Yamaha Receivers Problem with Net Radio

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I wanted to post this in case anybody else is having problems with internet radio on their Yamaha receiver. I had been getting the dreaded "Please Wait" message when trying to access internet radio. So I called Yamaha this morning and they said it is a Yamaha system wide issue that they are working on. So if it's happening with you, it's not your unit, it's Yamaha and they're trying to fix it!

Attachments

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I wanted to post this in case anybody else is having problems with internet radio on their Yamaha receiver. I had been getting the dreaded "Please Wait" message when trying to access internet radio. So I called Yamaha this morning and they said it is a Yamaha system wide issue that they are working on. So if it's happening with you, it's not your unit, it's Yamaha and they're trying to fix it!
My 2060 is working with Net Radio right now.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm listening to "Mr. Sandman" by The Puppini Sisters, on Legends 100.3 FM on my RX-A1020 Net radio. I'm making a wild guess, maybe your internet provider is pushing out bug fixes, updates, etc, which can cause delays and interruptions. With the new year I've already had internet interruption.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Mine is working now too:cool: Yamaha said it was their issue. Not sure, but I'm glad it's back any case.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
RX-A3000 owner here and the Net radio function just stopped working yesterday. I haven't made any firmware upgrades in over 3 months, rebooted my router and still nothing. What's frustrating is that the WAC (web access control) is working fine to the AVR and I can change the input, volume, etc. but I keep getting a "NO CONTENT" failure notice on the NET RADIO input. This has happened before and the feature all of a sudden will return and work just fine. :mad:

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Mine was working perfectly on my cxa5100, until yesterday... I wish I had seen this post. I tried everything including a factory reset to get it working again. This morning I tried, and it showed bookmarks, but then when I click on them it says no content.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Two things, firmware update or slow internet.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Yamaha is one of the best at customer service. Are they perfect 100% of the time, no, no one is,

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Now it is working, but funky...it is very slow to load, and when I click on bookmarks to go and change a station, at says No music.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Yamaha is one of the best at customer service. Are they perfect 100% of the time, no, no one is,
Agree.

I also did a hard reset on my router and it still is coming up with "Not Connected" ... I misstated previously that it read "No Content". I'll probably check to see if there's a new firmware before calling next week.

BTW, I noticed that he VTuner web site page was super slow to load too.

Ah the joys of the intergoogle. o_O

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief

Give me a break. I’m part of that LESS than 100% group. Guess having 3 Yamaha receivers doesn’t matter.

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Give me a break. I’m part of that LESS than 100% group. Guess having 3 Yamaha receivers doesn’t matter.
Yamahas customer service rating is way above 90%. Sometime you can get a lemon too bad they don't have a lemon law for AVR's

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Yamahas customer service rating is way above 90%. Sometime you can geist a lemon too bad you don't have a lemon law for AVR's

So? When it happens to you it’s 100%. Who Ever doing the ratings never called me. Where did you get that figure?

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
So? When it happens to you it’s %
Now that's a loaded question you just asked. I have had gear crap out on me new and used. The way I look at it, I sell it off, return it if possible or take my lost. I had a crock pot I had not out of warranty it crapped out. I junked it in the garbage went and got a new one. The shipping alone was just about half of what I paid for the one that crapped out.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I can't speak to the survey percentage but the 3 or 4 times I've called Yamaha tech support since 1998 they've been very helpful, without being condescending, even when the model is out of warranty.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Two things, firmware update or slow internet.
Firmware is up to date. And I get 300mb of download speed, so that's definitely not it. I check my speed pretty often and I get at least 150mb, consistently

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Completely agree with you. Yamaha is good at Customer service, you may have to wait on hold for a while, but that seems the case with everybody

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
OK this is bizarre. Went into Advanced Setup/Firmware/Network and it quickly verified the firmware ... I'm assuming it already has the latest firmware since there wasn't any progress display ... and prompted to turn the main power off. When I turned the power back on and set the input to Net Radio, the feature is working.

Go figure!

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
OK this is bizarre. Went into Advanced Setup/Firmware/Network and it quickly verified the firmware ... I'm assuming it already has the latest firmware since there wasn't any progress display ... and prompted to turn the main power off. When I turned the power back on and set the input to Net Radio, the feature is working.

Go figure!
I have had the net radio drop off on me. All of my saved favorite channels gone. Turn the AVR off and back on all would be back. My Yamaha isn't a new one or a top of the line. That's the only issue I've ever had with my AVR. I have had some type of issue with every AVR I have owned. From totally crapping out to small issues like the net radio thing on the AVR I have now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis