3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I almost have this unit dialed in. I got the mic stand, am and fm attennas . Will run YPAO once more using multipoint this time but excluding angles as I think this more for the ATMOS setting which I'm not configured for. I will also complete the reprogramming of the logitech remote as well. I'm glad I only have to do this once every 25 years.

One thing lacking on this AVR that the old AVR had were switched out lets. I'm not sure why Yamaha omitted this. It came in handy to power my backlighting strip whne ever I turned on the system.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I almost have this unit dialed in. I got the mic stand, am and fm attennas . Will run YPAO once more using multipoint this time but excluding angles as I think this more for the ATMOS setting which I'm not configured for. I will also complete the reprogramming of the logitech remote as well. I'm glad I only have to do this once every 25 years.

One thing lacking on this AVR that the old AVR had were switched out lets. I'm not sure why Yamaha omitted this. It came in handy to power my backlighting strip whne ever I turned on the system.
More parts = more potential of dysfunction. :D

I finally got a Logitech Harmony remote (665). Now I know why people rave about them. Programming was so easy I couldn't believe it. All I had to do was enter the model numbers. The JVC NZ3 projector just came out in December. And Logitech already has it in the program.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I use the Free free free apps! on my cell works great and the best part it’s Freeee! ;) Why pay more?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep proper implementation of these receptacles are sooo tricky :)

I finally got a Logitech Harmony remote (665). Now I know why people rave about them. Programming was so easy I couldn't believe it. All I had to do was enter the model numbers. The JVC NZ3 projector just came out in December. And Logitech already has it in the program.
Welcome aboard. They are the cat's meow..... Alex..leave it alone :)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General

Logitech 665 huh? It's only 50 bucks at BB. I've been thinking about a universal remote lately. IMO the remote for the 3060 sucks...too many small buttons. they could've easily left off a lot of the buttons and made them larger. Is there any primary functions the 665 can not do? Or can you put away the remote for your pre-amp or receiver and be done with it?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Logitech 665 huh? It's only 50 bucks at BB. I've been thinking about a universal remote lately. IMO the remote for the 3060 sucks...too many small buttons. they could've easily left off a lot of the buttons and made them larger. Is there any primary functions the 665 can not do? Or can you put away the remote for your pre-amp or receiver and be done with it?
I haven't tried every function. But I've put away the remotes for my Yamaha CX-A5100, Sony X700, JVC NX5, and JVC NZ3.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey Bro, you have the Yamaha AV Controller app on your cell?
The Yamaha AV Controller is the best Remote app I've used.

If my JVC NX5 and NZ3 (and everything else) had a WiFi remote app like the Yamaha AV Controller, I would never even think about buying a Logitech Harmony remote.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

If my JVC NX5 and NZ3 (and everything else) had a WiFi remote app like the Yamaha AV Controller, I would never even think about buying a Logitech Harmony remote.
yeah it has a few other settings lets you do that’s not in the settings Menu

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Most if not all original AVR remotes suck from all the manufacturers. You should have seen me stumbling around this past weekend settting up my daughters HT system using the remote for the RX-V1800. It was PAINFUL!!! The RX-A3060 remote sucks big kahunas too.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

I downloaded and played with it. It works well for the AV but its no Logitech Harmony. I'm faster with the remote then table and the remote is easier to hold. :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I mostly don’t use the physical remote for my RXA2060 or RXA770 or RXV681. They don’t get used much.

My firestick 4K physical remotes have the AVR volume programmed and TV and AVR power on/off together. (Most importantly my long haired boss can use it). :)

My iphone remote app can do everything else, which mostly is just changing back and forth from DSU Upmixer and Straight Modes. I also use the iPhone remote apps for firetv and Apple TV which work well too.

The Sony UHD/Blu-ray remote app is not very good. I use the physical remote. Maybe someday they will improve the Sony app.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I mostly don’t use the physical remote for my RXA2060 or RXA770 or RXV681. They don’t get used much.

My firestick 4K physical remotes have the AVR volume programmed and TV and AVR power on/off together. (Most importantly my long haired boss can use it). :)

My iphone remote app can do everything else, which mostly is just changing back and forth from DSU Upmixer and Straight Modes. I also use the iPhone remote apps for firetv and Apple TV which work well too.

The Sony UHD/Blu-ray remote app is not very good. I use the physical remote. Maybe someday they will improve the Sony app.
Exactly.... DSU Upmixer and Straight get used 98% of the time. Every now and then I use Pure Direct but never seem to use that mode for very long.

Yamaha makes nice gear and I really dig my 3060. But the design of their remotes is a little baffling to me sometimes. The remote for the 5200 processor has no input select buttons, just forward and back arrows to cycle through inputso_O I know, there is the controller app and so on, but that just seems kinda weird.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Exactly.... DSU Upmixer and straight get the Straight get used 98% of the time. Every now and then I use Pure Direct but never seem to use that mode for very long.

Yamaha makes nice gear and I really dig my 3060. But the design of their remotes is a little baffling to me sometimes. The remote for the 5200 processor has no input select buttons, just forward and back arrows to cycle through inputso_O I know, there is the controller app and so on, but that just seems kinda weird.
Hmm maybe on 5200 they expect you to set “scene” buttons for each input. I never used “scene” functions though. That seems like a hassle.

These days most inputs try to switch automatically. I push menu on firestick or Apple TV it will switch inputs to them. On my Sony players if I power them on, input switches over automatically to it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Exactly.... DSU Upmixer and straight get the Straight get used 98% of the time. Every now and then I use Pure Direct but never seem to use that mode for very long.

I agree Yamahas remote for the a1080 and up to a3080 seems like they dropped the ball. Not intuitive or lack of,

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Hmm maybe on 5200 they expect you to set “scene” buttons for each input. I never used “scene” functions though. That seems like a hassle.

These days most inputs try to switch automatically. I push menu on firestick or Apple TV it will switch inputs to them. On my Sony players if I power them on, input switches over automatically to it.
You might be right. I have not used the Scene feature either. It does seem a bit confusing to set those up. I just use 3 inputs anyway. 1 Oppo blu-ray, 2 DirectV, 3 for Roku Ultra.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
You might be right. I have not used the Scene feature either. It does seem a bit confusing to set those up. I just use 3 inputs anyway. 1 Oppo blu-ray, 2 DirectV, 3 for Roku Ultra.
For all I know, maybe scenes are prebuilt to some input mapping perhaps? I’ve never explored that. The manual is confusing on how to program them. LOL :)

I imagine the DirectTV input is old school. If you have solid internet you might try YoutubeTV app on your Roku. I like it way better than the ATT TV app (formerly Directv Now app).

Edit: Only thing is these TV apps are 2.0 on most programs so I just use DSU upmixer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis