Yell at HawKe for Ditching the Mac Platform

JVC

JVC

Banned
jeffsg4mac............
I have played around with my friend's iBook, that has Panther on it, a lot of times. I end up so aggrevated with it, I just have to stop, before I do some physical damage to it (such as, drop it on the floor, and stomp on it)! It is much harder to find your way around in that OS.
With the OS 9 system, if you were having problems with something, 95% of the time you could toss out the prefs for what you're having the problem with, and voila.....problem fixed! That doesn't work with OSX. Also have to learn a new bunch of keyboard shortcuts. Just TOO different, for me. A lot of differences I can't remember right now. It's just not as user friendly, as it once was. And I've heard a lot of people say this. Probably the newer mac users, that don't know any better, can jump in and run with it. But, us older guys, that are used to and set into the older OS', have problems with it. As I said......I'm not the only one that feels this way. If you like OSX, then you go ahead and enjoy it. If we get a new one in the future, I guess I'll either learn it, or just stay on the pc........... :)

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
MAC Addict!!!

Hey there...I'm a MAC junkie :cool: ...always been always will be.... but I got to give it to the PC Camp the PC has come a long way :p . I'm forced to use a PC here at work...an E machine running Win 98 :mad: (I know, I know...kill me now!!!) There are cool games for the MAC...more for the PC...I don't game that much and if I do it is on my PS2.... The only reason you can't "build your own" Mac (which you can, you just need to know where to look) is because Apple is the stingy Betamax of the computer world.... almost any Mac can be upgraded or mod.... and you can use PC cases to build your own MAC for less!!! :D :cool: And a note on OS9 vs OSX...I was in the OS9 camp for a long time...I tried OSX at first and didn't like it....I had to re-learn a lot of stuff...but now I am only on OS 10.3.5....would I go back?...NOPE...I haven't had 1/100 of the problems I had with OS9...Just waiting to get my hands on Tiger :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis