Yamaha AV Receiver to Pair with my Wharfedale 4.4 speakers?

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
Thinking about a new AV receiver that can be used for watching movies and also do a good job with music. I like that Yamaha has the ability to stream Deezer directly to it. I'm going to be using Wharfedale 4.4 towers.
Any model that is recommended over others? I'd like to keep the price under $700, if possible.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Thinking about a new AV receiver that can be used for watching movies and also do a good job with music. I like that Yamaha has the ability to stream Deezer directly to it. I'm going to be using Wharfedale 4.4 towers.
Any model that is recommended over others? I'd like to keep the price under $700, if possible.
Depends on how loud you listen, since they are rated at 4ohms. If loud, $700 may be too low. I can't find actual 3rd party measurements to what the load looks like.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
Depends on how loud you listen, since they are rated at 4ohms. If loud, $700 may be too low. I can't find actual 3rd party measurements to what the load looks like.
Good point. Pretty loud but not blasting. Probably louder during movies.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
They list them minimum 4.3 on their website, just no idea at what frequency or what the phase looks like.
Compatible???

Nominal Impedance8Ω Compatible
Minimum Impedance4.3Ω

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
I haven't actually bought the Evos yet. I'm about to pull the trigger on them.....or the Diamond 11.5.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Compatible???

Nominal Impedance8Ω Compatible
Minimum Impedance4.3Ω
I never trust that number as there are to many variables, which is why I asked about listening levels. Several manufacturers use that nominal spec and it's not remotely true.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I haven't actually bought the Evos yet. I'm about to pull the trigger on them.....or the Diamond 11.5.
Ones $2000 and the other $500. Big Difference and I'm sure a big Difference in Sound Quality

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
The Diamond 11.5 are $1,500 and the Evo 4.4 are $2,000.

I haven't listened to the Evos but I've heard other Diamonds that I really liked.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats!

I'm getting 2 friends of mine (both are also pharmacists) the Yamaha RX-A1080 as well.

Make sure you set the Impedance setting in the Yamaha to 8 ohms regardless of your speakers' actual nominal impedance.

Also, hopefully you won't need any service since Yamaha is supposed to be among the most reliable, but Yamaha does offer free shipping BOTH ways for brand new and Refurbished AVRs.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
Congrats!

I'm getting 2 friends of mine (both are also pharmacists) the Yamaha RX-A1080 as well.

Make sure you set the Impedance setting in the Yamaha to 8 ohms regardless of your speakers' actual nominal impedance.

Also, hopefully you won't need any service since Yamaha is supposed to be among the most reliable, but Yamaha does offer free shipping BOTH ways for brand new and Refurbished AVRs.
I can't figure out where that setting is....

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
Is it possible to have one set of front speakers for home theater and a different set for music? Would that be a 2nd zone?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis