S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I would recommend using DHCP. If you are using a specific IP in a subnet you entered statically, then another device may get that same IP on a DHCP lease (or already have it on DHCP lease prior).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes we changed modems about a month ago…
Has the AV Controller app done this BEFORE you changed the modem/router?

My AV Controller app has worked 100% of the time - even when there is NO INTERNET at all.

So the AV Controller app works even just on the LOCAL network without any Internet Connection.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It could be something fairly simple, and some basic network troubleshooting would go a long way, but that's probably beyond the scope of this forum.

Not to single you out, but I have to say, for as much as everyone here knows about audio gear (I've been lurking for months and I'm very impressed) any discussion of networking and the Internet is either flat out wrong, or mostly irrelevant to the issue at hand.
I am definitely not an expert on network, but could you please discuss 3 things that are flat out wrong?

Just making sure I am not making those mistakes. :D

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Has the AV Controller app done this BEFORE you changed the modem/router?

My AV Controller app has worked 100% of the time - even when there is NO INTERNET at all.

So the AV Controller app works even just on the LOCAL network without any Internet Connection.
No it’s never done this before we changed the modem out because Comcast noticed that are internet could have been compromised security wise now my iPhone and iPad will not hookup . Today I pulled the whole unit out and unplugged Everything lan lines etc plugged it all back in and still nothing . Although Iam a bit confused by the op address it give me . On the info page it tells me one op address and then on the setup menus when I click on network it with DCHP off it gives me a different address with it off I don’t see anything . Iam not sure what to put in as either address I put in I get a yellow warning tag on the app like it does not recognize the avr .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I’ve retried everything I can think of unplugged the lan line from the receiver and the router reset everything still no connection between the iPhone and the receiver .

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Can you confirm that each of them are connected to your network? DHCP set to ON in Gateway(modem/router combo)?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I’d also go into iPhone settings and tell it to forget current network settings and start from scratch. Then, enter current network info.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I’m sure you’ve looked over the information in the past, but…
431E0923-8B23-433A-8E47-09033C1EEA05.jpeg
37826BC6-9FAD-485B-BF63-9ECBD57AF25F.jpeg

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I’m sure you’ve looked over the information in the past, but…
View attachment 49415View attachment 49416
@Trebdp83 thank you so much for your time I reset everything back to factory on the iPhone and went threw the menu setup on the avr them deleted the app and reloaded the app opened it up and it hooked up instantly just like that lol now I don’t have a single clue what fixed it mabey just reloading the app did it . This sh!t drives me crazy lol ! But anyway thanks for your time again .

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
@Trebdp83 thank you so much for your time I reset everything back to factory on the iPhone and went threw the menu setup on the avr them deleted the app and reloaded the app opened it up and it hooked up instantly just like that lol now I don’t have a single clue what fixed it mabey just reloading the app did it . This sh!t drives me crazy lol ! But anyway thanks for your time again .
Glad you are up and running again. :)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Glad you are up and running again. :)
Dam thing had me up the wall pulling what hair I have left out lol . I think the more I tried the worse it got and finally I just reset everything and I’ll be dammed there it was :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Dam thing had me up the wall pulling what hair I have left out lol . I think the more I tried the worse it got and finally I just reset everything and I’ll be dammed there it was :)
I’m getting to the point I blame apps and Apple TV or Fire tv updates before I blame the cable modem. LOL. :)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I’m getting to the point I blame apps and Apple TV or Fire tv updates before I blame the cable modem. LOL. :)
Exfinity called about a month ago and said our modem and security was compromised and we needed to get a new one at the time we were having some issues with internet dropping out so I changed it out we did have problems with hooking the new one up had to have a tech to get it set back up it just wouldn’t turn the internet back on . To be honest it’s acted goofy at times since it was replaced so this one my be bad too . I hate Comcast lol !

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Provider supplied Gateways I've had sucked. I had horrible luck with them before getting my own modem and router. Latest router is nice with no issues.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Provider supplied Gateways I've had sucked. I had horrible luck with them before getting my own modem and router. Latest router is nice with no issues.
Indeed I agree I’ve been looking into getting my own modem heck for what they charge to rent it on a monthly basis it would pay for itself in 6 months and most definitely better performance aswell and ya call them with a issue and I might aswell get the advice from one of my bird dogs first .

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Indeed I agree I’ve been looking into getting my own modem heck for what they charge to rent it on a monthly basis it would pay for itself in 6 months and most definitely better performance aswell and ya call them with a issue and I might aswell get the advice from one of my bird dogs first .
I don’t know if you mentioned this, but do you have your own Router?

I have an AT&T Modem/Router, but I also use my own Router to hook up to the AT&T Modem/Router.

And so my home network (Yamaha, HTPC, etc.) is hooked up to my own Router.

So when the Internet is down (ice storm), my Local Network (Router) is still up for Yamaha AV controller, MusicCast, HTPC server for Kodi.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I don’t know if you mentioned this, but do you have your own Router?

I have an AT&T Modem/Router, but I also use my own Router to hook up to the AT&T Modem/Router.

And so my home network (Yamaha, HTPC, etc.) is hooked up to my own Router.

So when the Internet is down (ice storm), my Local Network (Router) is still up for Yamaha AV controller, MusicCast, HTPC server for Kodi.
Yea I’ve got my own Router but was thinking yesterday that good lord it’s over 10 years old and it may have been the issue too . We’ve got a Xfinity or Comcast modem with a built in Router and I run my Router hard wired out of it so I guess kind of the same thing . Out internet is very fast but it and the cable do go out a lot we’re out in a small town.
Iam really baffled as to what happened to the app lol reset everything several times then poof it hooked right up .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis