Yamaha RX-V6A/TSR-700 views?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Forgot to mention that I updated to 1.31 last week. It was a mess afterward and I ran Initialization. Yeah, it wiped my settings:mad:, but it cleaned things up so I recommend doing it after the update. That buggy little f#%kin’ droid was powered down after everything checked out and will remain that way until they release more updates. Glad I picked up the Onkyo.:p

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Forgot to mention that I updated to 1.31 last week. It was a mess afterward and I ran Initialization. Yeah, it wiped my settings:mad:, but it cleaned things up so I recommend doing it after the update. That buggy little f#%kin’ droid was powered down after everything checked out and will remain that way until they release more updates. Glad I picked up the Onkyo.:p
You still having bad luck with your Yamaha? Mine still rocking on with no issues. Actually my RX-V6A is playing a lot nicer, the OSD when using setting is a lot faster. Nothing to report on my end as far as any bugs.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
All was good with the RX-V6A on 1.26 and then 1.31 was buggy. Reset the Yamaha and it seemed to fix the bugs. Don't mention that OSD. I still have nightmares about it.:eek:

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
All was good with the RX-V6A on 1.26 and then 1.31 was buggy. Reset the Yamaha and it seemed to fix the bugs. Don't mention that OSD. I still have nightmares about it.:eek:
lol, I feel ya, OSD is a lil cheesy, I don't use it much, the Web Setup is much better. Guess I lucked out after I did the updated mine was better it even fixed the 4K upscale thing that wasn't working on mine.

H

Honu1

Enthusiast
Anyone got apple tv4k and nvidia shield connected to the receiver? Mines sometimes get stuck in a loop where one tries to turn off and on.

After the update the DSP movie settings doesnt send full sound out the preamp L-R. I can get full sound out of the speaker L-R out but not the preamp L-R. Anyone else?

U

unheardof

Audiophyte
I'm new to the world of complex AVRs. Got a TSR 700 recently and have speakers installed for a 7.1.2 setup. Is there any way I can get this receiver to power all speakers (at the same time)? From what I understand, its either a 5.1.2 or a 7.1? Can any of you experts advise on what options I may have?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone got apple tv4k and nvidia shield connected to the receiver? Mines sometimes get stuck in a loop where one tries to turn off and on.

After the update the DSP movie settings doesnt send full sound out the preamp L-R. I can get full sound out of the speaker L-R out but not the preamp L-R. Anyone else?
You may want to run Initialization. Had to do it myself after the update and start over. It cleared things up for me.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I'm new to the world of complex AVRs. Got a TSR 700 recently and have speakers installed for a 7.1.2 setup. Is there any way I can get this receiver to power all speakers (at the same time)? From what I understand, its either a 5.1.2 or a 7.1? Can any of you experts advise on what options I may have?
Unfortunately, it can only power seven channels so 5.1.2 or 7.1 are your options.

S

Slockim

Audiophyte
So I just picked up the TSR-700 and I am having a frustrating time trying to get it to recognize/playback Dolby Atmos content from within certain apps on my streaming hardware devices. Here is my dilemma...the only app it will play Atmos on is Netflix! It doesn't matter if I access my services via a TiVo 4k Stream or my Nvidia Shield Pro...Netflix is the only app it will play it from. It won't pull Atmos from Vudu (UHD movies, etc), Prime (Jack Ryan..lol) and Disney +. But here's the thing...I know those apps have Atmos and work on my streaming hardware because when I plug those devices (Shield/TiVo 4k) into my Nakamichi Shockwaffe sound bar/system...I get Atmos from all those apps (content specific of course). I have applied the lastest updates (just got the receiver a cpl of days ago), have it set to Straight (and or Dolby in Decoder) 5.1.2 in the Power Amp assign...Virtual Cinema Front set to Off..speakers all wired correctly (including FP for my Atmos speakers)...but still no Atmos for anything other than Netflix! I had a Yamaha rep call me and and when we went over the settings I had...he was like...oh well, cant be the receiver then, sounds like it's fine...must be something in the metadata not coming over!! And I was like...but those 2 streaming devices have no problem passing Atmos to the Nakamichi...so I know they work! I got nothing after that! lol
Anybody else having this issue or any suggestions on how to resolve or what I may be missing/need to tweak in my settings?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
What codec is displayed on the Yamaha if not atmos/DD+, just DD+?

S

Slockim

Audiophyte
What codec is displayed on the Yamaha if not atmos/DD+, just DD+?
Yes...just DD+
(it does show Atmos/DD+ for the Netflix titles with Atmos, but for all the other apps as mentioned...just DD+)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I know you need to enable object decode mode in the Yamaha menu (at least on my 2017 Yamaha RXA2060, you do)

I use Amazon Fire Cube 4K and Apple TV 4K though, not shield or TiVo.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yes...just DD+
(it does show Atmos/DD+ for the Netflix titles with Atmos, but for all the other apps as mentioned...just DD+)
Are you connected to a 4K HDR TV? I had a Shield briefly and remember atmos not working on Disney+ when displaying SDR rather than HDR.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I had that issues, I had my Roku set to "Auto" for sound output in settings, My V6a wouldn't show Atmos or DTS-X. I went back into settings on my Roku and set it to stereo and now my AVR shows Atoms and or DTS-X. I should note that the Roku I have isn't a 4K, But My V6a does up convert sooo. ;)
01874EBB-C56E-442C-A549-C0FCC7762387.jpeg
A90E6205-68F4-453D-91D6-B78824DCF2E9.jpeg

A pic of me when I was a baby! :D:p
3E6BBB60-A1DE-449F-AA94-F21BC3713413.jpg

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sup Gmoney!:p
Doing good Brother! and you? I'm still waiting for my Stimulus money. IRS said SSDI and or SS Peeps will be getting it soon, last time I got mine the last week of the month soooo. Whats kicking on your end of the world? Hope all's good on your end.:)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Good here, listening to music after working in the yard. Gonna’ rinse off soon and have dinner. Then, it’s “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” time!:)

S

Slockim

Audiophyte
Are you connected to a 4K HDR TV? I had a Shield briefly and remember atmos not working on Disney+ when displaying SDR rather than HDR.
At the moment all my hardware (Shield Pro, TiVo 4k, etc.,) is hooked up to the yamaha receiver which in turn is connected to my HD projector...but the video format shouldn't affect the audio feed/codec... should it?! And as I mentioned, I can get Atmos in Netflix, but not the other apps I mentioned. (Thanks for the response BTW)

S

Slockim

Audiophyte
I had that issues, I had my Roku set to "Auto" for sound output in settings, My V6a wouldn't show Atmos or DTS-X. I went back into settings on my Roku and set it to stereo and now my AVR shows Atoms and or DTS-X. I should note that the Roku I have isn't a 4K, But My V6a does up convert sooo. ;)
View attachment 45787View attachment 45788
A pic of me when I was a baby! :D:p
View attachment 45790
Thanks for the response Gmoney.... I'll try tinkering with the settings on the Shield and the TiVo 4k to see if that will help (similar to what you did on your Roku)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis