Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Hey bro ment to tell you,cool Avatar name. We have this sports radio channel 103.7 the game. Anyways Jim Rome does a radio call in talk show. And yep, he has this segment where during his show he gets his clones to call in and sports shop. Gotta bunch of Clone's that call in. One of my favorite take shows to listen to over the FM radio in my truck it stays on that channel.
Mine actually comes from back in the day when you either had an IBM computer or a clone...lol

L

LOUISCOOLBOY

Audiophyte
I have the RX-A6A, and i hate to report that i'm having the same issue that OldAndSlowDev has after the firmware update, audio would switch to TV speaker a few seconds later. The firmware update notice pops up when i was getting ready to watch a movie with my wife and the kid....., what a great time to ruin it..
I'm hoping Yamaha gets this fix soon, or i'll be looking to switch to the Onkyo....

D

Dezed

Enthusiast
I have the RX-A6A, and i hate to report that i'm having the same issue that OldAndSlowDev has after the firmware update, audio would switch to TV speaker a few seconds later. The firmware update notice pops up when i was getting ready to watch a movie with my wife and the kid....., what a great time to ruin it..
I'm hoping Yamaha gets this fix soon, or i'll be looking to switch to the Onkyo....
Uhh did you see the solution posted minutes later? Reboot your TV (hard reboot, or a power cycle) to reinitiate HDMI handshake. As if switching to Onkyo or Denon will magically fix hdmi issues…

L

LOUISCOOLBOY

Audiophyte
Uhh did you see the solution posted minutes later? Reboot your TV (hard reboot, or a power cycle) to reinitiate HDMI handshake. As if switching to Onkyo or Denon will magically fix hdmi issues…
No, i didn't see the solution until now, but anyway, the issue seems to be gone now and is working properly after turning everything off for a couple of hours, i didn't do any reboot though.
I have 2 older Onkyo receivers (that i hadn't have issue with) before i got my first Yamaha receiver because it has Auro 3D, and it's given me some of the issues that were mentioned here in this thread, and the firmware update that took forever.... I guess it's the bad impression i got from it that make me want to go back to Onkyo, but you're right, i totally agree with you, given the trend that most of these modern electronics are going with fixing the issues later via firmware update...., i hate it, but there's nothing i can do about it.
I guess that i won't update any firmware right away from now on, and rather wait a while and check here first to see if there's any issue with any future firmware update before i do it.

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
No, i didn't see the solution until now, but anyway, the issue seems to be gone now and is working properly after turning everything off for a couple of hours, i didn't do any reboot though.
I have 2 older Onkyo receivers (that i hadn't have issue with) before i got my first Yamaha receiver because it has Auro 3D, and it's given me some of the issues that were mentioned here in this thread, and the firmware update that took forever.... I guess it's the bad impression i got from it that make me want to go back to Onkyo, but you're right, i totally agree with you, given the trend that most of these modern electronics are going with fixing the issues later via firmware update...., i hate it, but there's nothing i can do about it.
I guess that i won't update any firmware right away from now on, and rather wait a while and check here first to see if there's any issue with any future firmware update before i do it.
Happy to learn it fixes itself just by powering everything off for some time. On my side I did a reset on the tv that totally solved the issue. Hdmi is really the worst standard ever.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Happy to learn it fixes itself just by powering everything off for some time. On my side I did a reset on the tv that totally solved the issue. Hdmi is really the worst standard ever.
Pile of features, not a standard. If it had been a standard, it would have worked the same across all devices, with no issues as described above.

M

mtangh

Audiophyte
Installed the latest firmware in A6A.
So if source is not auro3d, should we choose auro 3d or surround option. How do we select what strength to use?

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Before doing reset to TV and/or AVR and lose your settings you could try turning off both units and unplug the HDMI cable from the TV (I guess it is easier than unplugging it from the AVR) and plug it back. This fixes no sound issue I get sporadically when watching TV only with my A4A. If this works it will save you a lot of hassle redoing all the setting on both units.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Before doing reset to TV and/or AVR and lose your settings you could try turning off both units and unplug the HDMI cable from the TV (I guess it is easier than unplugging it from the AVR) and plug it back. This fixes no sound issue I get sporadically when watching TV only with my A4A. If this works it will save you a lot of hassle redoing all the setting on both units.
I will next time. But it’s always fun to see my cats becoming crazy when I run YPAO

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Do you guys think the A4A would be enough to power B&W 705's?
Yes :)
I used for years a Yamaha Pianocraft that is able to output like 40W under 6Ohms to drive a pair of 704... Believe or not it was sounding better than my Denon AVC-A1D that was capable of 140W

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Another thing that changed from previous firmware : my PC is seeing the amp, not the TV (I mean when I am going into audio settings/output, it's now RX-A8A instead of the Samsung QN90A that is displayed)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Another thing that changed from previous firmware : my PC is seeing the amp, not the TV (I mean when I am going into audio settings/output, it's now RX-A8A instead of the Samsung QN90A that is displayed)
That is a nice change. I bugged Yamaha about that last year because it was bugging me.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Guess I've been lucky, with A4A. No issues out the box, no issues with two updates. Reading some of the issues some are having would drive me. Really guy's I haven't had anything happen. The best thing no CEC issues, no delays when switching sources with audio or video. Anyone has the new Onkyo line yet? Any word on the Z50?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
So all's good to go with your A8A?

D

Dezed

Enthusiast
For me this update has restored confidence in Yamaha. As long as we report the issues we have and they are reproducible they will probably get fixed. Time to formally report the Dolby atmos on PC gaming issue.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
For me this update has restored confidence in Yamaha. As long as we report the issues we have and they are reproducible they will probably get fixed. Time to formally report the Dolby atmos on PC gaming issue.
Yeah, it'll all get worked out. Just about any new line has bug's, Yamaha isn't exclusive in that area. Marantz, Denon, NAD etc, has had their fair share of bugs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis