Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
G'day hoping this is the right page to ask.... I have RX A6A for B&W surrounds, Rotel Power amp for B&W front speakers.. I can't get the Amplifier to play back 24/192 files from my server. I know that Tidal doesn't play master through the MusicCast app and Apple TV4K has audio streaming limits as well. HOW do I get the higher bitrate audio to play properly please. Cheers ;)
Amplifier has nothing to do with playing particular files really, it just amplifies what your gear sends to it. Tidal and mqa is just garbage to begin with. What is all the gear involved and how is it connected?

O

ozzy_djman

Audiophyte
G'day, thanks for replying. Yamaha RX A6A Amp, Rotel 1552 power amp, 4 x B&W 702 floor speakers (front/back), 2 x Tannoy Mercury (front presence), 2 x B&W PV1 subwoofers, Synology NAS server, Apple TV 4K. I have a huge library of 24/96 & 24/192 FLAC music I've collected and want to play the files at their best rate to get the most out of the speakers but I just can't seem to figure it out. Thank you

O

ozzy_djman

Audiophyte
Amplifier has nothing to do with playing particular files really, it just amplifies what your gear sends to it. Tidal and mqa is just garbage to begin with. What is all the gear involved and how is it connected?
ALSO MAAAAAAAAAAAASSSIVE Pink Floyd fan (just saw your profile pic)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
WHAAAAAAAT :eek:;)
Yeah, doesn't make much sense in later years :) Same with an ELP show. OTOH I did actually work with quite a few great bands back then and usually could attend any show I wanted and worked with many of the major acts....

O

ozzy_djman

Audiophyte
SO I just canceled the TIDAL account and purchased a Qubuz Studio account. That has fixed the streaming audio issue. NOW I just have to figure out why the Synology NAS server is capping the bitrate I'm thinking?

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
SO I just canceled the TIDAL account and purchased a Qubuz Studio account. That has fixed the streaming audio issue. NOW I just have to figure out why the Synology NAS server is capping the bitrate I'm thinking?
You probably need a streamer that will support lossless files via SMB. Something like a Bluesound NODE or a Roon server (or both).

M

McRibHunter

Audiophyte
Anyone else YPAO just kills the bass? Ive been tweaking..doesnt seem right

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
You might wanna describe your setup and room, measurements if you have them, because generally REQ helps bass, not hurts it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
RC may “kill the bass” because they aim to FLATTEN the FR, while many people prefer their bass to be HOT +3dB, +6dB, +9dB.

So just manually increase the bass trims and/or boost the sub’s PEQ.

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Spent the morning trying to get any streaming service to work with high res audio. The only service that works with MusicCast is AmazonMusic. Got 192/96kHz/24bit FLAC then did back and forth with Airplay AppleMusic.
I am sad, it actually makes a very obvious difference. Surprised that Tidal only works in 44.1kHz/16bit with MusicCast.
What is your take/experience on high res music ?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The only high-res music I have is about 140 SACD, and that is for the multichannel part and not high-res as such. That beats stereo.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Spent the morning trying to get any streaming service to work with high res audio. The only service that works with MusicCast is AmazonMusic. Got 192/96kHz/24bit FLAC then did back and forth with Airplay AppleMusic.
I am sad, it actually makes a very obvious difference. Surprised that Tidal only works in 44.1kHz/16bit with MusicCast.
My take is that if the ORIGINAL music is awesome, then it doesn’t matter if it’s 192/24 vs 44/16 when volume matched.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
There is actually no difference to be heard between 16 bit/44.1 kHz and 24 bit/96 kHz.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Using MusicCast, nothing seems to sound better than Qobuz. Hi-res via Qobuz is supported in MusicCast. As was mentioned, Amazon Music hi-res is also supported and sounds great.

Airplay 2 supports up to 24/48 BUT, Apple Music will only output 16/44.1 when using it playing Hi-Res tracks from Apple Music. Interestingly, Amazon Music hi-res will go over Airplay 2 up to 24/48 depending on the source device used for playback.

Tidal is a mixed bag like others based on the service tier and source device used for playback. Just because a service supports hi-res doesn’t mean it will be available for playback on any given device. Just ask Apple Music users.

I’m not convinced hi-res sounds any better than good 16/44.1 these day but I also don’t like devices converting signals for output for one reason or another during playback.

IMG_4303.jpeg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Practically a carbon copy, either way.... neither of them looks good to me. I hope my RX A3060 doesn't have to be replaced for a long time.. And when it does, I just might look for an RX A3080 refurb, lol
Same here. I also have a 2060 and a 1060. I dont want to replace any of them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis