Yamaha RX-A 80 Series Receivers Feature Artificial Intelligence

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If you haven't notice a problem to date, I don't think you have to worry. But you know that it's performance is somehow limited. :)
I don't think I'll have issues with what I'm using it for. Just the back height channels. Not demanding speakers or anything.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like the new RX-A3080 series are shipping out Aug 2nd.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Any GOOD deals that you know of? You can PM me if there are.

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Hopefully I will pickup on a nice A1060 or A1070 new now. On some sites A1060 going for under 1000.00

Mike

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hopefully I will pickup on a nice A1060 or A1070 new now. On some sites A1060 going for under 1000.00

Mike
I can do some digging. :D

But Amazon has the RX-A1070 for $1200 and A2070 for $1600.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Whaaaaat, you bought a Yamaha??? So you can do with dynamic Eq? :)
I was pleasantly surprised - one of those serendipitous events.

Probably for the past 6 or 7 years, I thought that Dynamic EQ was gold standard and could not be matched for some reasons. I have tried to match the sound without using DEQ without success for some reasons.

And then the CX-A5100 happened. Without using any kind of EQ or DSP, I was able to achieve the gold standard sound just from level matching the speaker levels and boosting the subwoofer Levels.

I have always preached against EQ/DSP for years back in my analog days.

So it is serendipitous that can say once again that I do not need any EQ/DSP to achieve great sound as before. :D

It’s no wonder why so many people have so many different POVs.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I was pleasantly surprised - one of those serendipitous events.

Probably for the past 6 or 7 years, I thought that Dynamic EQ was gold standard and could not be matched for some reasons. I have tried to match the sound without using DEQ without success for some reasons.

And then the CX-A5100 happened. Without using any kind of EQ or DSP, I was able to achieve the gold standard sound just from level matching the speaker levels and boosting the subwoofer Levels.

I have always preached against EQ/DSP for years back in my analog days.

So it is serendipitous that can say once again that I do not need any EQ/DSP to achieve great sound as before. :D

It’s no wonder why so many people have so many different POVs.
Lots of points of views and opinions out there for sure. I've had good luck with Yamaha products so far. Glad you are enjoying your new gear.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Lots of points of views and opinions out there for sure. I've had good luck with Yamaha products so far. Glad you are enjoying your new gear.
I confess that my original intention was to give the Yamaha a try and totally dislike it since it doesn't have DEQ, then buy the Marantz Pre-pro. So I was biased against Yamaha from the start. :D

But seeing is believing.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I confess that my original intention was to give the Yamaha a try and totally dislike it since it doesn't have DEQ, then buy the Marantz Pre-pro. So I was biased against Yamaha from the start. :D

But seeing is believing.
Glad it didn’t go that way. Would have been like 3000 posts bashing Yamaha. I really like my 2060. LOL. :)

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I really like Yamaha’s manual EQ adjustments.
I don’t use the sound fields for music. I did try out a few like “Club” was pretty cool. I got the TSR 7790 picked it up for 299 + 9.99 for shipping I have now from A4L. Done 4 updates on it via wireless with my cell phone all went painlessly. Thing is I like the unit, Son has the A1050 loves it, his is I think about 4 years old has had no problems at all with it. The reason I will upgrade and would be happy with either A1050 up to A3070 they are so well built. I have said cause their units are 4 Ohm rated just for L/R mains would hold me off but since I have a Multi channel 200 X 5 amp is pretty much irrelevant.

Mike

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General

But seeing is believing.
Do you use the "Through" mode? (No eq at all) Also have you tried the "Extra Bass" feature? Just curious.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Glad it didn’t go that way. Would have been like 3000 posts bashing Yamaha. I really like my 2060. LOL. :)
LOL. :D

Yeah, you're right. It could have been 3000 posts bashing Yamaha. :D

But instead, it became 3000 posts praising Yamaha. And to top it all off, I became a dealer for Yamaha. I think that's worth a little bit. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Do you use the "Through" mode? (No eq at all) Also have you tried the "Extra Bass" feature? Just curious.
Yes, Through Mode to bypass YPAO.

I have tried Extra Bass Mode in Straight DSP Mode. It didn't do anything for my system. I set all speakers to Small and XO to 120 Hz, so all the bass goes to the Subwoofers.

Extra Bass is for full range towers + subwoofers so that the bass goes to both subwoofers + front main L/R speakers.

I may have 5 big 61" towers, but they are configured as bookshelf + subs.

My SVT Towers are also configured as bookshelf + subs.

Gene configures his 8T's as a single tower, instead of bookshelf + subs.

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I saw an online retailer selling the RX-A1070 and RX-A1080 for $1199.99, the main difference is the 1080 has the AI feature and I don't think the 1070 does.

F

frans callebaut

Audioholic Intern
hello,
i have a yamaha cx-a 5100. does anyone know one or more reasons to buy the cx- a 5200 ? ( AI for example, whatever that may be ).
best regards,
frans callebaut

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
hello,
i have a yamaha cx-a 5100. does anyone know one or more reasons to buy the cx- a 5200 ? ( AI for example, whatever that may be ).
best regards,
frans callebaut
I see no reason to.

The CX-A5200 seems to be almost identical to the 5100.

The CX-A5200 and the Yamaha RX-A1080, 2080, and 3080 AVR get the new "Artificial Intelligent Surround Sound" which aims to "enhance" sound intelligibility and presence. Some people like it, some don't.

Personally, I would turn off about 99% of the features on these machines from all brands anyway. :D

The DACs have different parts numbers, but both versions are flagships and are the same in performance.

All the main features (HDMI 2.0/ HDCP 2.2, 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) and BT.2020, 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos, DSU, DTSX) appear to be the same.

I think the CX-A5200 gets a 2nd WiFi antenna for improved WiFi distance/reception. :D

Last edited:
M

Madmaxz

Audiophyte
I have had the 3050, 3060 , 3070 , and now the 3080 in the same room / setup. What i have noticed the most is every model year ypao does a better job with the auto configuration , i dont know what exacly they are doing differnet but every model has sounded pretty significantly better specificly the bass management and overall surround cohesiveness another thing i noticed going from 3060 to 3070 then 80 i was never a huge 9 channel listener with music mostly 2 ch stereo but 9ch stereo on the 3080 sounds really pretty damn good to me. Especially with good quality live recordings specifically lossless stuff from nugs.net
C911A1DD-108A-493A-8D9A-9BCC4540B15B.jpeg

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have had the 3050, 3060 , 3070 , and now the 3080 in the same room / setup. What i have noticed the most is every model year ypao does a better job with the auto configuration , i dont know what exacly they are doing differnet but every model has sounded pretty significantly better specificly the bass management and overall surround cohesiveness another thing i noticed going from 3060 to 3070 then 80 i was never a huge 9 channel listener with music mostly 2 ch stereo but 9ch stereo on the 3080 sounds really pretty damn good to me. Especially with good quality live recordings specifically lossless stuff from nugs.netView attachment 26154
Wow. A lot of money to upgrade the flagship model that often. :D

Did you compare 9CH vs Dolby Surround (DSU) vs Neural:X (DTSNX)?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis