Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
According to ABT this batch they just received has the new HDMI board
If that is the case, there should be a clear distinction in serial number between 2020 units and 2021 units. For example, new units from Sound United also have new boards from May 2021 and this ios visible in the serial.

Are you able to confirm with the retailer if this is really the case? We do not want people to get burnt, yet again.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
If that is the case, there should be a clear distinction in serial number between 2020 units and 2021 units. For example, new units from Sound United also have new boards from May 2021 and this ios visible in the serial.

Are you able to confirm with the retailer if this is really the case? We do not want people to get burnt, yet again.
The only confirmation I have is that sales agent said it's a new batch they just received since I was on the waiting list.I didn't buy anything yet.

GregS

GregS

Audiophyte
Confused, not familiar with the Bravia VH1, but to my knowledge Sony has not upgraded their firmware to support 4k/120hz on their TVs yet, so curious how you got it to work?
I have not gotten it to work yet. Just trying to get stuff in place for it.

GregS

GregS

Audiophyte
Just to clarify. New models do NOT have functioning HDMI 2.1 features and bandwidth until new firmware kicks in. Have you installed new firmare already? Phil Shea from Yamaha said on Audioholics show a few weeks ago that they have a beta firmware and that they are waiting for the certification from HDMI Org before rolloing this out to consumers.

What kind of 4K/120 did you pass thrugh from Play Station?
Is it 4K/120 8-bit 420? If so, this can be done with 18 Gbps from older HDMI 2.0b spec. No HDMI 2.1 involved here.
Is it 4K/120 12-bit 422? If so, this needs 32 Gbps and new FRL data transmission protocol from HDMI 2.1
I have not passed it though yet. It has the 1.41 update from their website. The beta firmware is not out yet. I am just trying to get everything in place for it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure how I like the Yamaha Music Cast app versus the Yamaha AV controller app I was used to with the other one.
Why don’t you continue to use AV Controller?

Are you saying AV Controller no longer works with the new Yamaha?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja

The new Aventage models may be like the 2020 models. You can download the AV Controller app but, when selected, forces one to the app store to get the MusicCast app. Once downloaded, the MusicCast app will come up any time one selects the AV Controller app. I was never able to use the AV Controller app with my RX-V6A.

GregS

GregS

Audiophyte

No if you use the AV controller app it just redirects you to the Music Cast app which has a lot of functions but not a lot of details like the AV controller app. Since the A6A is so new they might update it to work with the AV controller app.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Regarding the remote control function of the MusicCast app, the buttons do not function properly when using it to control the unit's GUI. The buttons do not match up and do what one would expect. Yamaha is aware of it but has yet to fix it. The easiest way to make adjustments is to you use the web setup by typing in 192.168.XXX.XXX/setup/ in a browser, though I would imagine the Aventage models have snappier GUI and physical remote control functions than the RX-V4A and RX-V6A/TSR-700. If I press the SETUP button on my RX-V6A remote control, I can go refill my coffee cup and take a few sips before the f#%kin' GUI pops up.:D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Not really a bug, we were robbed.:mad: Yamaha simply moved over to the MusicCast app on the new models and one cannot use the AV Controller app on 2020 and 2021 models.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
No telling what issues may arise with new Aventage models. Said it before, will say it again, if you have a nice 1080, 2080 or 3080 and will never have a need for 4K@120, cherish it and never let it go.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don’t see any reason why Yamaha would get rid of AV Controller - the BEST WiFi remote control (which even works when the internet is DOWN).

I would think it’s just a matter of time before they fix it for the new models.

GregS

GregS

Audiophyte
I don’t see any reason why Yamaha would get rid of AV Controller - the BEST WiFi remote control (which even works when the internet is DOWN).

I would think it’s just a matter of time before they fix it for the new models.
I hope they do. It worked great on my 2070 one. I just wanted the new model so I could pass through my Roku Ultra and watch HDR and other content on the new TV. You can do a lot more with the AV controller app on the hardware side of stuff. I guess Music Cast is more for streaming music service and such. It's probably OK once I get used to it.. But it certainly is not a replacement for the AV Controller app.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I hope they do. It worked great on my 2070 one. I just wanted the new model so I could pass through my Roku Ultra and watch HDR and other content on the new TV. You can do a lot more with the AV controller app on the hardware side of stuff. I guess Music Cast is more for streaming music service and such. It's probably OK once I get used to it.. But it certainly is not a replacement for the AV Controller app.
I stream music with MusicCast all the time. And I don’t even use the MusicCast app for that. I only use AV Controller for streaming music.

So it’s gotta be just a matter of time.

It would make absolutely no sense to rid AV Controller.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hey, tell it to Yamaha. They need to hear it from somebody other than myself.:D In the meantime, one can check the AV Controller App supported network receivers list from time to time to see if the new models have been added.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
The only confirmation I have is that sales agent said it's a new batch they just received since I was on the waiting list.I didn't buy anything yet.
That sounds like no confirmation. It's marketing.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
No telling what issues may arise with new Aventage models. Said it before, will say it again, if you have a nice 1080, 2080 or 3080 and will never have a need for 4K@120, cherish it and never let it go.:D
New Onkyo/Pioneer/ Integra AVRs work fine with 40 Gbps signals over 4K/120 10-bit. Even Dolby Vision 4K/120 works.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis