Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yup, I like the new models but currently don't need 4K @120 so am keeping my 2019 Onkyo and 2020 Yamaha. If those consoles shrink considerably in size on the next go around, I may finally get a new console and upgrade the TV and AVR as well. Of course, my current TV and XBOX 360 will have to die before that happens. Bioshock and Gears in HD ain't that bad.:D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yup, I like the new models but currently don't need 4K @120 so am keeping my 2019 Onkyo and 2020 Yamaha. If those consoles shrink considerably in size on the next go around, I may finally get a new console and upgrade the TV and AVR as well. Of course, my current TV and XBOX 360 will have to die before that happens. Bioshock and Gears in HD ain't that bad.:D
Same here, I don't really have use for 2.1. Don't do gaming, or the need for 8K tv.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Lucky! I had a feeling I was getting ripped off! I’m canceling my order! I need that 16k resolution! I hope it has good Dacs! If it doesn’t, I’m not buying it! :p
Maybe my distributor is wrong. But they just told me the CX-A5200 is now DISCONTINUED with NO REPLACEMENT date for CX-A5300. :eek:

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Maybe my distributor is wrong. But they just told me the CX-A5200 is now DISCONTINUED with NO REPLACEMENT date for CX-A5300. :eek:
They're really keeping the next processor really close to the chest. Maybe some big updates! Ultimate DACs, 16 channels, DTS:X Pro, HDMI2.1, Dirac room correction, Intel 7 processor chip. Haha. :D :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They're really keeping the next processor really close to the chest. Maybe some big updates! Ultimate DACs, 16 channels, DTS:X Pro, HDMI2.1, Dirac room correction, Intel 7 processor chip. Haha. :D :p
Intel 7?

You mean Intel i9?

No, make it Intel i10. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Intel 7?

You mean Intel i9?

No, make it Intel i10. :D
Shoot, they put an i9 in there, I believe they'd be the only major processor on the market with that chipset. I'm telling ya, I think Yamaha needs to shoot to the moon with this next processor. That $4-$6k range is a very popular. That monoprice HTP1 is always sold out and the Emotiva processors have sold plenty as well. I think if Yamaha can keep it in the $5k range and include all the mega bells and whistles, this next processor is going to sell out.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ha! They should get in bed with Apple: M1X!!!

:p :p :p

(Then maybe I’d consider it… especially if they give me 13 channels +4 dedicated individual Sub Out… ;) )

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
I am looking for this baby to come out Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
How one can tell from serial numbers on the V6A if the unit was build or assembled recently

T

Tony T.

Audiophyte
The new Yamaha AVENTAGE AV receivers for 2021 come armed to the teeth in new features and performance to put its competition on notice. 2021 lineup of Yamaha AV AVENTAGE receivers including the RX-A8A, RX-A6A and RX-A4A. The new lineup offers 11-, 9- and 7-channels, respectively. Yamaha says the new lineup “represent the new reference standard for all others to be compared to". Based on Yamaha's reputation and the updates they've made, including beefier amplifier sections, we have little doubt question this claim.

The RX-A8A looks like a beast, tipping the scale at 47lbs and boasting 150wpc x 11 with 8K support on ALL inputs. Best of all, Yamaha is finally addressing bass with their latest update on YPAO via their Low Frequency Mode.

View attachment 47987

Read: Yamaha RX-A AVENTAGE AV Receivers for 2021
Whats this thing gonna sound like in stereo mode , that IS my first question??

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Found a couple of reviews on BestBuy's website, on Yamaha's RX-A4A. They are reporting No Bugs with their new A4A. One has PS5 hooked up to it and dude is saying all good, so far. Encouraging, so far.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Found a couple of reviews on BestBuy's website, on Yamaha's RX-A4A. They are reporting No Bugs with their new A4A. One has PS5 hooked up to it and dude is saying all good, so far. Encouraging, so far.
Now I can sleep soundly in 4k 120.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
But I have a question if a choice given which one would you buy first The Onkyo RZ50 or the Yamaha A8A. I am for better amp & Dac & glitch free 2.1 HDMI board.

TheLamonster

TheLamonster

Audioholic Intern
just FYI - 4k 120 does not work on the A8 with the Xbox Series X, nor is it supposed to yet.

ALLM and VRR is also greyed out in the Xbox settings, as expected. Can't wait for that firmware!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Wait, you don't put stuff in the wardrobe, do you? Mr. Tumnus will take the shirt off your back, that Mohaired little f#%ker.:D

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Just wait for Denon to come out with all their models with HA suffix. Then they say, ALL will be the modified 2.1 versions. Believe it or not.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis