Yamaha Presence vs Atmos - Physical Placement

S

shadowoflight

Audiophyte
Here's my confusion with the setup.

I understand they're different implementations, but it seems like from everything I read, you can use Yamaha's Presence placement (2 front height and 2 rear height) to play atmos tracks, even though atmos 'official' placement guidelines is to place speakers in the ceiling?

Based on Audioholic's old yamaha A2040 review, he basically used the yamaha presence setup for atmos yes?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

I understand they're different implementations, but it seems like from everything I read, you can use Yamaha's Presence placement (2 front height and 2 rear height) to play atmos tracks, even though atmos 'official' placement guidelines is to place speakers in the ceiling?

Based on Audioholic's old yamaha A2040 review, he basically used the yamaha presence setup for atmos yes?
Yes I’m using front and rear height speakers for Atmos on my Yamaha RXA2060 and it works great.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

So you have a link to the review?
Basically yes, you can use those locations but IIRC Yamaha has them placed outside of the mains. You will get better results by placing them in line with the mains or slightly inside of them depending on room configuration, and also go as high as you can, considering a normal 8-10’ ceiling.

S

shadowoflight

Audiophyte
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis