Yamaha RX-V6A/TSR-700 views?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
And with The Empire gone now, who will fulfill repair orders on the little droids? The Jawas?:oops:

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I think I’m doing the same. I have a 5 year older receiver that does a better job than this and is more reliable. Can’t believe this is what it has done to but don’t feel like being a guinea pig. Wish I could says I’ll just get a Marantz or something but Onkyo is looking pretty good now. I really wanted to make this works but maybe next year. Just too many problems that should have never made it out of the factory.
@XenoChron, Go read the test results over on ASR.
loveinthehd, posted up the link in his post click on it, than box up for a return. Horrible I tell ya. Glad I sent mine back just waiting for funds to hit back in my account to order Denons 3600, Yeah I know 200 bucks more but you get a Real AVR with a whole Lot more that measures better than most Flagship AVR's.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Now read the test results over on ASR, WOW!, talk about a bottom feeder AVR! Glad I sent it back.
RX-V6 THD at 2V = 0.0275%. Not the prettiest numbers, but still inaudible. Crosstalk = 75dB @ 1kHz. Dynamic Range = 108dB. 180W x 2Ch 4 ohms (Denon X3600 is 184W x 2Ch 4 ohms 1% THD).

Last edited:
M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
He doesn't do as full a suite of tests as some would like to see....
He can't do extensive in-depth testing for video performance, he doesn't have the test equipment and specialized expertise/experience for video....

Just my $0.02... ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
He can't do extensive in-depth testing for video performance, he doesn't have the test equipment and specialized expertise/experience for video....

Just my $0.02... ;)
Yes, nor does he fully test all the audio possibilities and the audio tests are limited in scope (and at first not even all that comparable, but that's been sorting out somewhat). Still, it's useful information.

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
Yamaha CS finally got back to me after two weeks of my last question toward them. They are saying all the issues with color banding is a compatibility issue with newer TVs.

With that said, does anyone have a good recommendation on a 5.1 or 5.2 AVR? Or should I be looking at quality soundbar? Can a really good atmos soundbar even complete with a 5.1 AVR? I don’t know a lot about soundbars and don’t see how they would work good tbh.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yamaha CS finally got back to me after two weeks of my last question toward them. They are saying all the issues with color banding is a compatibility issue with newer TVs.

With that said, does anyone have a good recommendation on a 5.1 or 5.2 AVR? Or should I be looking at quality soundbar? Can a really good atmos soundbar even complete with a 5.1 AVR? I don’t know a lot about soundbars and don’t see how they would work good tbh.
Most avrs are at least 7.1 these days. I would still aim at a component setup over a soundbar. Comparing an avr to a soundbar is kinda weird as the avr has no speakers and the soundbar is largely about the built-in speakers (the electronics are somewhat trivial compared to speakers). Components give you far more flexibility as well as generally higher audio quality, particularly in the speakers.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja

Just my $0.02... ;)
The only pieces of equipment he needs to see the video issues with the Yamaha are his f#%kin' eyes. :eek:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja

Funny, they told me the color banding issue was the apple TV 4K's fault. F#%kin' Yamaha is blaming everybody but themselves for that faulty piece of s#%t.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
RX-V6 THD at 2V = 0.0275%. Not the prettiest numbers, but still inaudible. Crosstalk = 75dB @ 1kHz. Dynamic Range = 108dB. 180W x 2Ch 4 ohms (Denon X3600 is 184W x 2Ch 4 ohms 1% THD).
Ummm, you gotta point,

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Processing? Who the f#%k said anything about processing? How about just passing on the video signal without f#%kin' it up?:p
Ya think Amir has an 8k source let alone various bandwidth options or his test equipment is even up to it? Dunno....

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
@XenoChron, Go read the test results over on ASR.
loveinthehd, posted up the link in his post click on it, than box up for a return. Horrible I tell ya. Glad I sent mine back just waiting for funds to hit back in my account to order Denons 3600, Yeah I know 200 bucks more but you get a Real AVR with a whole Lot more that measures better than most Flagship AVR's.
Thanks. I'll definitely do that but thread sounds bad. :)

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
I may switch out to a Sony STR-DH790 and look at getting two more speakers in the future.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
At the $600 price point (street price), it may actually be the best value at the moment. Imo, the best looking 2020 AVR too.
I don't game or I don't believe I'll get a 8 K tv anytime soon. Plus the one I had didn't have the "banding" issues the other's had. Just wouldn't up convert to 4 K from my cable box. But I believe that may have something to do with the Future updates but I'm not sure. I put my TSR-7790 back in and it up converts to 4K from my cable box.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis