Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yesterday I was going to use this app for a movie and opened it up to not have it recognize my avr I’ve used this app for years and even if I enter the IP address manually it still don’t hook up and sujestions ?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Reset router and/or avr? Soft reset first....
Did both still no joy I’ve entered the op address of the avr a million times . I even deleted the app and reloaded it and reset the modem and router still don’t recognize the avr .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did both still no joy I’ve entered the op address of the avr a million times . I even deleted the app and reloaded it and reset the modem and router still don’t recognize the avr .
What type of address routing are you using? Fixed or variable?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Try logging in using the MusicCast app. Then, go back to the Controller app.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Look into the setup then....and advise what you're using.
We’ll the avr says it’s connected to the internet but I don’t have net radio either lol I went into setup on the avr found the op address entered it into the app nothing . Should dchp be turned on in the network settings?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Phone on same network as receiver?
Yes we changed modems about a month ago and the app worked then after it was changed out but I haven’t used it for a couple weeks till today and now it won’t hookup. I’ve tried everything I can think of . I’ve entered the op address 20 times and nothing the only thing I don’t know is if the dhcp has to be on or off in the network settings.or is there something Iam missing .

ben_

ben_

Junior Audioholic
Can you ping the IP address of the receiver, or bring up its web interface in a browser?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Can you ping the IP address of the receiver, or bring up its web interface in a browser?
I can bring that up in the avr setup for network Iam not sure what you mean by ping .

ben_

ben_

Junior Audioholic
Are you able to browse to the IP address of the receiver on your phone, or on a computer connected to the same network? If you're not familiar with ping it's probably more trouble than it's worth to explain it, but Google is your friend.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Are you able to browse to the IP address of the receiver on your phone, or on a computer connected to the same network? If you're not familiar with ping it's probably more trouble than it's worth to explain it, but Google is your friend.
Nope it’s not hooked up to my laptop so that’s a nope on that and Iam not too tech savvy on that . It’s just weird it’s worked for years and now the app doesn’t recognize the avr .

ben_

ben_

Junior Audioholic
It could be something fairly simple, and some basic network troubleshooting would go a long way, but that's probably beyond the scope of this forum.

Not to single you out, but I have to say, for as much as everyone here knows about audio gear (I've been lurking for months and I'm very impressed) any discussion of networking and the Internet is either flat out wrong, or mostly irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
It could be something fairly simple, and some basic network troubleshooting would go a long way, but that's probably beyond the scope of this forum.

Not to single you out, but I have to say, for as much as everyone here knows about audio gear (I've been lurking for months and I'm very impressed) any discussion of networking and the Internet is either flat out wrong, or mostly irrelevant to the issue at hand.
I’ll be the first to admit I know nothing about networking lol . Now that’s not to say there are some real knowledgeable guys here . Although it’s not brought up as much as audio gear . Iam sure it’s something I’ve turned on or off in my avr as there complex in what does what . I’ve been an audio gear head since the 70’s but these newer avrs are more like computers these days . When I first downloaded this app years ago I had some trouble getting it to work almost by mistake actually it was something I had to turn on or a setting I’ll get the manual out and give it a go .

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, if you cannot get internet radio to work and neither app can find and connect to the receiver, I’d say the receiver is not connected to the network. Can you login to the router and check the list of connected devices?

ben_

ben_

Junior Audioholic
I believe the UniFi WiFiman app is available for both iOS and Android. You could download it and use it's Discovery functionality to try to determine the IP address of the receiver. It's possible the DHCP lease from the old router expired in the time you weren't using the receiver and it obtained a new address and lease from the new router.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Well, if you cannot get internet radio to work and neither app can find and connect to the receiver, I’d say the receiver is not connected to the network. Can you login to the router and check the list of connected devices?
This avr has been known to have a mind of its own at times tomorrow I’ll take some time and recheck the settings and fire up the laptop and see what’s going on thanks for the sujestions !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis