checkout_logo_1.png

5c6cde066974f4673a385d13e8f0642f.jpg

Last edited:
M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
SVS ships fast without Delay. Just Sayin. LOL

View attachment 39320
Yes they do. And their CS is top notch and I love my subs. Didn’t ever hear the Ultras. Heard the Pinnacles, and I would have liked em a lot had I not been direct comparing them to the MA silvers. Scratch that, I did like them. Just not as much.
@ryanosaur whats this about a new line from Dennis?

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
Speaking of Dennis there were a perfect condition pair of BMRs that were put up on ‘Gon for just 1000 or so. They were gone in hours. Testament to Dennis, that. Lots of great speakers sit there the full month only to be reposted.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes they do. And their CS is top notch and I love my subs. Didn’t ever hear the Ultras. Heard the Pinnacles, and I would have liked em a lot had I not been direct comparing them to the MA silvers. Scratch that, I did like them. Just not as much.
@ryanosaur whats this about a new line from Dennis?
Since I was just looking myself, some info on Dennis' site about his return....http://philharmonicaudio.com/

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Speaking of Dennis there were a perfect condition pair of BMRs that were put up on ‘Gon for just 1000 or so. They were gone in hours. Testament to Dennis, that. Lots of great speakers sit there the full month only to be reposted.
Ha, I saw those. I was out and about, but planned to post a link to them in the "deals" forum here later that day. I didn't even get the chance.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. This is fantastic, so exciting. I can’t wait to see what his tower is going to look like aesthetic, price and spec wise. What fantastic news!
I don't think it's been answered yet, but I'm thinking WW-M-T-M. I don't think he is likely to go WMTMW just because that would add a chunk to height if he tries to get the tweeter near ear level.

He had discussed working on a project involving radar theory as a potential BMR Tower option, but I think it's too expensive for any to seriously consider. I think I did the math and it would have been 2K roughly just for the drivers. Add in some complex XO work plus the cabinets and those would likely be $5-6K per pair.

From what it sounds like, the real work being done is going to revitalize the lineup with some top notch gear. I know he has praised the SBA Ceramic Woofer quite a bit.

I know for my own project, I already have some of the Zaph Audio 5" mids to play with, but I might have to test out the Ceramic as an option. Those and the Seas Curv woofers too (another one Dennis likes).

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Not to mention the extra mileage it's going to spend bouncing around in the back of a UPS truck, increasing risk of possible mishandling or damage. I'm still being nice and understanding when talking with Dina, but my patience is wearing pretty thin.
This reminds me of internet support calls when the customer's internet is down and the provider doesn't know when it will be back on... people get use to stuff and they're not happy when it's off/gone. The damage looks like a hair line crack that is rather long. It's great Ascend is fixing it for free, some other companies I've dealt with would not cover return shipping.

Hopefully the cracking in the bamboo is a rarity. Sounds like you really miss these towers.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I know, I know. The ol' "my wife can hear the difference!" cliché...
Supposedly they hear better but in my experience it's the listening part that's for sh!t with them.

I don't like calling and bugging either.
You gotta figure that when the folks in a small operation start having their regular lives interrupted by wars, disease and death ... your speaker issues might not get the attention they would have gotten before Trump got into office and pissed off the Chinese ... wait, what was the question? :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Supposedly they hear better but in my experience it's the listening part that's for sh!t with them.

You gotta figure that when the folks in a small operation start having their regular lives interrupted by wars, disease and death ... your speaker issues might not get the attention they would have gotten before Trump got into office and pissed off the Chinese ... wait, what was the question? :D
Yeah, I know. I've been benefitting of the doubting throughout all of this. Agree with everyone else who mentioned how nice and polite Dina is. When I saw a failed delivery attempt yesterday it was close to the last straw for me (hence steam vent), but I have better perspective today.

She must have done some frantic digging to get hold of the driver and turned on the charm to get him to turn around.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I know. I've been benefitting of the doubting throughout all of this. Agree with everyone else who mentioned how nice and polite Dina is. When I saw a failed delivery attempt yesterday it was close to the last straw for me (hence steam vent), but I have better perspective today.

She must have done some frantic digging to get hold of the driver and turned on the charm to get him to turn around.
Dave and Dina are awesome to work with and I would imagine any hiccups are out of their control. Glad you got the updates you were waiting for!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
@Pogre
to be fair, you did purchase these Ascends second hand, right?

So, all difficulties aside, it does speak praise to Ascend to warranty the product rather than the original purchaser!

To me, a company that will repair a faulty product with no questions asked speaks a ton about the overall quality expectations of the product!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
@Pogre
to be fair, you did purchase these Ascends second hand, right?

So, all difficulties aside, it does speak praise to Ascend to warranty the product rather than the original purchaser!

To me, a company that will repair a faulty product with no questions asked speaks a ton about the overall quality expectations of the product!
I'm pretty sure he bought the towers new from Ascend. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's 100% understandable to get upset since we're only human.

But it seems a lot of things take much longer during COVID.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis