AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I downloaded and played with it. It works well for the AV but its no Logitech Harmony. I'm faster with the remote then table and the remote is easier to hold. :)
The Web-based Yamaha app (use on tablets, iPad, etc.) also allows you to modify your AVR settings. Logitech remotes cannot do that.

Actually the AV Controller App can do a lot more than the Harmony Remote. For example, I can easily look and change the Surround Sound modes, Channel levels for Dialogue and Bass, and many other things. Much better than any Universal Remote.

With a simple push of one button, I can change my Surround Mode from DSU to DTS NeuralX or Straight. With a push of a button, I can increase or decrease the channel levels of my Subwoofer and Center channel.

And I can do all this with my Yamaha in a closet with the door closed.

Can the Harmony remote do that?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
yeah it has a few other settings lets you do that’s not in the settings Menu
I said it before and I'll say it again. The Yamaha AV Controller Remote app and the Yamaha Web-based interface on iPad/Tablet is the best. The Harmony remotes are just for basic functions. No comparison to the Yamaha Remote apps in terms of the overall controls/functions.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Web-based Yamaha app (use on tablets, iPad, etc.) also allows you to modify your AVR settings. Logitech remotes cannot do that.
Wanna bet? :) I wouldnt take this bet if I were you.

What I think your trying to say is controlling the AVR without using the TV display and yes I agree with you. But thats not important to me because I'm a set and forget kind of guy.

And I can do all this with my Yamaha in a closet with the door closed.

Can the Harmony remote do that?
Its a matter of preference really . The app can doing things more easily but I can do everything with the Harmony remote. For me, the harmony remote controls every component in my system so it makes no sense to use both.

Besides, its time to come out of the closet!! ;) :p

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wanna bet? :) I wouldnt take this bet if I were you.

What I think your trying to say is controlling the AVR without using the TV display and yes I agree with you. But thats not important to me because I'm a set and forget kind of guy.

Its a matter of preference really . The app can doing things more easily but I can do everything with the Harmony remote. For me, the harmony remote controls every component in my system so it makes no sense to use both.

Besides, its time to come out of the closet!! ;) :p
Well, the Logitech Harmony is a fantastic IR Universal Remote.

I just wish everyone could offer an awesome WiFi Remote app like Yamaha. But then again, most companies aren't as awesome as Yamaha. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis