YAMAHA ADVENTAGE RX-A2050 speakers cut off/on every 5 seconds.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
ADTG, why go and throw a rock at Doc? :) Didn’t you start a Thread on (which is better AVR or Separates) or sounded better? Can’t remember been a longtime since I’ve Actually participated on that Thread. Now you done went and opened that can of worms.;):) On top of that your a Pharmacist so you already know that Doctors are always right. If Doc TLSGUY says go back up to your office on the 11th floor get that Prescription I wrote out for you to fill out.
since you had a hard time reading my Arabic writing of the correct Ointment. Come back with what I wanted my Patient to have. Don’t bring me (Generics). TLSGUY see’s them AVR’s as Generic = Bottom feeder lolo lowend lower price Audiophile lmao =Chris >Here it comes > @lovinthehd= No one in their right minded a person would buy Audiophile Gear!! AVR=cheap junky things. Lolo. Andrew! You know Doc is a Audiophile! Person! :) Why go and upset Doc! You never poke a loin! ;):D Now All of us AH members Including Gene gonna get it from Doc.:p;):) In case you haven’t noticed even Gene as much as he knows of Audio and Video knows better than to poke a Lio: umm TLSGuy.:D Thanks a lot Andrew! Us AH members worked hard for a month of hiding out from Doc! Now everybody getting them long 3” needle Shots from Doc.:)
There is something wrong with you.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
There is something wrong with you.
Don’t like been poked uhu? :) Oh ouch!! It’s all in Jess, Chris. Cheers! Lol :) I really don’t like the specs side of this audio hobby thing. I leave that to guys like you and other members. If I really want to know or learn? I’ll inbox Gene. But thank you for checking in on me. Appreciate it!:)

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
But since the Yamaha operate much cooler than the Denon, I'm not using fans anymore.
I do believe Yammies run a bit cooler, but didn't you do something slick in your new house (like an AC closet for the electronics)? Maybe I'm getting mixed up!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do believe Yammies run a bit cooler, but didn't you do something slick in your new house (like an AC closet for the electronics)? Maybe I'm getting mixed up!
It's the same closet I had the Denon AVP-A1HDCI in. It does have A/C zone to keep it cool. So the CX-A5100 now sits in the same rack/closet as the Denon AVP-A1HDCI.

The RX-A3080 now sits in the same rack/room as the Denon AVR-5308CI.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It's the same closet I had the Denon AVP-A1HDCI in.
For how long? (did you use the Denon in your new home)
I thought you had the Denon for something like 8 years!
I was thinking you replaced the Denon about the same time you moved!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
ADTG, why go and throw a rock at Doc? :) Didn’t you start a Thread on (which is better AVR or Separates) or sounded better? Can’t remember been a longtime since I’ve Actually participated on that Thread. Now you done went and opened that can of worms.;):) On top of that your a Pharmacist so you already know that Doctors are always right. If Doc TLSGUY says go back up to your office on the 11th floor get that Prescription I wrote out for you to fill out.
since you had a hard time reading my Arabic writing of the correct Ointment. Come back with what I wanted my Patient to have. Don’t bring me (Generics). TLSGUY see’s them AVR’s as Generic = Bottom feeder lolo lowend lower price Audiophile lmao =Chris >Here it comes > @lovinthehd= No one in their right minded a person would buy Audiophile Gear!! AVR=cheap junky things. Lolo. Andrew! You know Doc is a Audiophile! Person! :) Why go and upset Doc! You never poke a loin! ;):D Now All of us AH members Including Gene gonna get it from Doc.:p;):) In case you haven’t noticed even Gene as much as he knows of Audio and Video knows better than to poke a Lio: umm TLSGuy.:D Thanks a lot Andrew! Us AH members worked hard for a month of hiding out from Doc! Now everybody getting them long 3” needle Shots from Doc.:)
Having been a long term member here, I've learned about some of Docs's prejudisms, one is AVRs. His 25% of Amazon ratings is incorrect. I will shed light on this tomorrow.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Having been a long term member here, I've learned about some of Docs's prejudisms, one is AVRs. His 25% of Amazon ratings is incorrect. I will shed light on this tomorrow.
Fellow Audio Enthusiast, never said Doc was 100% correct I just stated that Doc being a Audiophile and he is. I’m not a Audiophile, I don’t have the mind set for it meaning don’t want to go to classes or become a spec head. I just stated that Doc has some Valid points on his take of AVR ‘s. I Learned that many many years ago that if one has the funds Separates are the way to go. I’m not getting into which will sound better or which last the longest. Many years ago with Analog being a only, the only source and paired up with SS gear. tuner, amp, pre-amp all in one box there where Trade-offs and compromises. Today AVR’s Pretty much rules the market, I won’t get into the numbers useless and really not that Interested who sells them also who doesn’t or what level of Audiophiles choose their gear or if audio Enthusiast are right and audiophiles are wrong. All the Spec heads that are on AH Constantly fight about .05 % of which maker of gear got it right and wins out king of the hill of audio. TLSGUY has very Valid points. Never said his view of all the mess in the audio Industry is rule of law! Apples to Apples an Analogy I picked up on here from older members who are Knowledgeable spec heads. No pun intended. They are very good And deserve acknowledgment for their knowledge. if they go out of their way to share that Knowledge it is a welcome sight to read if Im thinking of buy or just to maybe learn something saves me from Googling. Don’t think for a minute I believe what’s put down in here as rule of law when it comes to specs if I am Serious about buying a piece of audio gear or speakers I will Research it myself and I will ask or seek out a qualified audio engineer if possible . I have only done up Separates once in my life and that was over 40 years ago. A AVR or a two channel Stereo has ruled my hobby even since. Why? Was because I thought Two channel Stereo Receiver or AVR’s where better it was because they are Affordable. That’s bottom line for me, it gives me a good Compromise somewhere in the middle. I believe ADTG made a very good point when he stated, you hit the lottery by everything. Resources has to come into play. Could I Piece together a good separate set up yes. Why not? again AVR’s have given me a good happy Middle of the road of my hobby. All Valid points For my Choices of gear or speakers. May not Necessarily be someone else’s choices.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
KEW, to a point Yamaha run not as hot, can I give my thoughts on this Yamahas are king, or Best durability. My take yes and no, oh yes a Yamaha will get hot. Case in point my Son has Yamahas a3080 paired up with those RBH Impression Elite Towers and center alone with two Dipole/Bipole surrounds and nice 12” sub if I remember 450 watt. Took that AVR up to 0 past Reference level it got Hoot! Really hand can’t stay 2 seconds. But it took everything them Elites could take from that a3080 give, sound stage did not Collapse which is a star on them Elite towers and center, and surrounds. It was Me that talked my Son into seeIng just what he had. Yeah music first one CD of Pink Floyd Darkside of the moon, the whole CD at 0 on the Volume. Than one movie had it in 5..1 TrueHD, Sony 4K 700 player, we put on Blade Runner 2049, Hot hot hot. about 30 minutes of it. Told him we gotta cool it down Son. Biggest smile I ever seen on him in a long time. Except when I gifted him then Elite speakers. For music 2.1 and 3.1 only cause the remote was in his hand. Lolo

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
@PENG, lol You got my take on TLSguy Docs take on everything in one box. It’s Pun lol to have fun funny. Doc is a great guy Knowledgeable and loves to share and help others when he can. Chris believes aka Loveinthehd something is wrong with me. :D Top of the morning to you PENG! Got Coffee my Camel smoke and ready to roll! It’s a great day to be alive! Any day above ground is a good day in my Tally book. Have a good one Sir!:)

Oh Gene and I where chatting inbox, Gene really does have Pun side. But I have to chat only on his post or Threads when chatting with Chris, Loveinthehd guy. Something about that TV Doctor Phil becoming a MOD on AH. Guess his TV show ain’t doing to good since everyone found out his not a real a Doctor. Did you know he can not Prescribe medication. That would be like a Audio Engineer without his test Equipment makes only half a Doctor or Engineer in that case . Go figure huh.;):)

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
No, that is not what I wrote. There were 40 reviews, of which about 25% seemed to have had serious problems in the time the unit was available for sale.

This is not unusual. I just did an install with a mid range Marantz, and was not happy with the performance. I will never agree to do an install again for friends using a receiver unless they make some decent and reliable 5.1 receivers again, and not just the starter junk. You can not put what they are trying to now cram in one box and expect it to work. That is just wasting people's money.

One rule for everyone, is not to buy ANY receiver that does not have a four ohm spec with at least to channels driven and less than 0.1% THD at the specked power. If you don't see that on the spec sheet, don't buy it period. The receiver we are talking about only has an 8 ohm spec and so is useless, because there actually are no 8 ohm speakers. You really can not make a speaker designed for solid state amplification that would be any good at 8 ohms. So to sell speakers the speaker manufacturers say things like 8 ohm compatible and all sorts of fudge terms. However they are not 8 ohms when you measure them mostly. So assume every speaker you look at is 4 ohm in the major power band below BSC. Now see how many current receivers are fit to power them. You will find almost none. So this avocation has now descended to fraud basically.
You should rethink using Amazon to base your arguements on and here are the reasons why.
  1. Amazon's rating criteria is unclear based on their calculations. Amazon calculates a product’s star ratings based on a machine learned model instead of a raw data average. The model takes into account factors including the age of a rating, whether the ratings are from verified purchasers, and factors that establish reviewer trustworthiness.
  2. Amazon maybe an authorized seller but the resellers who are providing Amazon Yamaha products may not be authorized dealers of Yamaha. This leads into point 3.
  3. A 1 star rating was given because Amazon supplied client with a used replacement. Authorized dealer wouldn't do this.. Lets scratch that one off the list ..
  4. A 2 star rating was given to a review of an RX-A2030...not an RX-A2050 .. another disqualification.
  5. A 3 star rating was given by a user who preferred Auddyesy.. another review for the garbage pile
  6. A 3 star rating was given by a user who complained about old bluetooth technology and lip sync problems as a result. Any vendor who used this version of bluetooth in their product would suffer from similar problems. Disqualifying this review
This leaves us with only one 1star review .

Out of 36 reviews there is the following
  1. 1 1-star
  2. 0 2-star
  3. 0 3-star
  4. 10 4-star
  5. 25 5-star
SO your now 25% bad review drops down to 3% rounded up.

Yamaha has always been conservative with its power outputs and just because Yamaha doesn't spec it doesn't mean it can't do it. I've never ever had any problems with Yamaha driving my speakers and yes they dip into 4 ohms. Three out of the 4 AVrs were bought used and are operating trouble free.

Last edited:
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
In response to the original post I had a Yamaha RX-A 3020 do pretty much the same thing about 6 years in . pretty much spotty performance till one day it just went silent showed decoder off in the display no sound coming out called Yamaha support and spent about 45 min running threw different restarts some that required different procedures than they put in the manual nothing worked .

in the menu it showed firm ware error for awhile then nothing at all so after weighing the options on buying new and fixing this unit they told me that really there's not a whole lot of difference in features that id miss buy fixing the 3020 . I compared the price point to fixing verses new in the top of the line today and sent it to a authorized center in Kentucky . they had to replace the whole main processer board and an hdmi board it was around $ 375.00 to repair including shipping .

In talking with both repair tech's they both said this is a problem they see all to frequently its hit or miss with the units in the Advantage line but id rather pay 375.00 than 2000,00 right now . send it in they'll fix ya up and are very easy to work with and helpful with trying fixes to get them running in my experience anyhow .

They fixed it in 3 weeks put an upgraded chip set in and she runs great good as new hope my experience is helpful . send it in its going to die if its acting up like that , Good luck !!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For how long? (did you use the Denon in your new home)
I thought you had the Denon for something like 8 years!
I was thinking you replaced the Denon about the same time you moved!
Had the AVP-A1HDCI in the old house (Open VTI modular rack, 3 x 120mm fans) for about 5 years. Then had the AVP-A1HDCI at the new house from Jan 2017. So I was using the AVP-A1 in my new house until it malfunctioned.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Had the AVP-A1HDCI in the old house (Open VTI modular rack, 3 x 120mm fans) for about 5 years. Then had the AVP-A1HDCI at the new house from Jan 2017. So I was using the AVP-A1 in my new house until it malfunctioned.
So you didn't even get 8 years out of it? When did it malfunction?
Time flies (it seems more as you get older) - I would have put your move closer to early 2018!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So you didn't even get 8 years out of it? When did it malfunction?
Time flies (it seems more as you get older) - I would have put your move closer to early 2018!
I started moving in Dec 2016, but finished the move by Jan 2017.

Yeah, exact times/duration on the AVP-A1HD is a little fuzzy now.

It's gotta be 8 years on the AVP-A1. Probably 2011-2019.

V

vafa

Audiophyte
hi my receiver rx a2050 cut off when i increase the volume and display show check sp wire i disconect all speakers from the system and again i have this measage from the receiver

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
pls tell me how can i fix it
All you can do is hard reset back to factory defaults. If after three attempts you still have the problem, then your only fix is a new receiver, or preferably a pre/pro and external amps.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis