just any crack-head. Crack-king.

*twitch*

If you'll excuse me, I have a party to get ready for...

303a173feab033feb6bfe10b2080cd90.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought you had SVS Ultras? You have Ascend Acoustics now?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That'll catch you up I think, without making you go through 20 pages, lol.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

That'll catch you up I think, without making you go through 20 pages, lol.
Ok thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Damn, I would kill for a peanut butter and crack sandwich right now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis