Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

E

EBN

Audioholic
When will we see a new pre pro? the 5200 is over due for a upgrade.
Phil Shea from Yamaha said "coming later" in the video with Gene. That was in 2021. :D They surely taking their time.

We should see new RX-V / A2A entry level models next as those came around 2020 with the 24gbps hdmi 2.1 limitation which won´t help with sales. They should ditch the RX-A2A model as it lacks full set of pre-outs which we had in RX-V781. We can live without the 5th foot! Currently Marantz Cinema 70 is the cheapest avr with full set of pre-outs with ability to turn internal amps off. This can´t be so expensive to implement? So many are looking affordable avr with preouts.

I`m hoping Yamaha is considering doing the same as D&M offering the option to add Dirac Live for their higher end products so regular Joes can keep using the easy auto setup with YPAO and more demanding customers like @PENG will want to have something more effective with DL. Who wants to pay 4000$ for pre-pro with YPAO in 2024? :confused: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Pioneer, NAD all can be had with DL.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Phil Shea from Yamaha said "coming later" in the video with Gene. That was in 2021. :D They surely taking their time.

We should see new RX-V / A2A entry level models next as those came around 2020 with the 24gbps hdmi 2.1 limitation which won´t help with sales. They should ditch the RX-A2A model as it lacks full set of pre-outs which we had in RX-V781. We can live without the 5th foot! Currently Marantz Cinema 70 is the cheapest avr with full set of pre-outs with ability to turn internal amps off. This can´t be so expensive to implement? So many are looking affordable avr with preouts.

I`m hoping Yamaha is considering doing the same as D&M offering the option to add Dirac Live for their higher end products so regular Joes can keep using the easy auto setup with YPAO and more demanding customers like @PENG will want to have something more effective with DL. Who wants to pay 4000$ for pre-pro with YPAO in 2024? :confused: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Pioneer, NAD all can be had with DL.
Agreed, however, at least Yamaha gives you the option to use your own PEQ that could be copied over. I wish Anthem would do the same, even if they don't offer a pay option like Masimo's, to use DL. Of course Anthem is just too proud of their own. Yamaha too, but as a huge corporation it is much easier for them to swallow their pride, unlike Anthem's small team.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Finally have been able to use Musiccast and Qobuz in Canada. But don't see anything better or different from Amazon Music

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
They are both quality services and there should not really be a difference between them playing two channel music over MusicCast. Streaming Amazon Music Unlimited using certain Amazon streaming devices connected to your Yamaha will get you their Dolby Atmos tracks as well.

R

rana_kirti

Enthusiast
Yamaha 2024 range, A8B, A6B, A4B 2024 announcement...!!??

Now that the current Yamaha have been around for 3 yrs which is a eternity in the AVR world, how soon should we expect the announcement of the 2024 models?

Will they showcase same at CES 2024?

Excited and looking forward to what Yamaha brings in the new series....!!!

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Maybe @AcuDefTechGuy knows something? I believe he was awarded 10k for the naming Yamaha's new Aventage line. Didn't share any of that award with the friend that gave him the idea of naming the new Aventage line, A2A,A4A and so on. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe @AcuDefTechGuy knows something? I believe he was awarded 10k for the naming Yamaha's new Aventage line. Didn't share any of that award with the friend that gave him the idea of naming the new Aventage line, A2A,A4A and so on. :D
HaHa. :D

I have not seen any dealer emails on the new Yamaha's.

Yamaha sure has been quiet lately. I've seen Marantz releasing the Cinema 30 AVR soon and Denon releasing the X6800. But heard absolutely nothing about Yamaha releasing any new models of AVRs or AVP yet.

C'mon Yamaha! :D

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Me seeing my current A8A about 1000CAD more expensive today than when I bought it... Best purchase ever XD
Would be curious about what improvements can be brought to the table.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Me seeing my current A8A about 1000CAD more expensive today than when I bought it... Best purchase ever XD
Would be curious about what improvements can be brought to the table.
Wow. The MSRP for the A8A is $3K in the USA.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
HaHa. :D

I have not seen any dealer emails on the new Yamaha's.

Yamaha sure has been quiet lately. I've seen Marantz releasing the Cinema 30 AVR soon and Denon releasing the X6800. But heard absolutely nothing about Yamaha releasing any new models of AVRs or AVP yet.

C'mon Yamaha! :D
:D ;)

O

ozzy_djman

Audiophyte
Using MusicCast, nothing seems to sound better than Qobuz. Hi-res via Qobuz is supported in MusicCast. As was mentioned, Amazon Music hi-res is also supported and sounds great.

Airplay 2 supports up to 24/48 BUT, Apple Music will only output 16/44.1 when using it playing Hi-Res tracks from Apple Music. Interestingly, Amazon Music hi-res will go over Airplay 2 up to 24/48 depending on the source device used for playback.

Tidal is a mixed bag like others based on the service tier and source device used for playback. Just because a service supports hi-res doesn’t mean it will be available for playback on any given device. Just ask Apple Music users.

I’m not convinced hi-res sounds any better than good 16/44.1 these day but I also don’t like devices converting signals for output for one reason or another during playback.

View attachment 64045
That’s exactly what I found through my experience as well.

O

ozzy_djman

Audiophyte
There is actually no difference to be heard between 16 bit/44.1 kHz and 24 bit/96 kHz.
I’m sorry but I completely disagree with you. There’s a massive difference if you have the right speakers, system. The depth, textures, clarity, are very noticeably different.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’m sorry but I completely disagree with you. There’s a massive difference if you have the right speakers, system. The depth, textures, clarity, are very noticeably different.
What’s an example of “the right speakers, system”?

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Any fact basis to your statement you have? or it didn't happen.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Any fact basis to your statement you have? or it didn't happen.
Perception can't be fact, and music is all about perception.
That said I won't say it's a massive difference :D
On some 192khz, 24bit Melody Gardot album vs the 44.1khz 16bit, I was able to hear a difference on "some" piano specific notes when 120% focused on that, but "massive"... ahem

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I don’t remember if I already asked : is it possible to get the amp to automatically switch to auro 3D when input is stereo and to Dolby when the input is Atmos ?

N

NMG

Enthusiast
Wouldn’t mind a new pre pro to go with my MX-A5200. Currently using my Anthem MRX 720. Works just fine but a brand match would be nice, LOL

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis