Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
I know the feeling about going from zero meds a day to around 9 following my week in the hospital to find out my heart is only half there.
Although I've avoided the financial burden by keeping myself poor enough to get my 2500 dollars a month of meds at no cost to me. (Entestro (4 a day) and Jardiance is damn expensive)
It's pretty sobering to find out I'm not invincible anymore.
(and that the gear I have has to last!)

Back to Yamaha....really loved my CR 1020 and NS-500's way back when.
I feel you man. Back in my 50's was 195 lbs had those Popeye looking arms from my days in the oilfield, no meds. Now 66, not broke up, but not feeling like I was in my 50's. Oh I could get that Rotel 1580 MKII, which I like very much. But 5k Yikes! Sure Marantz or Denon, all I need is 7 channels max. Like you stated gear needs to last! But then I don't wanna be on my deathbed going, ohh man I should have got that Rotel 1580 MKII.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I feel you man. Back in my 50's was 195 lbs had those Popeye looking arms from my days in the oilfield, no meds. Now 66, not broke up, but not feeling like I was in my 50's. Oh I could get that Rotel 1580 MKII, which I like very much. But 5k Yikes! Sure Marantz or Denon, all I need is 7 channels max. Like you stated gear needs to last! But then I don't wanna be on my deathbed going, ohh man I should have got that Rotel 1580 MKII.
I would love to have Luxman stuff again...I used to sell the line that was available from our Alpine rep.

At almost 68 I also would like to be able to do the stuff I used to do, like carrying 200lb speakers (red oak over MDF with 15 inch woofers and internal sub enclosures) I built around 1987 up and down stairs myself and didn't think anything of it.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
I would love to have Luxman stuff again...I used to sell the line that was available from our Alpine rep.

At almost 68 I also would like to be able to do the stuff I used to do, like carrying 200lb speakers (red oak over MDF with 15 inch woofers and internal sub enclosures) I built around 1987 up and down stairs myself and didn't think anything of it.
So true now, Luxman is in the league of Pass Lab, awesome gear. Thank you for sharing this. You still on the East coast? I'm way down South. Out side of my Sons that have 5.1 and 7.2 setups no one I know has anything other than a TV and and maybe a blu-ray player and maybe a soundbar.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
So true now, Luxman is in the league of Pass Lab, awesome gear. Thank you for sharing this. You still on the East coast? I'm way down South. Out side of my Sons that have 5.1 and 7.2 setups no one I know has anything other than a TV and and maybe a blu-ray player and maybe a soundbar.
Still Pittsburgh area.
Hi Fi nuts are a dying breed it seems....I have contact with no one anymore that does what all of us here do.
Phones have destroyed civilization !! :)

B

bizzibee

Audiophyte
Which sucks because we know Yamaha has the resources to release new products every few years. Now is the time to get a new processor out.
I honesty think Yamaha must be going to wait until the HDMI 2.1 Chipsets fully support 48Gbps and without any issues or thermal problems. But I do hope they remove the tiny LCD screen and replace it with something larger on the new models. I really can't read the LCD display on our RX-A6A in our family room and I'm not sitting that far away from it. Have no issues reading the big display on our RX-A3080 in the Home Cinema room and the sitting positions are much further away. The tiny display is a fail in my opinion. Yes I am almost 63, and this was without my distance glasses....LOL

I also think I read somewhere that Yamaha stated that the RX-AxA & RX-VxA AVR Products would be long term products. Meaning there wouldn't be any annual model updates that we have come custom to. But do you think I can remember where I read this. The only thing I came remember was it related to the use of the Qualcomm. That being the single Qualcomm quad-core QCS407 with almost seven times the processing power of those in previous models.

I don't know the time context of Yamaha's statement that the RX-AxA & RX-VxA AVR Products would be long term products. But things may change over time. Yamaha initially intended to support QMS (Quick Media Switching) within the HDMI 2.1 specification. However, Yamaha later discovered that their new HDMI 2.1 AVR models cannot be updated to support QMS via firmware. That being due to an unforeseen hardware limitation caused by QMS specification change in HDMI 2.1a.

So Yamaha's release timetable for the RX-AxB & RX-VxB AVR Products may be brought forward because of the QMS. But I have a feeling they are just going to wait for HDMI 2.1 Chipsets to fully support 48Gbps without any issues.

I'm not sure Yamaha will ever support DIRAC. They have stated in the past that they only support YPOA, and that YPOA was tightly integrated into their Cinema DSP, and it is not possible to separate the two. I don't think this as directly in relation to DIRAC, but othering other Room Correction Systems apart from YPOA. I guess what they mean it would be too much work as they would have to start again. But they could if selecting DIRAC etc instead of YPOA disabled the use of their Cinema DSP. But perhaps they are not prepared to do that.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I honesty think Yamaha must be going to wait until the HDMI 2.1 Chipsets fully support 48Gbps and without any issues or thermal problems. But I do hope they remove the tiny LCD screen and replace it with something larger on the new models. I really can't read the LCD display on our RX-A6A in our family room and I'm not sitting that far away from it. Have no issues reading the big display on our RX-A3080 in the Home Cinema room and the sitting positions are much further away. The tiny display is a fail in my opinion. Yes I am almost 63, and this was without my distance glasses....LOL

I also think I read somewhere that Yamaha stated that the RX-AxA & RX-VxA AVR Products would be long term products. Meaning there wouldn't be any annual model updates that we have come custom to. But do you think I can remember where I read this. The only thing I came remember was it related to the use of the Qualcomm. That being the single Qualcomm quad-core QCS407 with almost seven times the processing power of those in previous models.

I don't know the time context of Yamaha's statement that the RX-AxA & RX-VxA AVR Products would be long term products. But things may change over time. Yamaha initially intended to support QMS (Quick Media Switching) within the HDMI 2.1 specification. However, Yamaha later discovered that their new HDMI 2.1 AVR models cannot be updated to support QMS via firmware. That being due to an unforeseen hardware limitation caused by QMS specification change in HDMI 2.1a.

So Yamaha's release timetable for the RX-AxB & RX-VxB AVR Products may be brought forward because of the QMS. But I have a feeling they are just going to wait for HDMI 2.1 Chipsets to fully support 48Gbps without any issues.

I'm not sure Yamaha will ever support DIRAC. They have stated in the past that they only support YPOA, and that YPOA was tightly integrated into their Cinema DSP, and it is not possible to separate the two. I don't think this as directly in relation to DIRAC, but othering other Room Correction Systems apart from YPOA. I guess what they mean it would be too much work as they would have to start again. But they could if selecting DIRAC etc instead of YPOA disabled the use of their Cinema DSP. But perhaps they are not prepared to do that.
Good point about waiting for HDMI 2.1 chipsets.

As for Dirac, I think they would consider it an insult to their own engineers if they went with Dirac over YPOA. So I just don’t see them going to Dirac either. But Yamaha is the largest sound company in the world, so they can do whatever they feel like doing - that includes surprising us. :D

E

EBN

Audioholic
Good point about waiting for HDMI 2.1 chipsets.

As for Dirac, I think they would consider it an insult to their own engineers if they went with Dirac over YPOA. So I just don’t see them going to Dirac either. But Yamaha is the largest sound company in the world, so they can do whatever they feel like doing - that includes surprising us. :D
As a dealer can you make few calls to Yamaha reps do they have any new products for us next month at Cedia/IFA? This silence is not good. At least 2020 RX-V and A2A models getting refreshed with 40Gbps hdmi boards. :rolleyes:

@gene should do YT interview with Phil Shea what is the company`s future plans. AV-Processor was coming 2021, but maybe they went back to drawing board seeing competition with 15.4 units. YPAO isn´t exciting for expensive av-product as some affordable Onkyo & Pioneer comes with free DL already and Yamaha knows this. Many customers look information from internet/forums these days and room eq`s are hottest topic. YPAO won´t get any love. Phil Shea said something about Yamaha testing class-d amps in 2021. Hopefully we would see those sooner than later in full sized avr`s. You can fry eggs on top with some of these current 11ch units. Upcoming NAD T799 looks interesting. Until you see the price tag...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As a dealer can you make few calls to Yamaha reps do they have any new products for us next month at Cedia/IFA? This silence is not good. At least 2020 RX-V and A2A models getting refreshed with 40Gbps hdmi boards. :rolleyes:

@gene should do YT interview with Phil Shea what is the company`s future plans. AV-Processor was coming 2021, but maybe they went back to drawing board seeing competition with 15.4 units. YPAO isn´t exciting for expensive av-product as some affordable Onkyo & Pioneer comes with free DL already and Yamaha knows this. Many customers look information from internet/forums these days and room eq`s are hottest topic. YPAO won´t get any love. Phil Shea said something about Yamaha testing class-d amps in 2021. Hopefully we would see those sooner than later in full sized avr`s. You can fry eggs on top with some of these current 11ch units. Upcoming NAD T799 looks interesting. Until you see the price tag...
Nobody knows anything. :D

All powerful King Yamaha not spilling any beans to smallfolk. :D

Last edited:
E

EBN

Audioholic
Nobody knows anything. :D

All powerful King Yamaha not spilling any beans to smallfolk. :D
So annoying! Leak something and get the hype train going Yamaha!

I noticed this at AVSForum. I don´t live at States, but i hope this would mean something new is behind the corner! Please don´t say this type of sale is usual for Aventage models. :confused:

Adorama has the Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A8A 11.2-Channel AV Receiver with MusicCast on sale for $3000 - $1400 off with coupon code AUGU0924 in cart = $1600 with free shipping. Was $3,500.00 USD. 54% saving.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis